Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

ConchitaWurst

Bespoke-Weather Forecaster
Ratings
Same shit more or less. Hildshit and key, Turnbull and assman, Pink, Budd ( very Badd)

And, hold on, The arstrocrat designed a jacket for Bentley?

Also wrote an artiCULO of the 5 best shitmakers in the world, absolute nonsense and wrote because he listened some things about on the internet.

He said the best is Charvet, jajajaja just watching the poor unshirt of craptom and all machinesewn makes me laugh, also says, 400 fabrics available. Our friend sarto offered 5000!

He says this SHITS are all made by hand!!! OMG this ignorant, also says a good shirt lacks of interlining!!! JAJAJAJAJAJAJAA I have never seen a shirt that lacks of collar interlining, that simply does not exist, unless is a shirt for a newborn baby!!! Even the softest collars got interlining!

Kabbaz is considered the best hand in the world? A machinemade shirt ?

Anna Mattuozzo, ok, the only handmade real shirt of this article, does she has two or three daughters btw? Any can confirm it?

osé María López Galiacho
Actualizado: 27/07/2017 08:37 horas
Compartir

Una camisa a medida es mucho más que una rápida toma de medidas, la elección de un tejido, de un cuello, de unos puños y unas iniciales. Es, por el contrario, un número de puntadas por centímetro, unos ojales artesanales, costuras dobles, cuellos sin entretela, un canesú y la coincidencia de sus dibujos en las diferentes costuras. Y todo hecho a mano.

And names Lorenzini, a run on the mill shirt instead Kiton or Borrelli, as I said, a true ignorant. This tacky once said Sarto had no puta idea, who has no fucking idea you fucking tacky shameless nouveau rich shill?

http://www.expansion.com/fueradeserie/moda-y-caprichos/2017/07/26/59770a4122601d79098b45a5.html
three dogethers. but I only fancy one. the fattest of the three. CesareRomiti CesareRomiti was olso mega impressed by her and tried to touch het tits

Last edited:

Lumpen

Ratings
What can I do. I do have half a dozen Kitons, some Barba, ten Piccolos and one or two Borrellis. As much as I love to touch them with my bare skin I don't like to show 5 cms cuff because I'm fucking short even for the 15/38 size. The Kitons have such a long tail I think they reach my knees. But what collars they have. I put them on only to appear in photos.

The Merdollas are the only neapolitan shits that show the right amount of cuff with my Oreo jacket. It's such a hex.
You have learnt the lesson young Cenobite: wear $$ garments just to appear in photos while work full day at home on Adidas one or even fool you work.

You learnt well, everything must be just an illusion.

Now you are invited to join into the next level.

Just rotate the box.

Be Rotary my friend.

Noow, the lodge is open

Welcome to HEEELL

ON EARTH

Van_Lau_-_Statue_of_hands_on_Nathan_Road_plaque.JPG
Unknown.jpeg

Attachments

Capstone

Ratings
This guy, Wil Whiting, seems to work at home in London and his shits look good. He posts mainly technical aspects of shitmaking, an approach I've also seen in Hitchcock and also in C&M/Joe Morgan instagrams.

The man has also a very agreeable beard. No homo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bav0vtlB6wd/?taken-by=wilwhiting

View attachment 26454

But what do I know, I'm almost happy with my last couple of Merdollas.
Pricing: From £315 (machine finish, apart from sleeves) / £365 (partly hand finished) / £550 (complete handjob)
Minimum order: Four shirts

Lumpen

Ratings
Pricing: From £315 (machine finish, apart from sleeves) / £365 (partly hand finished) / £550 (complete handjob)
Minimum order: Four shirts
&550 complete handjob?

With one or both hands?

&750 blowjob?

Is other of those English pirates who just sends the measures to a run on the mill Italian factory who does for him at maybe 35 euros plus fabric and even sew the tag “ handmade in Britain” ?

capitan-pirata-ingles.jpg

rdiaz

Ratings
Oxford is a thick fabric, it ( as all) need interlining, specially if is English, as they like it very stiff...

Even poppy sporty shirts that feel as non interlining got a fused one that after the first wash they feel as lacking of it. You can do a pinch test, if one of the two sides of the collar feels thicker than the other, is the obvious way to know, but some interlinings are very light.

You open it, we came, your suffering be legendary even on Hell, buy Tanga because I AAAAAM PAAAAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0utsyWNoupM
Mercer shirts are american. The absolute opposite to stiff. I did the pinch test and both sides feel the same, so if there's interlining it's verri verri light. I like it that way for button downs.

spencer096

Big Johnny Sobb
Ratings
GQ special correspondent and staunch Trump critic Keith Olbermannannounced Monday that he is "retiring from political commentary in all media venues" during his online program "The Resistance."

The former ESPN, MSNBC, Current TV and Fox Sports host said he was "confident" President Trump's presidency would end soon, thereby making it the "correct moment" to exit from making further political commentary.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Same shit more or less. Hildshit and key, Turnbull and assman, Pink, Budd ( very Badd)
Pretty much Jermyn Street is tacky 4 work shirts for a hundred quid offers appealing to cheapskate city boys on the way up and down, spivs and other disaffected sorts. There's three stores worth a visit: T&A, Foster & Son and Benson & Clegg in the arcades.

Mercer shirts are american. The absolute opposite to stiff. I did the pinch test and both sides feel the same, so if there's interlining it's verri verri light. I like it that way for button downs.
I've several Mercer shirts and whilst they're decent enough OCBD and broadcloths the issue I have with them, is that wearing the button downs sans tie and open neck is that the collars tend to to billow to the left and right. So I find them good with a tie, but without somewhat disappointing.

rdiaz

Ratings
Pretty much Jermyn Street is tacky 4 work shirts for a hundred quid offers appealing to cheapskate city boys on the way up and down, spivs and other disaffected sorts. There's three stores worth a visit: T&A, Foster & Son and Benson & Clegg in the arcades.

I've several Mercer shirts and whilst they're decent enough OCBD and broadcloths the issue I have with them, is that wearing the button downs sans tie and open neck is that the collars tend to to billow to the left and right. So I find them good with a tie, but without somewhat disappointing.
I didn't have that problem with them, no idea why it happened on you. Bought them to wear with ties anyways, very nice roll.

Lumpen

Ratings
No interlining in Mercer, just like the recent iteration of Brooks Brothers American OCBD RTW.
I didn't have that problem with them, no idea why it happened on you. Bought them to wear with ties anyways, very nice roll.
I am pretty sure they have at least interlining on the collar, maybe a very light one on the lapels, but must have on the collar, otherwise would look weird and the collar won´t stand up around the backneck

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
I am pretty sure they have at least interlining on the collar, maybe a very light one on the lapels, but must have on the collar, otherwise would look weird and the collar won´t stand up around the backneck
No, Brooks Brothers removed the interlining in their OCBD shirts to return to the original design.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(RE)INTRODUCING THE ICONIC BROOKS BROTHERS
ORIGINAL POLO® BUTTON-DOWN OXFORD SHIRT

(New York, NY – January 12, 2016) – Brooks Brothers, America’s longest established retailer, announces an update of their iconic Original Polo® Button-Down Oxford shirt, which started a revolution in menswear upon its introduction 120 years ago.

The shirt style was first introduced in 1896 when the grandson of the Brooks Brothers founder, John E. Brooks, attended a polo match in England and noticed that the polo players’ collars were pinned down so as to prevent their flapping in the wind. John brought his discovery back to Brooks Brothers, and thus the Button-Down shirt was born, a Brooks classic which some have called “the most imitated item in fashion history.”

Keeping true to the quality and craftsmanship, as well as Brooks Brothers tradition of innovation, this classic shirt returns with some details from its ancestors and with additional refinements. Most notably, the trademarked collar was adjusted by removing the interlining for a softer, natural shape and a rolled collar effect returning to the original design of the shirt. Adjustments were also made to the placket and cuffs, which have been also been softened for added comfort. Further elevating the shirt is the reintroduction of the mother-of-pearl buttons accenting the cuff, collar and placket. Side gussets as well as a longer swoop of the shirttail were added to help prevent the shirt from becoming accidentally untucked. Most noticeably, the front shirt pocket, which has been a feature of the shirt since 1968, has been removed to more closely mirror the style of earlier versions.

The updated Original Polo® Button-Down Oxford shirt is made in the USA at the Brooks Brothers shirt factory in Garland, North Carolina from pure American Supima® cotton.

The Original Polo® Button-Down is now offered in three fits: Madison, Regent and Milano; and four colors in candy stripes and solids including white, pink, blue and purple.

Customers may purchase the Brooks Brothers Original Polo® Button-Down Oxford for $140 at Brooks Brothers retail stores worldwide, online at brooksbrothers.com or by calling 800.274.1815.

Lumpen

Ratings
578720_405729866115363_214186225269729_1296878_202261759_n.jpg
No, Brooks Brothers removed the interlining in their OCBD shirts to return to the original design.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(RE)INTRODUCING THE ICONIC BROOKS BROTHERS
ORIGINAL POLO® BUTTON-DOWN OXFORD SHIRT

(New York, NY – January 12, 2016) – Brooks Brothers, America’s longest established retailer, announces an update of their iconic Original Polo® Button-Down Oxford shirt, which started a revolution in menswear upon its introduction 120 years ago.

The shirt style was first introduced in 1896 when the grandson of the Brooks Brothers founder, John E. Brooks, attended a polo match in England and noticed that the polo players’ collars were pinned down so as to prevent their flapping in the wind. John brought his discovery back to Brooks Brothers, and thus the Button-Down shirt was born, a Brooks classic which some have called “the most imitated item in fashion history.”

Keeping true to the quality and craftsmanship, as well as Brooks Brothers tradition of innovation, this classic shirt returns with some details from its ancestors and with additional refinements. Most notably, the trademarked collar was adjusted by removing the interlining for a softer, natural shape and a rolled collar effect returning to the original design of the shirt. Adjustments were also made to the placket and cuffs, which have been also been softened for added comfort. Further elevating the shirt is the reintroduction of the mother-of-pearl buttons accenting the cuff, collar and placket. Side gussets as well as a longer swoop of the shirttail were added to help prevent the shirt from becoming accidentally untucked. Most noticeably, the front shirt pocket, which has been a feature of the shirt since 1968, has been removed to more closely mirror the style of earlier versions.

The updated Original Polo® Button-Down Oxford shirt is made in the USA at the Brooks Brothers shirt factory in Garland, North Carolina from pure American Supima® cotton.

The Original Polo® Button-Down is now offered in three fits: Madison, Regent and Milano; and four colors in candy stripes and solids including white, pink, blue and purple.

Customers may purchase the Brooks Brothers Original Polo® Button-Down Oxford for $140 at Brooks Brothers retail stores worldwide, online at brooksbrothers.com or by calling 800.274.1815.

But this collars would look odd if used for tie and jacket purposes nowadays, are ok only to wear casual.

I use those with minimal interlining to stay at home on the computer studying all day but would never wear to dress, bubbles and not linear sharp looking surfaces as on a proper fused collar. Would remember per example the day that with 15 years old any student tries his first ever tie with his casual shirts, a total disaster.

This is how would look, even this shirt has thin interlining, is not dsigned for this use, see the unproresult:
578720_405729866115363_214186225269729_1296878_202261759_n.jpg

Last edited:

Thruth

Ratings
View attachment 26485

But this collars would look odd if used for tie and jacket purposes nowadays, are ok only to wear casual.

I use those with minimal interlining to stay at home on the computer studying all day but would never wear to dress, bubbles and not linear sharp looking surfaces as on a proper fused collar. Would remember per example the day that with 15 years old any student tries his first ever tie with his casual shirts, a total disaster.

This is how would look, even this shirt has thin interlining, is not dsigned for this use, see the unproresult: View attachment 26485
Lumpen Lumpen you have to think like a tacky American not a tacky euro/murroqean

FriendCustomer

Awful Tie Aficionado
Ratings
View attachment 26485

This is how would look, even this shirt has thin interlining, is not dsigned for this use, see the unproresult: View attachment 26485

Lumpen Lumpen you have to think like a tacky American not a tacky euro/murroqean
an aryan no less you choose to degrade and demount.

Last edited:

Kingstonian

Ratings
Tyrwhitt play on a Jermyn Street address, but Harvie and Hudson and Hilditch are good for shirts; plus you also have Trickers, Edward Green, John Lobb, C&J, Church etc. for shoes and New and Lingwood as well.

Thruth

Ratings
Fair point there. I like the cut, not the wash. If I were to say what kind of jeans I like you would puke even harder though...
He cut is fine. Slim but not cigarette thin.

Please tell me you preferred denim as I have more blue puke gifs at the ready!

TheUntermensch

Ratings
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcK1Ln9DGfU/?taken-by=parisian_gentleman

Any idea how hugh jackoffstar gets the wimmins with the big ol teddies. How old is he, can he even get it up?
He's about sixty, but Sonya Glyn Nicholson isn't young either. And he's botoxed to the gills.

As to how het gets the wimmins, he started out in finance. Just like our Crompers. Art for art's sake my arse. Sartorialism requires the kind of money that can only be obtained by a job in finance, or a massive inheritance. A lot of bespoke tailors cannot afford their own suits.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Sartorialism requires the kind of money that can only be obtained by a job in finance, or a massive inheritance. A lot of bespoke tailors cannot afford their own suits.
Sartorialism as they perceive it, but you don't need to be wealthy to look good, although it can help. You can still look sharp and out class the chattering classes.

TheUntermensch

Ratings
Sartorialism as they perceive it, but you don't need to be wealthy to look good, although it can help. You can still look sharp and out class the chattering classes.
Let's talk specifics. The starting price for a bespoke two-piece in the UK, at the cheaper end, is about £2200. The median salary is about £1840 a month. So a suit costs more than one month's wages, pre-tax.

That's more than most people can afford, and certainly more than anyone can afford before they start working full-time and rise through the ranks. The Oxbridge types who sit for their exams wearing white tie (and later end up editing The Rake) either pay for it out of the family funds, or find a gay sugar daddy (they exist).

When the internet #influencers whine about how everyone is badly dressed, perhaps they should look at how cheap tailoring has been squeezed out of the market by a bunch of arriviste snobs.

Lumpen

Ratings
Let's talk specifics. The starting price for a bespoke two-piece in the UK, at the cheaper end, is about £2200. The median salary is about £1840 a month. So a suit costs more than one month's wages, pre-tax.

That's more than most people can afford, and certainly more than anyone can afford before they start working full-time and rise through the ranks. The Oxbridge types who sit for their exams wearing white tie (and later end up editing The Rake) either pay for it out of the family funds, or find a gay sugar daddy (they exist).

When the internet #influencers whine about how everyone is badly dressed, perhaps they should look at how cheap tailoring has been squeezed out of the market by a bunch of arriviste snobs.

Worse is on Spain where 50% of youngsters are unemployed or 50% of workers do less than 990 euros a month but a “suit” of those narcissistic untailors as Gallo, Larrainzar etc cost 3500. almost double than a masterwork from Naples.

Those are not tailors are fabricrippers. Rasgatelas as sarto would say.

Shame a bunch of snobs as the arstocrat whose live seems a parody of the wolf of Wall Street and his writtings seems from a deeply stoned junkie plenty of complexes.

When Sarto met this guy, he got a diesel car with polileather (plastic) seats, the most wannabe pennypincher shitte. Now he “designs” tacky shit lying a meter of Holland and Sherry cashmere cost 1500 euros, so his snob readers say woooo uuuu and book him as image assistant to be scammed on Tanga a Saturday afternoon.

Is all about money, the wolf of wall street. Psychopaths all around.

Same wanabbe shitte on the forum nenazas arrinconadas, a book of ghey cruising encounters on the IV Phase.

My respects to dignous homos who doesn´t do this btw,

Jupiter

Ratings
Worse is on Spain where 50% of youngsters are unemployed or 50% of workers do less than 990 euros a month but a “suit” of those narcissistic untailors as Gallo, Larrainzar etc cost 3500. almost double than a masterwork from Naples.

Shame a bunch of snobs as the arstocrat whose live seems a parody of the wolf of Wall Street and his writtings seems from a deeply stoned junkie plenty of complexes.

When Sarto met this guy, he got a diesel car with polileather (plastic) seats, the most wannabe pennypincher shitte. Now he “designs” tacky shit lying a meter of Holland and Sherry cashmere cost 1500 euros, so his snob readers say woooo uuuu and book him as image assistant to be scammed on Tanga a Saturday afternoon.

Same wanabbe shitte on the forum nenazas arrinconadas, a book of ghey cruising encounters on the IV Phase.

For your info H&S 100% cashmere fabric in their Overcoats bunch costs 300/350 euros per meter.

What is your view on Sastreria Serna? Another spanish untailor?

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings

Just because you can't afford bespoke, that doesn't mean you can't look good and class yourself as a sartorialist, whatever that means.

You don't need to be rich, some of the sharpest dressers in the UK use to be the striving working class.

I don't think access to bespoke and luxury priced items is meaningful in the equation of looking great.

Perhaps there is an equation, similar to buying an engagement ring, how many monthly salaries a bespoke suit should cost?

Top Bottom