Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Great White Snark

Ratings
It’s just soooo bad isn’t it?
A clueless teenager getting dressed up for the prom at some sleazy strip mall outfitter with polyester rentals could easily blunder into a better looking better fitting outfit than this, and he has the resources of being allegedly one of the richest men in America to draw from.
Does he not have anyone, ANYONE around him who can have a word and straighten him out? Not his wife, mistress, tailor, stylist, PR man, advisors ... nobody?

I can remember him in the eighties and IIRC he wore some halfway decent threads. What happened? How do you learn LESS about dressing up as you get older?

QuandoDio

Ratings
Barrack's isn't perfect either but compared to the Orange one, it is night and day. The orange one and his clan were disagreeable (the sons in particular were egregious):

1559719789284.png

Kingstonian

Ratings
It’s just soooo bad isn’t it?

Does he not have anyone, ANYONE around him who can have a word and straighten him out? Not his wife, mistress, tailor, stylist, PR man, advisors ... nobody?
He may not be the type to listen to advice. Probably believes he is fine looking man too - if not the best looking president ever.

On another note, he fixed the crappy comb-over hairstyle. Brushed it back and it looked normal. This was only temporary though and was attributed to ‘hat hair’

Great White Snark

Ratings
He may not be the type to listen to advice. Probably believes he is fine looking man too - if not the best looking president ever.

On another note, he fixed the crappy comb-over hairstyle. Brushed it back and it looked normal. This was only temporary though and was attributed to ‘hat hair’
Point one - you’re probably right.
Point two - I agree. He stopped off on the way home from his golf game to gate crash a church service and have the vicar say a prayer for him. Didn’t have time to change out of his golf shoes, but his presumably post-shower slick back actually looked better - at least more human - than his usual look of having that trained ferret asleep on his head.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Point one - you’re probably right.
Point two - I agree. He stopped off on the way home from his golf game to gate crash a church service and have the vicar say a prayer for him. Didn’t have time to change out of his golf shoes, but his presumably post-shower slick back actually looked better - at least more human - than his usual look of having that trained ferret asleep on his head.
You have to say it, the orange man bad has zero sartorial dignity:

Last edited:

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
How disgusting....orange man bad skips away saying it has been an honour, whilst the Queen asks him to come back soon. Utter depravity on all levels, especially the tie. A symbol of oppression and white male privilege if ever there was one:

untitled.png

It's almost like he's pulled off a presidential statesman like victory against his enemies, but we know better don't we.....orange man bad!

Great White Snark

Ratings
Statesman like victory?
Comparing his border wall with Ireland’s impending Brexit border issue?
Just watching him blunder his way through that clusterfuck was excruciating.
If “orange man bad” is the best counterpoint anyone can come up with to combat legitimate criticisms of Trump then that tells its own story about those who support him.

Untermensch

Ratings
No photos of bearded, crazy-looking hermit-wizards wearing blankets as capes, as yet?
Bearded Latin hermits, wearing wrist accessories? Check.

Ostensibly eccentric but really mainstream British designer types wearing clothing they say is inspired by military uniforms but really looks like a bag of shite? Check.

I'm looking to tick the box for Gulf oligarchy types. It's the new big market for iGent business.

Untermensch

Ratings
Nigel Cabourn. Always laughing.
Of course. He's laughing his way to the bank.

What do you think of Kirbers' latest video, Scherensammler, the one with the second fitting for his Jensen suit? I thought an alarming number of things seemed to need drastic adjustment, and there was an awful lot of basting being ripped at the shoulder. But I'm just a layman. I'd like to hear the professional's view.

sirloin

Ratings
What I enjoy most about Pitti this year, is that it looks to be incredibly hot. 35 - 37 C. And so all my fellow scandinavians walk around in suits, all red faced and puffed from the heat, looking like they are about to blow a gasket.

Scherensammler

Ratings
Of course. He's laughing his way to the bank.

What do you think of Kirbers' latest video, Scherensammler, the one with the second fitting for his Jensen suit? I thought an alarming number of things seemed to need drastic adjustment, and there was an awful lot of basting being ripped at the shoulder. But I'm just a layman. I'd like to hear the professional's view.
Was hard to watch, for several reasons. Thought that Mr. Allison was holding back his anger a bit.
Seriously, for a second fitting it was bad. All the things Jensen did he could and should have done the last time.
The left side needs picked up to make it hang straight, which is now so much harder with the facings on. Probably has to re-do them.

Untermensch

Ratings
Was hard to watch, for several reasons. Thought that Mr. Allison was holding back his anger a bit.
Seriously, for a second fitting it was bad. All the things Jensen did he could and should have done the last time.
The left side needs picked up to make it hang straight, which is now so much harder with the facings on. Probably has to re-do them.
Where do you think the main problem lies? Did he take the wrong measurements? To me (again, as a complete layman) it seems there's too much volume at back of the sleevehead. Allison has small shoulders.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
The only answer: how about a jacket that fits?

View attachment 32234
That's Italian style when it's all gone badly wrong: overly fitted corseted peacock suit for the perceived aesthetic pleasure of their mother or lover boy, nothing work like or practical about it, it's a banker business suit but in drag, nothing serious about it, they don't mean business just effected and feigned sprezza, whilst in reality it's completely stylized, poised and wooden as a Pinocchio marionette:

Ryan Owens

Ratings
That's Italian style when it's all gone badly wrong: overly fitted corseted peacock suit for the perceived aesthetic pleasure of their mother or lover boy, nothing work like or practical about it, it's a banker business suit but in drag, nothing serious about it, they don't mean business just effected and feigned sprezza, whilst in reality it's completely stylized, poised and wooden as a Pinocchio marionette:

That is the best description I've read of this sort of ridiculousness. "A banker's suit in drag."

Top Bottom