ok, let’s restart and try again. I think the idea of having a board to discuss style is to offer ideas and ensembles and share and discuss subjective views of those. Assuming that there are universal, written-in-stone rules no one should deviate from take all the fun out of it, and frankly negate the reason for having a board in the first place.
I would want to believe we all know those rules, but if we all dress in gray flannels and blue blazers, the conversation will get dull rather quickly.
So I’d suggest that we continue offering ideas, and commenting them on a subjective basis, rather than negating them based on said universal rules?
I’ll start: I think denim and tweed (or denim and tailored jacket) have a time and a place in informal settings - ideal if you are weekend strolling in the city, or being a tourist somewhere. You don’t need to be more formal, and sometimes you just rather not to, to avoid unwanted attention, and still you stay stylish and well put together.
Me in Napoli, 2 years ago or so. Panico cashmere jacket, momotaro jeans.
View attachment 39849