Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

This collar, intended to be worn without a tie, would be the right choice for a more relaxed look. Nice cloth as well.

View attachment 40039View attachment 40040View attachment 40041
I agree completely. I really like one-piece collars with hidden buttons at the points for casual use. I dislike how button-down shirts look, and I think a well-made one-piece collar rolls much more beautifully than one made with a separate band. Especially since these shirts will never be worn with a tie.
 
Simple perfection, in a single breasted jacket and in a double breasted blazer, Sartoria Dalcuore.

Screenshot (424).webp
Screenshot (425).webp


Lovely rolling lapel in the SB three buttons ironed to two jacket and wonderful proportions in the DB 4on1 blazer: the distance between the buttons and between the stance and the hem is exemplary to me.
 
Simple perfection, in a single breasted jacket and in a double breasted blazer, Sartoria Dalcuore.

View attachment 40069View attachment 40070

Lovely rolling lapel in the SB three buttons ironed to two jacket and wonderful proportions in the DB 4on1 blazer: the distance between the buttons and between the stance and the hem is exemplary to me.
Looking at it on the mannequin, it seems overly feminine to me. Do you have any pics of it being worn by a human being?
 
Florisgreen wrote:

Simple perfection, in a single breasted jacket and in a double breasted blazer, Sartoria Dalcuore.


Screenshot (424).png

Screenshot (425).png



Lovely rolling lapel in the SB three buttons ironed to two jacket and wonderful proportions in the DB 4on1 blazer: the distance between the buttons and between the stance and the hem is exemplary to me.

We need to see these on people, not tailors dummies...

Oh...!!!
 
Last edited:
Curiously when I saw it the first time I wasn't positively struck by the Teba jacket. Getting fond of it, I think that it's a great option when you want to dress down a little, still maintaining a good style. This one by The Merchant Fox.

Screenshot (435).png
Screenshot (436).webp
 
Last edited:
Curiously when I saw it the first time I wasn't positively struck by the Teba jacket. Getting fond of it, I think that it's a great option when you want to dress down a little, still maintaining a good style. This one by The Merchant Fox.

View attachment 40120View attachment 40122
It’s manufactured by Justo Gimeno in Zaragoza, actually, using the same pattern as all other JG white-labeled Tebas
 
Mr Freedom makes some great, high-end pieces yet keeps it super casual and self-deprecating:

 
Curiously when I saw it the first time I wasn't positively struck by the Teba jacket. Getting fond of it, I think that it's a great option when you want to dress down a little, still maintaining a good style. This one by The Merchant Fox.

View attachment 40120View attachment 40122
I was actually thinking about having one made in a navy Dugdale tweed with a very faint windowpane check. I think I’d prefer just a tad more fitted cut than the one in the top picture, though.
 
This would better fit in the disagreeable thread.

It’s probably not the best example. I think he comes across well - part of it is the clothes and part is the attitude. All very refreshing, especially since he is selling super expensive Americana clothing to clothing nerds and obsessives.
 
I was actually thinking about having one made in a navy Dugdale tweed with a very faint windowpane check. I think I’d prefer just a tad more fitted cut than the one in the top picture, though.
Was going to get the Merchant Fox one, but everyone on here put me off with tales of it being a rip-off and more cost effective ones direct from Spain. Then I lost interest and got one of the Cordings Livingstone jackets in a silk and linen mix a leftover sales one, unlike the 100% linen on the website now.
 
Tebas are OK, but the Armoury's 3-pocket blouson is rather nice too, as is the 100 Hands traveller jacket.
Cavour are doing a jacket this coming season like the 100 Hands Traveller. I've seen the pototype and it was really nice. Not sure what the retail will be on it but I reckon it'll come in quite a bit less than 100 Hands.
 
Screenshot (437).webp


"Jean-Manuel and his team have their tailoring made by the Orazio Luciano workshop in Naples - but to Jean-Manuel’s own style and pattern.

So while the make and quality is the same as Orazio, the style is for a slightly more classic, longer and more comfortable jacket, compared to the close-fitting Orazio jacket I have"
 
View attachment 40179

"Jean-Manuel and his team have their tailoring made by the Orazio Luciano workshop in Naples - but to Jean-Manuel’s own style and pattern.

So while the make and quality is the same as Orazio, the style is for a slightly more classic, longer and more comfortable jacket, compared to the close-fitting Orazio jacket I have"
this looks so odd to me. i think those are olive pants so that's a weird combo with the light blue. and his seemingly starched collar just gives off a very weird vibe. plus, who wears pocket parrots with olive pants and a cream jacket? just strange.
 
Hmm, surprisingly I like everything but the square there (horrid). I don't think the collar is starched, just the crispness of freshly laundered linen.
 
this looks so odd to me. i think those are olive pants so that's a weird combo with the light blue. and his seemingly starched collar just gives off a very weird vibe. plus, who wears pocket parrots with olive pants and a cream jacket? just strange.
Thats looks like a Carpi collar? Pencil man is always off to a bad start with soft tailoring for me.

Be interesting to read his Orazio Luciano coat review, seeing as it was a freebie no doubt. Not quite slagging it off but sounds like he's not over keen on their house style- if he had any sense he'd have had his coat made longer by them and a more "comfortable" fit-if anyone wants to trawl his blog and post a link...
 
This outfit would look much better with medium-grey trousers and a less saturated tissue. Like this:
View attachment 40182
I strongly disagree on this. I know med-grey trousers is the answer to everything in CM but nope. It just looks like he was trying a different jacket.

It is a warm weather outfit, odd autumnal drab grey trousers is not it. I agree re saturation though.

The square is just garbage. Combination is best without a square but if he must don a square there then I suppose white/cream linen base works.
 
I strongly disagree on this. I know med-grey trousers is the answer to everything in CM but nope. It just looks like he was trying a different jacket.

It is a warm weather outfit, odd autumnal drab grey trousers is not it. I agree re saturation though.

The square is just garbage. Combination is best without a square but if he must don a square there then I suppose white/cream linen base works.
You’re right. I originally planned to give him brown (and more lightly coloured) trousers, but my photoediting mojo wasn’t potent enough and I compromised.

There really is no need for a square with a loud shirt like that, but white linen would be perfect as you say.
 
Hmm, surprisingly I like everything but the square there (horrid). I don't think the collar is starched, just the crispness of freshly laundered linen.
Agreed. The square can be a nice touch, but can spoil a look as well: better none than a bad one.
 
This outfit would look much better with medium-grey trousers and a less saturated tissue. Like this:
View attachment 40182
I strongly disagree on this. I know med-grey trousers is the answer to everything in CM but nope. It just looks like he was trying a different jacket.

It is a warm weather outfit, odd autumnal drab grey trousers is not it. I agree re saturation though.

The square is just garbage. Combination is best without a square but if he must don a square there then I suppose white/cream linen base works.

Honestly I like both colour and also a dark brown would look great in my opinion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom