Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Incognito, hiding from the Antifa kind.

He does like a good suit does our Morrissey and he's heavily boned for a vegan. Well hard mate!

The B Grade Suburban Wedding Singer look definitely fits his persona.
5A2705FE-8069-415A-9D26-E88C80DFB726.jpeg
E6F6A267-D3C6-4394-A8AA-D25FD2753E06.jpeg
92BED774-55A0-4461-A6A4-63EB17A7BA7D.jpeg
23486FCF-6989-4BC4-9935-12333ED19A92.jpeg

They're both Born-Again Christians, and deeply in love.
Yes, he goes on about that at length in one video. That’s after eulogies to the amount of time involved in bespoke clothing and how it is the antidote to a throwaway society and also an alternative for people seeking spirituality in an era when religion is not what it used to be. This was filmed in the appropriately named Ponce in one of the Southern states of the USA.

Provenance is another big thing with him - but they all go on about that.

Yes, he goes on about that at length in one video. That’s after eulogies to the amount of time involved in bespoke clothing and how it is the antidote to a throwaway society and also an alternative for people seeking spirituality in an era when religion is not what it used to be. This was filmed in the appropriately named Ponce in one of the Southern states of the USA.

You seem not to like Jacomet. Look at this this way: he provides an alternate avenue to sartorial stardom. Not public school and Oxford PPE, but finance and a US wife. You still have to be loaded, but still, for small blessings. There is the Scandinavian way too: the body of a demigod, modelling, and then editing one of a multitude of magazines. But that's not for the likes of us miner's sons, eh, our Kingstonian?

Perhaps ‘nonce’ would be even more appropriate given his Jimmy Savile barnet!

Fuck me. Bad clothes and a half-human, half-lizard body. What the fuck is up with his crotch and how long is his head. It seems to be a long way from his neck to his chin

There's misguided effort there at layered texture and tones. The turtle neck thing beneath the button down is a step too far.

We’ve definitely seen worse, but it’s hard to find anything in this to say something positive about.

Sad man in a donegal pervert coat, standing in a flower garden while fingering a rock.

Eh you’re stretching here. It’s a great looking balmacaan. I’d consider buying it through Private White once Crompton’s exclusivity period is over.

He’s had plenty of terrible outfits and stupid pieces for sale but this isn’t one of them.

Eh you’re stretching here. It’s a great looking balmacaan. I’d consider buying it through Private White once Crompton’s exclusivity period is over.

He’s had plenty of terrible outfits and stupid pieces for sale but this isn’t one of them.
cant really make out much other than the coat itself.

I use to have a Donegal jacket back in '87. Seems to be back in fashion now, I noticed Cordings are plugging a jacket and some trousers.

Crompton certainly clouds the judgement. In this case he is wearing one of his silly woolly hats too.

I had to go to his site. I know Cordings have a decent Donegal overcoat, so I doubled the price in anticipation. When I got there Crompton’s was ‘only’ a couple of hundred quid extra. In Crompton terms that’s something of a bargain.

You can pick up great overcoats easily though. So you don’t even have to pay Cordings price.

But why shell out 700 quid when you can (or could) get it for half that price from the likes of Natalino or Walker Slater? The thing about Crompers's creations is not the aesthetics or the quality. It's always the inflated price.

Boo, you forgot the best picture. So intellectual. In the comments someone accused him of being a fanboy and becoming Ethan Newton MK II.

He recently mentioned that his online shop now makes him more money than the advertising on the site, no wonder at 300% markups.

beret-wool-style-467x700.jpg

Yeah the beret is awful.

Anyways, yes. The 750 GBP raglan coat is overpriced. Crompton is taking his cut. I suspect if it were just Private White producing it, it would be closer to 500-600 GBP.

Still, it's a good looking piece, and tasteful given some of the other ridiculous items he has sold (pleated shorts, a square scarf, a fucking scarf ring, a 3,000 GBP valet stand, etc.).

I can't figure out why he decided to line it with a gold/bronze lining like his bridge coat though. Not exactly a good match to grey donegal.

Last edited:
We’ve definitely seen worse, but it’s hard to find anything in this to say something positive about.

I must admit that I'm astonished that "formal" jeans with pleats and a crease have made a comeback. That was part of the late 1980s that really deserved to stay dead and yet it now seems that every iGent has a pair, or is asking where they can buy some.

I must admit that I'm astonished that "formal" jeans with pleats and a crease have made a comeback. That was part of the late 1980s that really deserved to stay dead and yet it now seems that every iGent has a pair, or is asking where they can buy some.

You forgot the droopy belt with the phallic symbol last seen on Bros.

Crompton has now moved on from coats to really expensive spectacle frames.

A Frenchman tells him every face has a particular style that suits. He is from a spectacles family so he must know what he is talking about. He fusses over him. He gives amazing insights such as you should assess spectacles in a full mirror as that is how others see you.

That will be 1300 euros please.

Crompton has now moved on from coats to really expensive spectacle frames.

That Maison Bonnet place? I'm pretty sure that the Foo got some glasses there, and a few other iGents have been there, too.

This Australian fashion blogger took 18 months to get his finished sunglasses, then discovered that the "shaping" of the frames hadn't lasted and so the glasses didn't fit him anymore. He was too concerned about damaging the frames to try to gently shape them himself, so he was unable to wear them until he went back to Paris again.

Really, you couldn't make this sort of stuff up if you tried.

First off, no shopkeeper (for sartorial and other artisan types are just that - they run a shop) will ever spend an hour with a customer. They fuss over Crompers because they know who he is, and they know the selling power of a good review. So everything he writes is useless to the rest of us.

Secondly, Bonnet don't make the lenses themselves. Most of the high end sartorial bullshit spectacle-makers only make the frame, leaving the lenses to the industrial-quantity manufacturers like Zeiss (eek!)

So beware: the prices quotes, not just on Crompers' site, do not include the prescription lenses.

Does Crompers have any opinions of his own? He just seems to repeat anything he is told by the tailors and artisans he worships.

Does Crompers have any opinions of his own? He just seems to repeat anything he is told by the tailors and artisans he worships.

Sadly, that's very common when it comes to bloggers.

Not all are like that, of course, but quite a few just parrot what they are told about how whole garments are stitched by hand by little old ladies and made from tissue with many years on its shoulders and so on.

First off, no shopkeeper (for sartorial and other artisan types are just that - they run a shop) will ever spend an hour with a customer. They fuss over Crompers because they know who he is, and they know the selling power of a good review. So everything he writes is useless to the rest of us.

Secondly, Bonnet don't make the lenses themselves. Most of the high end sartorial bullshit spectacle-makers only make the frame, leaving the lenses to the industrial-quantity manufacturers like Zeiss (eek!)

So beware: the prices quotes, not just on Crompers' site, do not include the prescription lenses.

The fussing is what Crompton and many of his kind buy into. A typical panto-style spectacle frame can easily be picked up for 130 euros. Crompton made it an even easier sell because he was predisposed to that style.

So the shopkeeper earns 1000 euros in addition to the standard profit on the frames just for listening to Crompton.

It was the same with the tattoo man. Crompton spent ages just talking about the design.

Additionally they gain free promotion to other gullible types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom