Awful Outfits You See IRL

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
image.jpg
Inspired by this guy - full suit and bow tie, wearing grey crocs

My dad has to wear orthopedic dress shoes when he wears suits (rarely, even at conferences...pretty much only when government people are involved).

Side note: I will have much to contribute to this thread. The only problem is that my iphone makes a shutter noise (cannot be deactivated. this is true for all cell phones in Korea by law) when I take a picture.

In the meantime: sewn in pocketsquares. I see these all the fucking time. Blazers and skinny jeans. Also seen all the fucking time.

I struggle to understand whom thinks that a t-shirt like this (or really almost any graphic tee) is worth paying a buck for, much less real money.

Unless they're ironically cool (80's cartoon maybe?) have a story behind them (concert shirt, etc) or are funny (No Fat Chicks Allowed) then no graphics should be worn. And even then, they should not be worn out to dinner or societal events. If you're at the supermarket then ok, we'll spare you a beating. Sporting events are the obvious exception here.

Unless they ... have a story behind them ... then no graphics should be worn.
I'm of the 't-shirts are underwear' school, so I was thinking of all the event/organization tees that have been thrust on me. Rarely worn and only for slumming.

I'm of the 't-shirts are underwear' school, so I was thinking of all the event/organization tees that have been thrust on me. Rarely worn and only for slumming.
Look, if you were at some amazing concert and you want to rock that band's shirt, or you're doing the hipster thing of wearing vintage band shirts, and you're out at a bar, then just run with it. A dive-y bar, mind you. Not a fancy joint.

No such thing as ironically cool. If you are wearing a funny shirt, it's probably the funniest thing about you. If you are over 30, your tshirts should be solid or near solid. If there is a story, then you are wearing the story, not the shirt, and exceptions can be made.

Not cool. Not ironically cool. I don't know who is more uncool, the person who wears that sincerely or the person who wears that ironically.

This guy gave a pretty good review though:

This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

Got another one last night
image.jpg

You can't see it with the arm raised, but he had the collar buttoned all the way up.

When did black tights suddenly become the pant of choice for all women everywhere? No matter your weight, no matter your shape - stretchy pants everywhere.

And all of them funneling into lace-up or knee-high boots.

Sheeple.

40 degrees outside, this guy is wearing a creme cotton suit with some square toed kenneth coles

1-24.jpg

Got another one last night
View attachment 1567

You can't see it with the arm raised, but he had the collar buttoned all the way up.
I hate to bring this one up over Mr. Chase's more recent addition, but I feel that Mr. Monochrome in the scoop neck tee, ridiculously tapered jeans, and wee little canvas sneakers needs a mention. I realize that you share my facial profile and hairline, but I can see the outline of both front pockets quite clearly, and did you tuck in your shoe laces?

Also, in Mr. Chase's example, I must lambaste the women in the skirt-over-tights or whatever. Are we still doing this Cyndi Lauper shit? Are those leg warmers...and cream booties?

Skirt over tights is only good if the girl has long beautifully shaped legs. The shirt has to be short too.

Leg warmers over booties looks ridiculous.

Skirt over tights is pretty par for the course over here. I see nothing wrong with it. Leg warmers on the other hand...bad news.

Now I remember the guy that I saw a few weeks back that I wanted to capture for this thread.
He first caught my eye because he had a "fun shirt" where all the panels were a different color, all pastel stuff that was totally wrong for November. He had paired this with some bricky-shade chinos that were too orange-tinged to even be the Nantucket or Breton type preppy GTH gimmick. But wait, there's more. Red plaid low-cut Converse All-Stars and red/black friggin buffalo plaid socks. There was confusion over whether he was Hispanic or Indian, but that's rather beside the point. Keep in mind that this was a cold, rainy autumn day.

I wasn't able to take a photo, but as I was hurrying to the bus stop after work yesterday evening, I walked past a young man wearing an RAF blue suit with a pinstripe and a homburg hat with an upturned brim, carrying a wooden cane.

If the whole thing had been done well, really well, he could have looked good, albeit rather costume-ish (as how could anyone carrying a cane nowadays not look as though they're in costume?).

However, the suit was ill-fitting, the hat looked awkward and the cane made him look like a clown.

I also saw a man - probably leaving a psych appointment - wearing women's fashion boots. Could not get a pic. But brown leather with pointy toe and a 1 to 2 inch spiked heel

Kinda like this:
image.jpg

At least you wont look like a midget when wearing those.

I also saw a man - probably leaving a psych appointment - wearing women's fashion boots. Could not get a pic. But brown leather with pointy toe and a 1 to 2 inch spiked heel

It wasn't Buzz Bissinger (author of "Friday Night Lights" and reformed fashion addict), was it?

Buzz Bissinger.jpg

After reading about Bissinger's fashion addiction a couple of years back, when he penned an article describing his descent into manic depression and how he pissed away hundreds of thousands on dollars on brand-name fashion, I then read late last year that Bissinger has engaged SF member Spoopoker to sell off all of his fashion items via Spoo's LuxeSwap business.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...hing-bought-crippling-shopping-addiction.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom