Aging: That Harsh Mistress

it's not that it is difficult to televise, it is the belief that it is hard to televise and people won't get into it. Only America would come up with the idea that you have to enhance the puck with colours and swooshes. Remember that?

I guess it takes getting used to for the non-traditional fan.

Dude, I genuinely like hockey, always have. It is mind numbing on television.

Dude, I genuinely like hockey, always have. It is mind numbing on television.

Wasn't saying you were a non-trad fan.

I don't see the mind numbingness but I supposed my mind has been deteriorated from watching it for so long.

But then again, I like watching cricket too

[QUOTE="LelandJ, ]. Nose hair is too painful to pull.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I don't know. Sometimes the searing pain subsides after a few hours, after which I target the next offending hair.

just do HGH every day
stay young

be careful with the HGH, too will give you a 6 pack pot belly and maybe this face too
big-belly-bodybuilder.jpg
acromegaly-214_21.jpg

I feel the best I've felt in my entire life. Just want to put that out there. All the various problems I've had at various points are seeming to sort out. I'm good-looking, well-dressed, non-smoking, non-drinking man with a clear complexion...getting stronger everyday, finally getting my cardio endurance up. Dick is harder than ever. Teeth whiter than ever. Fuck yeah.

The great thing is that you're at an age where it only gets better. I know you think you've done it all and seen it all but your late twenties and thirties are fantastic years. Just great.

Quick, LelandJ LelandJ post something in the environment thread so Bill Nye Jr over here can get back on track. I'm going to puke from all this happy happy joy bullshit.

Quick, LelandJ LelandJ post something in the environment thread so Bill Nye Jr over here can get back on track. I'm going to puke from all this happy happy joy bullshit.

Later today, he'll probably be back to normal after first drink.

it's not that it is difficult to televise, it is the belief that it is hard to televise and people won't get into it. Only America would come up with the idea that you have to enhance the puck with colours and swooshes. Remember that?

I guess it takes getting used to for the non-traditional fan.

Hockey is not really an interesting game. Too much scrumming, too many stoppages. Tactically boring. And yeah, you can't see the fucking puck. I know you can joke about ideas to enhance it, but imagine watching basketball when the ball was basically invisible? It is hard to televise. Even live it's hard to see the puck.

Hockey is not really an interesting game. Too much scrumming, too many stoppages. Tactically boring. And yeah, you can't see the fucking puck. I know you can joke about ideas to enhance it, but imagine watching basketball when the ball was basically invisible? It is hard to televise. Even live it's hard to see the puck.

people who cannot see or follow the puck on TV or live baffle me. i will accept no other answer.

people who cannot see or follow the puck on TV or live baffle me. i will accept no other answer.

Tennis has become harder in this respect as well. Though I can see the ball. Hockey? Only in flashes of "oh there it is".

The lot of you can't see balls in ball sports? It says something about advanced age.

Is that when I was with some woman from Sri Lanka and she said hockey was quite slow.... (to cricket?!)

The puck graphics on the yank networks were asinine.

The lot of you can't see balls in ball sports? It says something about advanced age.

To me the puck is the least of the issues with televising, it's the loss of atmosphere. Hockey is a much more intimate game than say football. The smell of the ice, the snap of the boards are all a huge part of the experience. In football, if you have nosebleed tickets you are actually getting a better experience on your couch becuase you are so removed from the sensory inputs of the game.

To me the puck is the least of the issues with televising, it's the loss of atmosphere. Hockey is a much more intimate game than say football. The smell of the ice, the snap of the boards are all a huge part of the experience. In football, if you have nosebleed tickets you are actually getting a better experience on your couch becuase you are so removed from the sensory inputs of the game.

There is something to that. But televising sports usually has some loss of the live experience. my other big peeve about the NHL is that a decent but non-premium seat plus a beer a hotdog and parking on average is almost $100 bucks across the league. No longer cheap entertainment for a family to go to a game. Recent annual raises in ticket prices have led all other pro sports.

No sport has been cheap for a very long time. $100 for all of that is cheap. Hockey is probably lower ticket priced than many sports, though.

Hey if you go to a Leafs game, hot dogs are cheap on me. Bloody grocery store half a block away.

Problem is you gave your left nut for those tickets.

Hey if you go to a Leafs game, hot dogs are cheap on me. Bloody grocery store half a block away.

Problem is you gave your left nut for those tickets.

Average Leaf ticket is about $350 or more. Most expensive in the league

They used to literally give away Panthers tickets. They've stopped that now but wonder why people aren't showing up to games.

No sport has been cheap for a very long time. $100 for all of that is cheap. Hockey is probably lower ticket priced than many sports, though.

MLS will have you beat. I was often able to get RSL tickets for my wife and I for <$70 total.

You chaps haven't heard how many times I hear at airports where 30-40 something men are setting up trust funds for their kids to inherit and pay for Leafs seasons.

That's part of aging too - season tickets for your kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom