Awful Outfits You See IRL

I too often see men with big bellies in baggy polyester golf pants or jeans pooling around their ankles, trainers or square-toed loafers, and short sleeve polos with the collars open so you can see a white crew neck undershirt, which is just a massive triangle of white fabric. Utterly hideous. There's gotta be a name for this look, given its ubiquity....

C3D94E49-1550-421C-8D36-FCB80E9130F9.jpeg

The scroll banner conveniently hides his bright orange pocket square, while the cameraman does everything in his power not to show his Koolaid shoes. But alas, it was all for naught.

So I was in a target rich environment, but this dude was the easiest picture. Dress shirt with skin tight Nantucket reds and Gucci bit loafers.

20210903_193719.jpg

Full on white sneakers today, everywhere: the lift, the underground car park, the entrance to the office, the coffee shop, but not down at the organic supermarket.

What is it with grown men wanting to come across as mere man-child-boys?

Is it a double, double bluff signifying you're not working for the man, but the man?

Full on white sneakers today, everywhere: the lift, the underground car park, the entrance to the office, the coffee shop, but not down at the organic supermarket.

Is it a double, double bluff signifying you're not working for the man, but the man?
No it’s a secret club. Most of the time it’s about comfort. A lot of dress shoes at the retail level are NOT comfortable in any way. So people have eschewed the standards of yore in an effort to be comfortable.

No it’s a secret club. Most of the time it’s about comfort. A lot of dress shoes at the retail level are NOT comfortable in any way. So people have eschewed the standards of yore in an effort to be comfortable.
Have you seen the price of some of those sneakers now? They're equal to an entry level of well made dress shoes, with added stink after a couple of wears.

The standard corporate uniform has replaced black dress shoes with white sneakers. That's it.

Have you seen the price of some of those sneakers now? They're equal to an entry level of well made dress shoes, with added stink after a couple of wears.
I went in a Flannels last time I was in Blighty and the price of sneakers was madness, some of the brands were £700. Great big ugly things as well. £300 for a pair of ripped up jeans and that again for a Kenzo sweatshirt. Burberry bucket hat and t-shirt and a CP Company parka and Boom, well over two grand to look shit. Its all proper minging stuff (apart from Stone Island tech fabric coats), not even the Gucci section sells the nice knitwear they do, just the crap like jogging suits and such. You sure can bung a lot of dough on industrial made stuff with a logo on it.

Hello Sailor...
2.jpg
4.jpg

I went in a Flannels last time I was in Blighty and the price of sneakers was madness, some of the brands were £700. Great big ugly things as well. £300 for a pair of ripped up jeans and that again for a Kenzo sweatshirt. Burberry bucket hat and t-shirt and a CP Company parka and Boom, well over two grand to look shit. Its all proper minging stuff (apart from Stone Island tech fabric coats), not even the Gucci section sells the nice knitwear they do, just the crap like jogging suits and such. You sure can bung a lot of dough on industrial made stuff with a logo on.

Think the white sneakers/trainers malarkey might hit critical mass, a bit like lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.com.
I wear my only pair of sneakers when I’m playing badminton or taking a long morning walk in the park. I got mine from Uniqlo for 25€, and they perform nicely for that. They happen to be white, because for some reason I have always associated darkly coloured sneakers with teenagers even more so than white ones.

Other than for sports & exercise, no grown man should ever be caught wearing sneakers publicly.

He looks like a total twat - terrible posture, feminine eye glass frames, ungodly amount of hair gel, all shirt buttons done, and that awful womenswear jacket that is both too tight and too short for him.

Even so, almost all of that bling could work separately if the wearer appeared nonchalant and at ease, instead of looking like a constipated android with a stiff neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom