Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Yes, it's a nice style in its minimalism and essentiality, seldom seen, apart from formal clothing. I wouldn't say however that I like it more over other styles.

For an odd jacket, it harkens back to the rakish Sinatra of the 50s and early 60s. A little more casual and a lot more attitude.

I'm not sure they are underrated. Not over rated either for what it's worth but generally a normal part of menswear. I have a few.

All my jackets are cut single button. If you wear a 2 button jacket you only fasten the top button anyway. Get ridda da fuqqa.
The bottom button is just there to frustrate your ocd that wants it to sit at belt level on every pair of trousers, which is near-impossible.

The bottom button is just there to frustrate your ocd that wants it to sit at belt level on every pair of trousers, which is near-impossible.
Well, I think it depends on how the fronts are cut. On my 2 buttons in the past, you couldn't fasten the {lower] button without upsetting the balance of the jacket.

The 1 button closure is a constituent part of the Huntsman House Cut. There was a bit of a myth that started I think on London Lounge that 1 button was more difficult to cut, which is, of course, bullshit for the reasons stated above.

edit: to clarify which button couldn't be fastened.

Last edited:
Screenshot (655).png
Screenshot (654).png

Lapel too narrow and trousers a tad too short, but very nice look with a great colour combination.

Awesome latch action which just seems to rock with the pocket design. Great colourway. I dont know why he hasn't button downed the shirt collar up though, its a Viola M job and they have a great roll.

cdd5d561-1865-00a3-b677-3b9a64033bcc.jpeg

Yeah, button the collars and that is tops. The tissue border is a little thicc, but not a deal breaker.

Grey, light blue and (muted) orange looking great together:

View attachment 41007

Beautiful lapel, by the way.
Its wank when a tie is buried by a shirt collar like that. Proportion between tie knot and lapel is woeful. I can live with the bottom sleeve button being undone but if your doing that and then wearing cufflinks...

Not sure I'd wear I'd wear yellow in the PS with a burnt orange tie either. Kudos for dying his chin the same colour as the suit though.

Last edited:
Its wank when a tie is buried by a shirt collar like that. Proportion between tie knot and label is woeful. I can live with the bottom sleeve button being undone but if your doing that and then wearing cufflinks...

Not sure I'd wear I'd wear yellow in the PS with a burnt orange tie either. Kudos for dying his chin the same colour as the suit though.
Agree. That PS doesn’t do it for me.

I don't hate them, I just prefer higher ones. That's slightly different. The world is not in black and white, you know.

I don't hate them, I just prefer higher ones. That's slightly different. The world is not in black and white, you know.
You deffo did not like them then though. You did a whole report on it. Now it's part of a superb suit. Can't be both now can it?

Preferring something to something other doesn't mean you don't like that something. I certainly like Sexton's slim silhouette with strong, roped shoulders and rather wide trousers, but I prefer a less acute angle between collar and lapel. Moreover I prefer a higher, more bellied lapel. And I actually like Sexton's pocket flaps. I dislike their shirts instead, with tab collar.
As regards to the shoulder I prefer a more natural one generally, but I would't disdain to wear a strong one now and then.

So its not an idea gorge height or angle and you prefer a more "bellied" lapel. But the (non burnt) light orange suit is superb. Got ya.

I don’t like the sweater tucked in and it looks like he is wearing a cod piece. Jacket and boots like nice, though neither go particularly well with those trousers.

Far from the best outfit I've seen them put together for a shoot. Green pants, solid white shirt for me. Burgundy or black shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom