A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the First Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

On my Sunday reading I came across the line - A Trump decision is like the weather, it can change.

vis-à-vis the decision to pull out of Syria and then turnaround to order a missile strike.

Well, being a nationalist president in a globalist USA is not that easy.

During his campaign: "I'd like us to get along better with Russia"!
After the election: Trump and Russia collusion stories non stop. Still no proof!
"We should withdraw our troops from Iraq, Afghanistan!" Next more soldiers and bombings in those countries.
"We should stay out of Syria!" Angry phone call from Israeli prime minister, a week later fake gas attack and air strikes.

I think he got on the loosing street when Bannon was removed.
 
On my Sunday reading I came across the line - A Trump decision is like the weather, it can change.

vis-à-vis the decision to pull out of Syria and then turnaround to order a missile strike.

Did you rail this way after the first middle strike?

What about the UK and France? They were involved because they wanted to help Trump create something bigger to take America's mind off of Stormy Daniels and pissing Russian hookers?

The UK actually perpetrated the gas attack to help Trumps public opinion numbers as they were feeling cheeky after posioning the Skripal's.

The French went along to take French minds off of Macron's labour law changes?
 
Did you rail this way after the first middle strike?

What about the UK and France? They were involved because they wanted to help Trump create something bigger to take America's mind off of Stormy Daniels and pissing Russian hookers?

The UK actually perpetrated the gas attack to help Trumps public opinion numbers as they were feeling cheeky after posioning the Skripal's.

The French went along to take French minds off of Macron's labour law changes?

It clearly serves as part of the bigger strategic aim, but it's the lies that grates, it would be better if they stated the truth: we're going to bomb Syria to scare the crap out of everyone. I think it works for the USA, as Russia blinked, but it won't work for May, the Brits have had enough lies since Iraq and Libya. They won't forgive her.
 
It clearly serves as part of the bigger strategic aim, but it's the lies that grates, it would be better if they stated the truth: we're going to bomb Syria to scare the crap out of everyone. I think it works for the USA, as Russia blinked, but it won't work for May, the Brits have had enough lies since Iraq and Libya. They won't forgive her.

I am so glad I live in a geopolitically neutral country where I don't have to second guess why my metrosexual PM does things.

I don't have to worry if Syrian gas attacks are real or not. I assume they are but even if they are fake news I really don't care. Who gassed who is unimportant in my world.

That way I don't have to concern myself with Reds under the Bed.

I employ the "what would Leit think?" tool to evaluate things and then believe the opposite.

He thinks every significant world event is a conspiracy theory from fires at Russian malls to Syrian gas attacks.
 
I am so glad I live in a geopolitically neutral country where I don't have to second guess why my metrosexual PM does things.

I don't have to worry if Syrian gas attacks are real or not. I assume they are but even if they are fake news I really don't care. Who gassed who is unimportant in my world.

That way I don't have to concern myself with Reds under the Bed.

I employ the "what would Leit think?" tool to evaluate things and then believe the opposite.

He thinks every significant world event is a conspiracy theory from fires at Russian malls to Syrian gas attacks.

It would be great if this could be passed off as a mere police operation, against the evil Hitler inspired optician, Assad. But after the Iraq and Libyan fiascos, not to mention the previous chemical attacks in Syria, a lot of people have their bull-shit detectors set on full. The Establishment have lost control of the reality studio, their attempts to regain control are increasingly pathetic as they're trying to placate it with PC BS and ideological dogma which they're trying to use to control the narrative. Too late for them.
 
It would be great if this could be passed off as a mere police operation, against the evil Hitler inspired optician, Assad. But after the Iraq and Libyan fiascos, not to mention the previous chemical attacks in Syria, a lot of people have their bull-shit detectors set on full. The Establishment have lost control of the reality studio, their attempts to regain control are increasingly pathetic as they're trying to placate it with PC BS and ideological dogma which they're trying to use to control the narrative. Too late for them.

Time to cue the shirtless guy in the leather jacket, no?
 
Did you rail this way after the first middle strike?

What about the UK and France? They were involved because they wanted to help Trump create something bigger to take America's mind off of Stormy Daniels and pissing Russian hookers?

Rail? I know it's difficult to understand my tone in text but I'm not railing. It's merely repeating an astute observation. I fully support the strikes. Our Prime Minister said the same.

Throw in the rest of the anglo speaking Commonwealth nations, US, Britain and France and we *are* the world. Anyone else's opinion is irrelevant.

I find it amusing to serve in this administration because you could find yourself working towards your commander in chief's goal one day and then a week later he will gladly throw you under the bus for another opportunity that came up. Being a courtier there to get his attention to focus on what you need him to do must be maddening.
 
I don’t know if securing peace via threatening war is consistent with the vision of the Nobel Peace Prize (I feel like it probably isn’t), but Trump certainly would deserve it more than Obama did.

If a real agreement is reached, Moon will obviously get it. Trump might, as calling Kim’s bluff was a major catalyst (along with SK electing a pro-reconciliation president and NK being able to claim to have achieved nuclear power). Kim might get it too, despite being a bloated dictator.
 
Last edited:
I don’t know if securing peace via threatening war is consistent with the vision of the Nobel Peace Prize (I feel like it probably isn’t), but Trump certainly would deserve it more than Obama did.

If a real agreement is reached, Moon will obviously get it. Trump might, as calling Kim’s bluff was a major catalyst (along with SK electing a pro-reconciliation president and NK being able to claim to have achieved nuclear power). Kim might get it too, despite being a bloated dictator.

Was it really Trump or the Chinese government? I don't think an escalation in the region is in their interest.
However, I agree about the Obama Nobel prize. Can't really remember why he got it in the first place, other than being black African.
 
Was it really Trump or the Chinese government? I don't think an escalation in the region is in their interest.
However, I agree about the Obama Nobel prize. Can't really remember why he got it in the first place, other than being black African.

He got it for not being Bush and for deescalation of the conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan (ha!)

China has also contributed. I’m sure they didn’t really think that NK would become a nuclear power until it did.
 
China has also contributed. I’m sure they didn’t really think that NK would become a nuclear power until it did.

China has most definitely more power over NK than the US. And NK developing nukes without knowledge and permission of China is hard to believe.
However, Israel and our dear leader of the Western world are hellbent to pacify another threat to world peace: Iran. Both are sure that Iran is (in secret of course) developing nuclear weapons. So, naturally, Israel attacks positions of the Syrian army in Syria.
Must be great if you don't have to give a shit about internatioal agreements and conventions and you can just attack a sovereign nation if you feel like it.
 
Watched CNN this morning since it was playing at the gym. They are so fixated on the Stormy Daniels's story as if the rest of the world ceased to exist. I wonder who the program director is that approves such aweful broadcasting. No wonder its ratings are horrible
 
I’ve never watched CNN, but I used to read the website. I don’t anymore; the clickbait Trump bashing is exhausting. Mind you, I don’t mind Trump bashing as long as it is substantive news and not opinion/speculation/hyperbole, which now dominates CNN.

Web traffic is up, but viewership is down (I don’t know if it is down from pre-election levels, but Fox News didn’t lose anywhere near as many viewers from its election peak than did CNN and MSNBC).
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-and-msnbc-ratings/

My guess is it’s a combination of
a) people getting tired of the focus on the minutia of Trump (of the liberals I know, this is true for well over half of them).
b) that the election attracted a lot of people on the right that didn’t normally watch news and Fox has retained them
c) those who use TV for news tend to be rural and right leaning, and those who use internet for news tend to be urban and left-leaning.

I try to stick to Reuters and AP, but when I want analysis or opinion, I’ll go to WSJ, The Hill, and NPR (surprisingly committed to presenting just the facts, without speculation or opinion, when it comes to Trump, despite being left in its coverage of most social issues).

On a different note, Compustat should update in July and I’ll be able to see if the GOP was right about the corporate tax cuts (and the ratio of reinvestment to dividend payoffs increases) or if the Dems were right (and the ratio decreases).
 
Last edited:
So what's the deal with the porn star who took the money to keep quiet but then decided to talk anyway?
Last I read was a click bait headline on a German website with her lawyer claiming Trump has to resign when the details come out.
This is now attempt number what? 4 or 5 of another smear campaign?
They should focus more on his unholy alliance with Israel which will eventually bring more war and more migrants to Europe.
 
So what's the deal with the porn star who took the money to keep quiet but then decided to talk anyway?
Last I read was a click bait headline on a German website with her lawyer claiming Trump has to resign when the details come out.
This is now attempt number what? 4 or 5 of another smear campaign?
They should focus more on his unholy alliance with Israel which will eventually bring more war and more migrants to Europe.

How did the story even break out in the first place. Does it really matter? He was a private citizen back then and he could do whatever he wanted, not that I condone cheating.

I think the left has lost every single attempt to smear him, and this is their last straw. I read somewhere though that her lawyer is connected to the Clintons.
 
I read somewhere though that her lawyer is connected to the Clintons.

Wouldn't surprise me. He probably helped Hillary to track down and destroy the girls Bill had banged over the years.
Still, she took the money and didn't give it to charity (there must be a lot of struggeling porn "actors" in LA), so she broke the contract.
In a Hollywood movie she would have had a tragic accident by now.
 
Rudy Giuliani is going to get himself fired if he starts going into topics he's not responsible for. That said I can see why he wasn't considered for Secretary of State. Tillerson almost seems competent next to this man. His paper spitting, shredding antics with the Iran agreement would send shivers down what's left of the State department.
 
I am not pro Israel by any means but I think at this point, Israel is maintaining the balance over there
 
I'm intrigued by the EU political elite vowing to protect European business and interests in the Islamic Republic of Iran, perhaps they might take some time off from their displays of virtue signalling and inform their banks to accept payments from Iranian entities. Most if not all banks and States in Europe haven't been accepting payments from Iran for the last several weeks. This includes Germany.

Looks like Trump has busted them flush!
 
I'm intrigued by the EU political elite vowing to protect European business and interests in the Islamic Republic of Iran, perhaps they might take some time off from their displays of virtue signalling and inform their banks to accept payments from Iranian entities. Most if not all banks and States in Europe haven't been accepting payments from Iran for the last several weeks. This includes Germany.

Looks like Trump has busted them flush!

Well, didn't President Trump say he'd sanction European firms dealing with Iran? You might have to accept some barter in return. Saffron, pistachios, cocaine. At least some of those things are worth more than what you'd get from Venezuela.
 
Well, didn't President Trump say he'd sanction European firms dealing with Iran? You might have to accept some barter in return. Saffron, pistachios, cocaine. At least some of those things are worth more than what you'd get from Venezuela.
I think the US/ Israeli government are hoping for some Iranian hardliners to give them a reason for a military attack on Iran mainland rather than troops in Syria.
The weird thing is that, while the US have left that treaty, they still demand that Iran abides to it or it will be punished.
What becomes more and more evident is that the US don't really care about what their "allies" and "partners" want but do what is best for them. Nothing wrong with that, I just wish the other Western nations would do the same.
 
Besides oil, what else is in the Middle East? Maybe all parties can just withdraw and let them fight it out and we side with whoever wins at the end. It's such a mess.
 
Women with a lot of hair.
And big noses. Plus screechy voices.
Keep in mind that oil was (and still is) big business. That's why the Brits, French and Americans made sure they split up the nations with arbitrary borders. To make sure the diffrerent tribes don't get along.

 
"At least 41 Palestinians have been killed and 1,800 wounded by Israeli troops, Palestinian officials say, in the deadliest day of clashes since the 2014 Gaza war."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44104599

How many Palestinians are there? That's a lot of people dead and wounded for a protest.

BBC spin to say it is Trump trying to placate evangelical Christians. Nothing to do with the Israel Lobby. Jon Sopel (Jew)
 
I go on Canadian news media and it says both US and China have declared victory and stepped back from a trade war.

I go to US news media and it says President Trump has caved in and gained little to nothing after making concessions to China followed by a number of Republicans denigrating the outcome including Marco Rubio.

Who is correct?
 
At the same time on BBC it says the US will apply maximum sanctions on Iran. Not sure that is stale because the news desk went to sleep or that's the next news story 5 hours ahead.
 
New media here is to focused on Stormy Daniels to span attention else where.

She was on the news today. I think she got her own star on the walk of shame in West Hollywood (or something similar).
Such a role model. Getting praised for sticking it to the man (instead of the other way round)... Yay, porn indusry!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom