Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

^ Because, of course, he's going to be parachuting into occupied Normanby during his office lunch break...

Without the burnished toe and worn in a bit those boots would be fine with jeans.

Screenshot 2019-06-04 at 12.14.43.jpg

It’s just soooo bad isn’t it?
A clueless teenager getting dressed up for the prom at some sleazy strip mall outfitter with polyester rentals could easily blunder into a better looking better fitting outfit than this, and he has the resources of being allegedly one of the richest men in America to draw from.
Does he not have anyone, ANYONE around him who can have a word and straighten him out? Not his wife, mistress, tailor, stylist, PR man, advisors ... nobody?

I can remember him in the eighties and IIRC he wore some halfway decent threads. What happened? How do you learn LESS about dressing up as you get older?

Barrack's isn't perfect either but compared to the Orange one, it is night and day. The orange one and his clan were disagreeable (the sons in particular were egregious):

1559719789284.png

It’s just soooo bad isn’t it?

Does he not have anyone, ANYONE around him who can have a word and straighten him out? Not his wife, mistress, tailor, stylist, PR man, advisors ... nobody?

He may not be the type to listen to advice. Probably believes he is fine looking man too - if not the best looking president ever.

On another note, he fixed the crappy comb-over hairstyle. Brushed it back and it looked normal. This was only temporary though and was attributed to ‘hat hair’

He may not be the type to listen to advice. Probably believes he is fine looking man too - if not the best looking president ever.

On another note, he fixed the crappy comb-over hairstyle. Brushed it back and it looked normal. This was only temporary though and was attributed to ‘hat hair’

Point one - you’re probably right.
Point two - I agree. He stopped off on the way home from his golf game to gate crash a church service and have the vicar say a prayer for him. Didn’t have time to change out of his golf shoes, but his presumably post-shower slick back actually looked better - at least more human - than his usual look of having that trained ferret asleep on his head.

Point one - you’re probably right.
Point two - I agree. He stopped off on the way home from his golf game to gate crash a church service and have the vicar say a prayer for him. Didn’t have time to change out of his golf shoes, but his presumably post-shower slick back actually looked better - at least more human - than his usual look of having that trained ferret asleep on his head.

You have to say it, the orange man bad has zero sartorial dignity:

Last edited:
How disgusting....orange man bad skips away saying it has been an honour, whilst the Queen asks him to come back soon. Utter depravity on all levels, especially the tie. A symbol of oppression and white male privilege if ever there was one:

untitled.png

It's almost like he's pulled off a presidential statesman like victory against his enemies, but we know better don't we.....orange man bad!

Statesman like victory?
Comparing his border wall with Ireland’s impending Brexit border issue?
Just watching him blunder his way through that clusterfuck was excruciating.
If “orange man bad” is the best counterpoint anyone can come up with to combat legitimate criticisms of Trump then that tells its own story about those who support him.

Well it's pitti uomo again. Prepare for the inundation of poorly-conceived attempts at novelty by people who are, apparently, tastemakers. Pic related.

Day1-Pitti-Uomo-2019-cnigq-110619-credit-Andrew-Barber-25.jpg

Help me tick the boxes.

1. Asians looking hypergroomed and mean. No socks. Tasty women in tow to allay suspicions.

DSC_7126.jpg

2. Sapeurs with big quads, looking mean. Token white bloke in tow to allay other suspicions.

DSC_6473-2-1024x683.jpg

No photos of bearded, crazy-looking hermit-wizards wearing blankets as capes, as yet?

Bearded Latin hermits, wearing wrist accessories? Check.

Adam-Katz-Sinding-Pitti-Uomo-96-Mens-Fashion-Week-Mens-Spring-Summer-2020_AKS6563.jpg

gettyimages-1155489416.jpg

Ostensibly eccentric but really mainstream British designer types wearing clothing they say is inspired by military uniforms but really looks like a bag of shite? Check.

Adam-Katz-Sinding-Pitti-Uomo-96-Mens-Fashion-Week-Mens-Spring-Summer-2020_AKS6852.jpg

I'm looking to tick the box for Gulf oligarchy types. It's the new big market for iGent business.

What's that last one, Jacques Cousteau meets abattoir worker? Such a refined look for the end of western Europe as we know it!
Nigel Cabourn. Always laughing and looking like a clown in stupid clobber on his IG. Pisses me off each time I see him.

..Now you got me all mad. Jesus.

Nigel Cabourn. Always laughing.

Of course. He's laughing his way to the bank.

What do you think of Kirbers' latest video, Scherensammler, the one with the second fitting for his Jensen suit? I thought an alarming number of things seemed to need drastic adjustment, and there was an awful lot of basting being ripped at the shoulder. But I'm just a layman. I'd like to hear the professional's view.

Anyone remember Zoolander, when the fashion show was called Derelicte because that was outlandish and funny? Welcome to the clown world of Pitti Uomo.

Screenshot_20190613-225644_Instagram.jpg

What I enjoy most about Pitti this year, is that it looks to be incredibly hot. 35 - 37 C. And so all my fellow scandinavians walk around in suits, all red faced and puffed from the heat, looking like they are about to blow a gasket.

Of course. He's laughing his way to the bank.

What do you think of Kirbers' latest video, Scherensammler, the one with the second fitting for his Jensen suit? I thought an alarming number of things seemed to need drastic adjustment, and there was an awful lot of basting being ripped at the shoulder. But I'm just a layman. I'd like to hear the professional's view.

Was hard to watch, for several reasons. Thought that Mr. Allison was holding back his anger a bit.
Seriously, for a second fitting it was bad. All the things Jensen did he could and should have done the last time.
The left side needs picked up to make it hang straight, which is now so much harder with the facings on. Probably has to re-do them.

Was hard to watch, for several reasons. Thought that Mr. Allison was holding back his anger a bit.
Seriously, for a second fitting it was bad. All the things Jensen did he could and should have done the last time.
The left side needs picked up to make it hang straight, which is now so much harder with the facings on. Probably has to re-do them.

Where do you think the main problem lies? Did he take the wrong measurements? To me (again, as a complete layman) it seems there's too much volume at back of the sleevehead. Allison has small shoulders.

Everybody are. They are especially not used to it and still insist on parading around in suits.

His answer to me was "that's off topic." I am sorry but the fit of the jacket is screaming at me to the point that glasses or not seems like a triviality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom