All About Watches

As you wish, young master. Two versions. Black face with white subdials (the one I had):

IMG_3097.jpg

And the more rare white face with black subdials:

IMG_9189.jpg

I'm not a big fan of black dial, other than Panerai's, but they look nice!

some people complain about the "cutted" numerals. Imo, in the big picture it's a beauty.

This.

I don't know what you mean by "cutted". Even still, they can go fuck themselves. That's an amazing watch.

That the 12 and the 6 are showed in half. Some people say that the manufacturer should remove those numerals, because it looks like a mass production watch.

That the 12 and the 6 are showed in half. Some people say that the manufacturer should remove those numerals, because it looks like a mass production watch.
I say they should omit them for appearance and so it looks like they thought it all the way through. I didn't notice at first, but that is a spectacularly poor compromise to space constraints.
"It don't fit!"
"Well cut off the part that don't fit!"

Also, why is the seconds dial apparently upside down on the white faced one?

chronographs? i like a left-handed crown worn on the left hand. will not post any Panerai Destros.

670973d1333560265-left-handed-watches-name-shame-them-only-watch-2011-zenith.jpg

i like a left-handed crown worn on the left hand.
I honestly have never seen such a thing and was happy to find the crown offset an an angle, like Bertucci (who apparently got into the Horween strap game) does. Back when I was in a group that forced a lot of impromptu push-ups, there was a little callous on the back of my hand from that.
Supposedly one should not adjust or wind a watch while on the arm, as it puts a big side load on the little piece, so why not tuck it out of the way?

I honestly have never seen such a thing and was happy to find the crown offset an an angle, like Bertucci (who apparently got into the Horween strap game) does. Back when I was in a group that forced a lot of impromptu push-ups, there was a little callous on the back of my hand from that.
Supposedly one should not adjust or wind a watch while on the arm, as it puts a big side load on the little piece, so why not tuck it out of the way?

The 3 o'clock crown position is now done out of tradition rather than necessity as it one was. I like the idea of a crown at 9, 6, 12 or 5 o'clock positions (pretty much anywhere but 3) for protection of the stem and comfort as you have said. But I only wear dive watches so it is not everyone's cup of tea. A few examples.

9 o'clock (my Sinn EZM1)

image.jpg

5 o'clock

image.jpg

6 o'clock ZRC, Crepas & Anonimo (sorry for the tangential douche factor as it is made by ex-Panerai people)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

12 o'clock Triton

image.jpg

Those Zenith are gorgeous. The one on the left is awesome!

Really? :sadwhy:

I really want a Panerai, the Luminor or Radiomir but without any other complication.

Panerai has a very polarizing effect along the same lines as backlash against iGent and what they crave. The iHorologists and their fervour for Panerai puts a lot of others off.

all yours? amazing collection. congrats

No, I wish. I am not a collector. Except for the Sinn and an Omega Planet Ocean, I don't need any more watches. That said, I'd be happy with the others I posted.

One is great & two is better maybe?

What is on your list so far?

tbh, I was thinking about a reduced, probably in one of the fancy colours. actually, this is wasting money... ...you get the idea.

looking for a diver from the usual suspects - citizen, seiko, invicta. something for the shore. screening a few online deals atm. just need to pull the trigger.

parallell saving for one of my personal a-list watches. focus is on a "crown". decisions.

image-jpg.2022

:cerealguy:Vintage?!
These 12 and 6 o'clock stems seem weird, but this is how a designer works around the usual numbers not really fitting on the dial.

What do you guys think about Glycine watches? I saw two today that I fell in love with. Especially the first one.

e15b9929-652b-4b24-9c04-81a89d2a6016.jpg

121d5057-4c67-4ddf-bc6c-c23bfb0c02b8.jpg

And what I wore today.

LL

Glycine is a solid watch that is kind of off the radar for most people.

Nice Hamilton

Thanks, mate! That Combat Sub caught my attention immediately. I think it would be a perfect daily watch for when I don't wear an SC/trouser combo.

What do you guys think about Glycine watches? I saw two today that I fell in love with. Especially the first one.

e15b9929-652b-4b24-9c04-81a89d2a6016.jpg

121d5057-4c67-4ddf-bc6c-c23bfb0c02b8.jpg

And what I wore today.

LL
Meh. To be honest, if you want a diver, just go with a Seiko or Citizen. Plus, you'd actually be able to try one one locally.

i think he can get that locally. same distributer that does Hamilton does Glycine too.

i think he can get that locally. same distributer that does Hamilton does Glycine too.
Maybe, but I've never actually seen a Glycine here in a store, so I suspect finding one in Mexico might be a daunting proposition.

Official retailers in Mexico
Cronometría
Tiempo y Joyas
Centro Coyoacán
Mexico D.F
Tel:5605 8118
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

line515.gif

Cronometría
Tiempo y Joyas
Centro Santa Fe
Mexico D.F
Tel:5258 0756
Fax:5258 0757
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

line515.gif

Cronometría
Tiempo y Joyas
Pabellón Altavista
Mexico D.F
Tel:5616 5764
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

line515.gif

Meh. To be honest, if you want a diver, just go with a Seiko or Citizen. Plus, you'd actually be able to try one one locally.

This. It's not that I just want a divers watch but what truth says is what I like, the brown bezel looks very nice. And the strap has a vintage look. Looks cool.

Official retailers in Mexico
Cronometría
Tiempo y Joyas
Centro Coyoacán
Mexico D.F
Tel:5605 8118
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

line515.gif

Cronometría
Tiempo y Joyas
Centro Santa Fe
Mexico D.F
Tel:5258 0756
Fax:5258 0757
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

line515.gif

Cronometría
Tiempo y Joyas
Pabellón Altavista
Mexico D.F
Tel:5616 5764
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

line515.gif

In fact there is an "event" where they are offering 30% off from these watches and they do have the one with the brown bezel. It comes out at $12,000 something pesos. My mom is telling me to control myself cause I just bought like a week ago the Hamilton, at a very nice discount too 43% off but maybe it's time to get loco. :problemo:

In fact there is an "event" where they are offering 30% off from these watches and they do have the one with the brown bezel. It comes out at $12,000 something pesos. My mom is telling me to control myself cause I just bought like a week ago the Hamilton, at a very nice discount too 43% off but maybe it's time to get loco. :problemo:

$12000 pesos is like $925 USD. You can find this watch online for less than that. $860ish seems to be a common price. There was one on Chrono24 for $710 but it is in Italy, and it is probably Gianni selling it.

But with shipping and if you have to pay VAT, customs etc. it might be better to buy locally

probably yes, this one is 600ish, while the rices are a fraction. they do not come with a brown bezel though.

$12000 pesos is like $925 USD. You can find this watch online for less than that. $860ish seems to be a common price. There was one on Chrono24 for $710 but it is in Italy, and it is probably Gianni selling it.

But with shipping and if you have to pay VAT, customs etc. it might be better to buy locally

Yup, I was watching that a few hours ago. Lulz at the Gianni comment. HAHAHA!

What I fear, and that's why I haven't bought watches online and shipped them to Mexico, is a heavy import duty. I have no idea where to inform myself the import costs but since I read that in shoes the impot duties could be up to 300% of the invoice value, I live in fear. :laugh1:

I think the brown bezel one is in the current line and a bit harder to find at discount, but either way, sub $1000 it seems like a great bit of fun. To be honest, I think I'd go Stowa at that price, but it's tempting. I guess their "Airman" models are the classics, but that brown thing is certainly appealing aesthetically.

I have never seen Stowa around here. Damn, mimo, you made me enter to the site and just saw this chrono... it's sexy! If I wanted the Longines Chrono... now I want first the Stowa.

1951_P_1399708307234.jpg

Marine_Chrono_10.jpg

Damn that Stowa is sexy. But I would use that one as a dress watch. :cuterage:

probably yes, this one is 600ish, while the rices are a fraction. they do not come with a brown bezel though.

I respectfully disagree. While Seiko et al make affordable, functional divers, that is like saying get one of their chronographs too instead of a Daytona or a Speedmaster. I'm biased as I wear divers with everything including suits and Seiko and the like lack any kind of style. If you invest in a watch, do just that. Albert Falco never wore a Seiko when Cousteau sent him into the perilous depths while he stood on the deck of Calypso chuckling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom