Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

once you stopped doing drugs and having gay sex in the dungeon things really went downhill.

1661268170568.png

How local folks dressed when they spent the day at the zoo in the late 1800's.
image_2022-08-24_142811449.png

Even everyday work attire on public transport some men still wore top hats.

image_2022-08-24_142452497.png

from this youtube video:

24 RARE HISTORICAL PICTURES OF MELBOURNE IN THE 1800s

Top agreeable dungeon techno

I've never been into these types of things, but I had a listen to some of this yesterday and l did find it surprisingly agreeable. My type of music is very straight laced these days, so for me to approve of this modern music is a big compliment.

I've never been into these types of things, but I had a listen to some of this yesterday and l did find it surprisingly agreeable. My type of music is very straight laced these days, so for me to approve of this modern music is a big compliment.

Now Ruskin, one of the best since the great 90s´s

now:

Honestly not one of his best outfits, but he is such a likeable chap who successfully straddles so many different worlds:

I give Jake a lot of shit for the crazy hats, the key chains and other silliness … but this is a solid casual outfit that suits him. It’s rare to see anyone under 40 tuck their tshirt in!

I’m having deja vu of another pic posted on here where the general consensus - with which I agreed - was that the silhouette looks off due to a too small / short jacket and too baggy pants. Not sure if this is the same dude or if you just like that style but it doesn’t work for me.

I’m having deja vu of another pic posted on here where the general consensus - with which I agreed - was that the silhouette looks off due to a too small / short jacket and too baggy pants. Not sure if this is the same dude or if you just like that style but it doesn’t work for me.
Guilty! Different dude, but same classic 1930s profile. Obviously not for every physique but I like the higher waist on pants and jacket along with full-cut trousers. I think I’d feel the same way regardless, but after the baggy tops of the 90s and slim/tapered low waisted jeans of the 00s, I find it a refreshingly masculine silhouette.

Really short jacket, really short cuffed pants = meh. The tucked in tshirt is a good look for him.

For shoes I would definitely agree, but for a boot (and particularly an engineer) that’s right in the sweet spot where the lower buckle is just visible.

Honestly not one of his best outfits, but he is such a likeable chap who successfully straddles so many different worlds:

Obviously not bad compared to many of the profantions that assail us on the daily, but I don't think it qualifies as agreeable. The whole thing just seems a little off to me. A few things that jump out:

Red socks to match the red lining of his jacket (visible in other pictures)
Patch pockets - even if you like them, they look strange on that suit, and the hip pockets are far too big.
Jacket is rather too long - preferable to the sprayed-on-above-the-arse style of jacket that you see everywhere, but he's gone a bit far in the other direction
Shoes seem rather clunky - I don't really like Derbys in any case, but regardless I think this calls for Oxfords
Flat fronted trousers don't really go, and the turn ups are too big
Something in the lapel slot that isn't a buttonhole.
White buttons
The jacket seems unbalanced somehow - gorge is a little high, jacket a little long, one button. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I think a three button would suit him better.

I don't think it belongs in Disagreeable with all the degenerates, but I don't think it's great either.

For shoes I would definitely agree, but for a boot (and particularly an engineer) that’s right in the sweet spot where the lower buckle is just visible.
Not really keen on the boots, they seem a little excessive, but overall it looks like a good outfit that suits him. There's a pleasing, slightly old fashioned feel to it, without appearing anachronistic.

Obviously not bad compared to many of the profantions that assail us on the daily, but I don't think it qualifies as agreeable. The whole thing just seems a little off to me. A few things that jump out:

Red socks to match the red lining of his jacket (visible in other pictures)
Patch pockets - even if you like them, they look strange on that suit, and the hip pockets are far too big.
Jacket is rather too long - preferable to the sprayed-on-above-the-arse style of jacket that you see everywhere, but he's gone a bit far in the other direction
Shoes seem rather clunky - I don't really like Derbys in any case, but regardless I think this calls for Oxfords
Flat fronted trousers don't really go, and the turn ups are too big
Something in the lapel slot that isn't a buttonhole.
White buttons
The jacket seems unbalanced somehow - gorge is a little high, jacket a little long, one button. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I think a three button would suit him better.

I don't think it belongs in Disagreeable with all the degenerates, but I don't think it's great either.

Fair points. I like the guy and he consistently lands on the positive, even if no single outfit is a real stand-out for this thread.

also....for that type of more fitted suit he'd do well to get nicer shoes. Get rid of the big clunkers and get some smart brown shoes. Big clunkers do have their place, but not with that type of suit.

It’s all very retro, but manages to fall just this side of the line of cosplay. Check out the full feed:

Looked at the feed, this bloke is a bit of an exception so it is not cosplay. He wears these types of clothes everyday and is comfortable in them. He also enjoys different looks on occasions that push the limits for some fun. He also knows when to tame down his clothes and wear a t-shirt. Eventhough it seems a bit odd a young bloke dressing like that, remember we are just looking at a photo; l think he could make it work in real life.

Looked at the feed, this bloke is a bit of an exception so it is not cosplay. He wears these types of clothes everyday and is comfortable in them. He also enjoys different looks on occasions that push the limits for some fun. He also knows when to tame down his clothes and wear a t-shirt. Eventhough it seems a bit odd a young bloke dressing like that, remember we are just looking at a photo; l think he could make it work in real life.
What is the fundamental difference between this guy and someone like Tibor?

Curious for your take on it as well Dropbear Dropbear

It’s all very retro, but manages to fall just this side of the line of cosplay. Check out the full feed:

The suit itself is quite nice, the fact that he's donned a stupid period hat and had the photo took outside a house with a same period fonted number on it makes it pure cosplay. If he dumped the hat, swapped the shirt for a spread collar and wore a decent tie he wouldn't look such a prick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom