Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Wedding suits:

NINTCHDBPICT000189630669-e1557444439907.jpg

What bandana? The huge white thing? That is his shirt collar (he is a shirt cutter at Budds).
One of the things I find disagreeable.
Yes!
Imagine your job is making shirts and when it comes to creating your own shirt for your wedding you come up with this ridiculous rag?
Fucking hell man!
He needs to get that Italian tie maker charlatan to create an equally ridiculous tie for him.

I just noticed the comment says there are 6 pleats for the trousers. Surely that can't be right?
I recall an Italian brand Phoenix that had about that amount of pleats in the late 90's per side (strangely also in the back).
Extremely long, very tapered legs on those ones. Funnily enough, they were often worn unaltered by rather short guys from Southern Europe and Turkey.
But I'm guessing it's 3 pleats per front, which still is a lot.

where's ASSHAT ASSHAT to defend this monstrosity?

nothing to defend, i don't think i need to restate my argument, but clearly you don't grasp it. there is nothing wrong with the tailoring, the most crucial elements the neck and shoulders fit well. the rest is style. I get you don't like it. you think the jacket should be tighter and shorter. i'm sure his tailor could do that if thats what he wanted.

nothing to defend, i don't think i need to restate my argument, but clearly you don't grasp it. there is nothing wrong with the tailoring, the most crucial elements the neck and shoulders fit well. the rest is style. I get you don't like it. you think the jacket should be tighter and shorter. i'm sure his tailor could do that if thats what he wanted.

Indeed, that silhouette is deliberate as that's what he wants for comfort and everything. Personally I like something a bit more structured in the body, but his signature look beats anything that the herd of politicians sport on both sides of the Atlantic. That awful bland look of inertness.

We desperately need some politicians with some wit, gumption and rakish flair. Alan Clarke had it in abundance and so too JRM who has that very special talent to be able and willing to meet with people on the street of all persuasions to test his position and win them over. He really is a renaissance man and not the 19th century throw back the MSM attempts to caricature him as.

I usually like j.robbie’s pics, even if it’s not my personal taste. Today’s post has me stumped. He’s getting a lot of love for a jacket that desperately needs a trip to the tailor. The shoulder looks ok, otherwise I’d joke about accidentally receiving something two sizes bigger than ordered.

I usually like j.robbie’s pics, even if it’s not my personal taste. Today’s post has me stumped. He’s getting a lot of love for a jacket that desperately needs a trip to the tailor. The shoulder looks ok, otherwise I’d joke about accidentally receiving something two sizes bigger than ordered.

Are there other pics showing the jacket to be too big? Hardly looks awful there.

Are there other pics showing the jacket to be too big? Hardly looks awful there.

Have you swiped through those three pics? There is no way his palms would be visible when arms fully extended at his side.

Have you swiped through those three pics? There is no way his palms would be visible when arms fully extended at his side.

In the second pic, his right arm is by his side and the sleeve doesn't really look too long (if that was the criticism).

I know he’s low hanging fruit, but still.

Only a man who's exhausted every possible sartorial freebie and reached a sartorial dead end could ever thing that signature look of brown hues resplendent with yellow shopping bad, just for the added colour and silhouette, was anything other than a man who's reached the end of all relevance, including to himself. And then we come to the wooded and stilted prose trying to justify it to his dear readers....

The main reason I've lurked here for ages is for this thread, and for the Crompton entries specifically. I don't think that outfit is bad though. The slippers are poncy and he owns numerous better options.

He is in a bit of a dead end because his tastes are quite limited. We'll just have to see what the pink Orazio Luciano jacket which he has commissioned ends up looking like.

Only a man who's exhausted every possible sartorial freebie and reached a sartorial dead end could ever thing that signature look of brown hues resplendent with yellow shopping bad, just for the added colour and silhouette, was anything other than a man who's reached the end of all relevance, including to himself. And then we come to the wooded and stilted prose trying to justify it to his dear readers....

Well I have decided never to leave home without my Lidl bag for life. It should strike an elegant, cut-price Crompton look. The important thing is avoiding the Roy Cropper from Coronation Street look.

Therefore I have to ask in true Muffy Saltwater fashion :-

‘Does the community think my bag for life would look better in Waitrose green?’

An absolutely perfectly worded riposte there. Bravo! Couldn’t agree more.

The Parisian Gentleman videos often feature disagreeable material.

For a start there is his haircut.

A lot of his stuff is at the Flash Harry end of the spectrum. His accent reminds me of the Cointreau adverts from the 1970s.

His bird is a strange one too. She is always wearing a man’s suit with collar and tie, like some latter day Marlene Dietrich.

i just honestly don't know how you are imagining this is going to turn out in any other way than ridiculous looking.

I've seen certain shades of pink look good in jackets. Subtle, almost ambiguous shades. I don't see Crompton in girly pink, but we'll see. I'm sure it'll end up in this thread.

The Parisian Gentleman videos often feature disagreeable material.

For a start there is his haircut.

A lot of his stuff is at the Flash Harry end of the spectrum. His accent reminds me of the Cointreau adverts from the 1970s.

His bird is a strange one too. She is always wearing a man’s suit with collar and tie, like some latter day Marlene Dietrich.

They're both Born-Again Christians, and deeply in love.

Incognito, hiding from the Antifa kind.

He does like a good suit does our Morrissey and he's heavily boned for a vegan. Well hard mate!

I like his wife, she's right up my street. There's a certain type of lady that just looks great with the tidy, blouse and tie look. Neat and yet very attractive. Shades of Annie Hall.

I've seen certain shades of pink look good in jackets. Subtle, almost ambiguous shades. I don't see Crompton in girly pink, but we'll see. I'm sure it'll end up in this thread.

Apparently, it's a zesty fruity pink like this:
cliff_richard_8_wenn3975206.jpg

Only joking, it will be refreshing youthful pink indistinguishable from dark brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom