All About Watches

i am! love stowa's. shame its none of the really popular model. i guess their profits are taking a beating with the weak euro.
I think they lost a fair share of profit to ETA over the last years already. I bought a top-of-the-line Marine as a gift just a couple of years ago, before the ETA issues, and it was <800€. Which I thought was already a bit rich for what you get. Also, their customer service sucks (watch band disintegrated after a few weeks and they didn’t replace it).

I think they lost a fair share of profit to ETA over the last years already. I bought a top-of-the-line Marine as a gift just a couple of years ago, before the ETA issues, and it was <800€. Which I thought was already a bit rich for what you get. Also, their customer service sucks (watch band disintegrated after a few weeks and they didn’t replace it).
i bought a marine original roman must have been 20 years ago when they first released and the price was about half what it is today.

They've all gone up crazily since the early 2000's look at Sinn and Omega as two examples. Even the most cost effective Steinhart Marine is over €600 now. Then there's CWC...nearly GBP 500 for a G10/1970's style.
i bought a marine original roman must have been 20 years ago when they first released and the price was about half what it is today.
Always liked the Stowa Marine's, but never got around to buying one. They still look big bang for your buck to me.

Dancing with three boys eh
They framed that pretty well to lead to that assumption. But that area on the canal is not really what I consider over burdened by dancing boys and Nigerian transvestites looking for their Johns. Unlike the outskirts of Rome.

6c6ba0a4699bf71c38b71c62e2e968e4

I don't know, all I know, I wasn't going to buy it!

Pretty recently I think though.
three to five years is pretty recent, I get that. ps: probaly, it is a re-release, I'm not aware of. the pattern is the same of the old stuff, ok`?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't sure on the non-Ltd Edition King Seiko's, but with the bracelet and size a spot on dress watch, despite the movement:

just to put some pmw flavour to the high brow taste and knowledge into here ...

I got this watch, from a kickstarter campaign for a whopping 500 euro, I can't complain, the inhouse movement is up to cosc standards.

but hey, why should I take notice of "your" high brow attitude, when you use low brow topy on your shoes? this is one of the most ridiculous things in my life. copy that and get along, many thanks.

Attachments

• Yema-Wristmaster-Traveller.jpg
    Yema-Wristmaster-Traveller.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 36
just to put some pmw flavour to the high brow taste and knowledge into here ...

I got this watch, from a kickstarter campaign for a whopping 500 euro, I can't complain, the inhouse movement is up to cosc standards.

but hey, why should I take notice of "your" high brow attitude, when you use low brow topy on your shoes? this is one of the most ridiculous things in my life. copy that and get along, many thanks.
They were owned for a period by Seiko as well. I like their distinctive designs and in general get good reviews:

They were owned for a period by Seiko as well. I like their distinctive designs and in general get good reviews:

plus, you can always get a good deal on them. accuracy for their inhouse calibre is +/- two seconds per day. to me this is pretty good.

What about these beauts as an alternative, again much more cost effective...

SPB240J1.png

SPB315J1.png

Top one is quite equivalent, well I'm pushing with a few critical exceptions, particularly under the bonnet.

Meanwhile, what about this new Arnie...

SNJ033P1.png

As much as you may want it, they fall into the high-range, but mid quality. A canny buy. And I know Hong Kong diplomats who sport bottom one of the first two, before other ranges. It says you cannot be bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom