Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

but we shouldn't be guided by prejudices in our likes and dislikes, even following some rules (more personal than universal).
There is absolutely no need for this, as the picture you posted speaks for itself. How about you show some nice tailored denim outfits for everyone‘s amusement.
 
There is absolutely no need for this, as the picture you posted speaks for itself. How about you show some nice tailored denim outfits for everyone‘s amusement.
I did and you had your amusement. Personally I don't have anything in denim, but those garments are pleasant to me and I could possibly give a try.

I think that the denim jacket would match well with honey, mustard or tobacco cord trousers, besides flannels, as shown by Crompton.
And the denim trousers would go great with some olive, mud or ochre linen jacket, for example.

That's my opinion, nobody has to like it.
 
Last edited:
Certainly one doesn't need to have denim in his wardrobe at any price and some attempts really look contrived, but we shouldn't be guided by prejudices in our likes and dislikes, even following some rules (more personal than universal).

Another good example of denim suitable to tailored clothing is this shirt by D'Avino Napoli.

View attachment 39886
Funnily enough I've just been looking at a shirt in that very colour made by that maker for Cavour. Image that shirt with a jacket in this cloth...

120902137_589919018679551_4194382510350273887_n.webp


I'll admit I left the shop with a hard on.
 
I tried trawling through this thread to find an example of denim and tweedy sports coat I liked, but got bored/gave up. Emptym is about the only one who doesn’t look like a total prat. If anyone else am make it to the end, please post the best/worst here.

 
Certainly one doesn't need to have denim in his wardrobe at any price and some attempts really look contrived, but we shouldn't be guided by prejudices in our likes and dislikes, even following some rules (more personal than universal).

Another good example of denim suitable to tailored clothing is this shirt by D'Avino Napoli.

View attachment 39886
Now this is beautiful! I'd say it could be worn exactly like an Oxford cloth shirt. Amazing texture.
 
It'd just landed today. Loro Piana, Proposte Giacche FW21/22. Some magic stuff in the collection. But that was my fav. The other one that caught my eye was similar to the one Ethan had on in that picture you liked. Held back on that for now as I'm having a light brown cord suit made as well.

217405641_326029939198143_491680174951631111_n.webp
 
I tried trawling through this thread to find an example of denim and tweedy sports coat I liked, but got bored/gave up. Emptym is about the only one who doesn’t look like a total prat. If anyone else am make it to the end, please post the best/worst here.


Lovat green twill with a blue overcheck goes well with denim fwiw.

All this denim talk has actually reminded me I have a pair of jeans and I honestly haven't seen them in ages and now I'm wondering where TF they are.
 
Lovat green twill with a blue overcheck goes well with denim fwiw.

All this denim talk has actually reminded me I have a pair of jeans and I honestly haven't seen them in ages and now I'm wondering where TF they are.
I found my green cispire pants last week on a hanger under a jacket after about 6 months of wondering where they were. I really need a good clear out, trouble is that creates space to fill with other stuff I never wear then. I've been better the last couple of years but my buying is still a bit out of hand tbh.
 
God's lonely sartorial man, thinking, how can I catch the next thing smoking now that bespoke is out and I can't get to Naples as I am living in a red zone...?
There should be an age limit on blue denim jeans. On black jeans, I think you can add twenty years to the age limit. I haven't worn black jeans in 20 years, but I have considered it. Blue denim? No way, even Jeremy Clarkson can no longer pull it off.
I did sport some coloured 501's and Armani's in my late thirties and early forties, black, some olive drab and khaki. It's a crap fabric, heavy and doesn't dry out quickly when wet and stinks around the crotch very quickly. Clarkson is the living epitome why grown men should never, ever sport blue denim and a lesson to us all.
Says the herd that will wear flannels and blazer everywhere?
If it's good enough for Alan Whicker...

I don't always sport blazers but when I do, I've already replaced the buttons with Benson & Clegg antique silver or bronze ones with a very peacock shirt. The secret of a blazer is don't go shiny and beaming soft metals because it will illicit a negative response in lesser mortals.

Always glad to help m8!

Moving on, this is a pretty nice hot weather look, especially if Zottolo would bother closing a few more buttons.
View attachment 39862
Saved by not wearing Tony Montana style gold chains. All two or three of them.
 
It'd just landed today. Loro Piana, Proposte Giacche FW21/22. Some magic stuff in the collection. But that was my fav. The other one that caught my eye was similar to the one Ethan had on in that picture you liked. Held back on that for now as I'm having a light brown cord suit made as well.

View attachment 39888
Looks interesting but I’d need to see a full jacked to know if it was too loud or just subtle enough.
 
Looks interesting but I’d need to see a full jacked to know if it was too loud or just subtle enough.
Ah, but thats the chance you take every time with patterns from a swatch. I had this one made up last year. I knew it'd be loud but not mega mega loud. Deffo a sunny day coat as long as its cool enough, but its got a linen look so its a narrow window. And It only lends itself to white trousers, I like it but its not versatile enough. Didn't think it through.

98341033_10159878643243206_8461913990707019776_n.jpg
 
Certainly one doesn't need to have denim in his wardrobe at any price and some attempts really look contrived, but we shouldn't be guided by prejudices in our likes and dislikes, even following some rules (more personal than universal).

Another good example of denim suitable to tailored clothing is this shirt by D'Avino Napoli.

View attachment 39886
That could be Batiste or Chambray. Denim should be thicker.
 
I was outside in the garden yesterday, tending to the topiary whilst luxuriating in linen, and therefore missed the shenanigans of the last what, 48hrs.

My tuppence is: Tweed is fine with Denim. Heavily distressed denim is difficult.
 
Ah, but thats the chance you take every time with patterns from a swatch. I had this one made up last year. I knew it'd be loud but not mega mega loud. Deffo a sunny day coat as long as its cool enough, but its got a linen look so its a narrow window. And It only lends itself to white trousers, I like it but its not versatile enough. Didn't think it through.

View attachment 39894
Lovely.
 
Don't know, maybe the only right use of denim is for working wear, like here:

Screenshot (362).webp


By the way this looks better than Crompton's chore suit.
 
I can agree about shill and freeloader, but if his readers are aware of it and the producers agree on it, I wouldn't call him a fraud.
He is a fraud as he portrays himself as an connoisseur which I do not believe he is. If he didn't post feedback is his blog comments, posting obnoxious bollocks, I wouldn't mind so much.
 
Fucking ell FG I've just done 8 hours in gear like that. Your starting to make the place to look like a workwear catalogue.

All this pent up sexual frustration over steel toe caps and chore jackets isn't good for you.

Get yourself some tissues and crack one off.

your welcome
 
Chore coats were popular in the workwear/SWD world about a decade ago. Lame CW crossovers started about four years ago. When Todd Snyder is hawking one, you know you don’t want it.


 
Fucking ell FG I've just done 8 hours in gear like that. Your starting to make the place to look like a workwear catalogue.

All this pent up sexual frustration over steel toe caps and chore jackets isn't good for you.

Get yourself some tissues and crack one off.

your welcome
Hahahaha. Couldn’t get used to the pockets of the Blaaklader work pants. Nicely made. Comfortable.
 
Workwear becomes cosplay when it's obvious the guy spent a more than a sanctioned amount of time matching and layering his outfit. And layering is always a fail in casual styles when it's done for no other reason than to create contrast. Too contrived.

Just be a man, get dressed based on what you will be doing that day, and wear a proper coat if it's that cold outside.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom