Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Screenshot (460).webp


Cloth Fox Brothers Somerset Jacketing.
 
I like it, Fox Brothers have a real buzz at the moment.

They are doing a fantastic job as of late. I have gotten several lengths of cloth, plus a few things from their merchant shop. Waiting on some pyjamas as we speak actually
 
They are doing a fantastic job as of late. I have gotten several lengths of cloth, plus a few things from their merchant shop. Waiting on some pyjamas as we speak actually
That winter sports jacket I got from F.G. van den Heuvel in the Huntsman style in their cloth earlier this year is so spot on. I was doing a bit of wardrobe sorting out last weekend and I needed to try it on again as I was thinking is it really that good? And it was and is.

I'm tempted, but I'm tempted by many things, to get (a)some jacket(s) made up in the Autumn in Fox cloth. Generally, I'm straight up and down chap, so I can get away with RTW. But the cloth, now there is the rub.
 
That winter sports jacket I got from F.G. van den Heuvel in the Huntsman style in their cloth earlier this year is so spot on. I was doing a bit of wardrobe sorting out last weekend and I needed to try it on again as I was thinking is it really that good? And it was and is.

I'm tempted, but I'm tempted by many things, to get (a)some jacket(s) made up in the Autumn in Fox cloth. Generally, I'm straight up and down chap, so I can get away with RTW. But the cloth, now there is the rub.
This is the other colour way they do to in the pattern you got Pimp. Both killer.

228738929_1200847167007770_8337677649153594029_n.webp


These are the other two I had made up

229054221_206879724733437_6947561866821683196_n.webp

229015806_517765606154307_2304875169975569174_n.webp
 
Your Germanic instincts are shining through. Only the Germans love the flesh colored accessories

I live in Germany, but I'm Italian and my style is anything but German.

By the way, I wouldn't define that colour "flesh", but rather beige with an antique pink accent.
 
I live in Germany, but I'm Italian and my style is anything but German.

By the way, I wouldn't define that colour "flesh", but rather beige with an antique pink accent.
It’s a running joke on the forum. Don’t take everything so personally.
 
Already the light khaki of the suit with the intense blue of the shirt is a perfect match, but the orange of the tie makes the outfit very special.

Screenshot (478).webp
 
I would not wear that orange tie. A dark blue perhaps
A dark blue would be a classic match, and a dark brown would also look nice, but in my eyes that orange gives a nice colour splash and makes the attire more interesting.
I don’t like orange.
I like it, but would agree that you need to dose it carefully for not falling into tackiness. Moreover I prefer some muted tones of orange, that are easier combinable.
 
Hard to match, high risk of being tacky in my opinion
I like it under a blue suit, an Orange tie for example. But it works best as an accent colour where it can be very effective.

Burnt Orange shade can look beautiful especially with chocolate brown. I remember a picture of a Japanese chap wearing a brown chalkie with a burnt orange tie that was splended. Somebody may have saved the picture and maybe can post it.

I also think that a bright Orange shade is good for a Polo shirt. I have several Lacoste ones that I wear with white/cream/stone coloured linen trousers and shorts.
 
Clip on braces a big no no for me.
I agree. Clip-on braces, despite what the Eyetalians and the Armoury crew might think, is for tackys.

There is orange and there is orange. As said earlier, orange as an accent colour, burnt orange tie in the winter is beautiful indeed. With blues, dark olives, chocolate browns.

I don't entirely agree with it as a choice for polo shirt unless perhaps one is of a darker complexion or has a tan. Even then, it can be hard to pull off.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom