Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

bill hader popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

“Outfits I got wrong ... “

(Posts a pic wearing a laughably ridiculous oversized bath robe cardigan and nit-picks that he should have worn a t shirt instead of a polo underneath).

Repeat ad nauseum.

^ That just looks stupid.

The way he has deliberately pulled up one sleeve to show off his Rolex, compared to the other sleeve, is particularly pathetic.

^ That just looks stupid.

The way he has deliberately pulled up one sleeve to show off his Rolex, compared to the other sleeve, is particularly pathetic.

The whole jacket looks to be about two sizes too small to me. And wearing an arctic parka open like that with white cotton or linen trousers is just confusing. Is he fighting The Thing in the ice or his he going to the yacht club for a negroni?

Last edited:
Fucking ridiculous schoolboy parka repurposed as some kind of hipster vintage military garb.
Nothing will change the fact that these people look like they should have a big sack strapped over their shoulder delivering the newspapers and shoplifting sweets from the corner shop.

Such a shame that that prat was allowed to take over and effectively ruin FNB. It was quite amusing when Goodyear Welt (who had had a couple of tellings off by our young English teacher) would refer to him as Berk.
Ok Sammy? I'm GW. Berk got right on my tits. I totally agree with you about him ruining FNB, him and that Stan. The latter was so up himself he couldn't even take a bit of banter and banned me for a week or something. He told me to watch myself after he let me back on and I told him to get a sense of humor. I should think both of them would be as much fun on a night out as sticking pins in your eyes. Took hard work not to rip Berk when he posted a weeks worth of outfits at a time on Talk Ivy, or the dark side as I called it at the end. My god he wears some filth.

Is that lumpen or AlbanoKosovar randomly dressed after they assaulted and robbed all out a villa of Russians tackys in Marbella, Mallorca or Miami?
The Villa of Julio Iglesias and his son in the early 90´s?

Julio´s white trouser 2 sizes bigger, a Bomber like mid 90´s jacket and the wool sweater wore on the opposite side.

Is that lumpen or AlbanoKosovar randomly dressed after they assaulted and robbed all out a villa of Russians tackys in Marbella, Mallorca or Miami?
The Villa of Julio Iglesias and his son in the early 90´s?

Julio´s white trouser 2 sizes bigger, a Bomber like mid 90´s jacket and the wool sweater wore on the opposite side.
Lumpy, can't you keep a closer watch on that Dark...Dark Dungeon of De-sleaze of yours? You keep letting these fuckers escape!

Ok Sammy? I'm GW. Berk got right on my tits. I totally agree with you about him ruining FNB, him and that Stan. The latter was so up himself he couldn't even take a bit of banter and banned me for a week or something. He told me to watch myself after he let me back on and I told him to get a sense of humor. I should think both of them would be as much fun on a night out as sticking pins in your eyes. Took hard work not to rip Berk when he posted a weeks worth of outfits at a time on Talk Ivy, or the dark side as I called it at the end. My god he wears some filth.
Welcome GW. I guess Berk and Stan wanted people to be under their thumb. They could've just played Wayne Gibson.

Welcome GW. I guess Berk and Stan wanted people to be under their thumb. They could've just played Wayne Gibson.

‘Berk and Stan’ seemed to just emerge as fully formed moderators without any previous posting history. Or at least none that I can remember.

At the interview Berk probably mentioned ‘part anthropologist, part clothing curator’. Stan then went one better. The rest is history.

They are to blogging what Burke and Hare were to the funeral trade.

I enjoyed FNB. I guess I was pretty much the last man standing. I clung to the hope it would reach past heights, or close to it.
'
Has Jimmy passed away? I kinda avoided him in the end, he was a bit to bonkers. Sad news none the less if so.

I always thought that Wanye Gibson tune was a hit in the 60s and he was coloured. Nice poppy tune. Not heard it in ages.

Has Jimmy passed away? I kinda avoided him in the end, he was a bit to bonkers. Sad news none the less if so.
Good on you, staying with it to the end.

There's being bonkers, and then there's being bonkers in a bad and sinister way. He was both.

He was pretty much full-on in his guerrilla Ivy marketing strategy and tactics.

Any grown man who has to cultivate a public school accent and fake past to justify his existence is one sad and pathetic cunt. Maybe that's why he topped himself that's a long dark shadow along with faking cancer and AIDS for attention. There must be moments of clarity.

Last edited:
The cancer thing was really poor. I fell out with him after he kept sending me messages to wind up another poster and found out he was doing the same to the other guy. More the fool me I suppose. It was Jim who poured the petrol on Stans fire bigging him up and I don't think Stan has ever come down from that, I think Stan sees himself as some sort of Ivy elder statesman to the Brits on the dark side.

I'd sussed Jimmy out by the time he'd started going on about his supposed shop lifting past nonsense. Weird thing is after our falling out he kept sending messages and emails seeking forgiveness, like loads of them but I'd decided he was clearly unhinged by then. And like you say, in a sinister sort of way.

I wonder if he really has topped himself or if he's just had his Wi-Fi cut off for not paying the bill.

Colors look OK.
Paunchy belly, high rise and bow legs all detract from anything approaching “pure elegance”. And that’s leaving aside the egotistical prick that is Kraft!

After the warning from my dermatologist, I need to get my summer hats in and to my surprise, Lock & Co Hatters prices have gone through the roof. What was €64 seemingly a little while back is now GBP 155.

I find this guy just perplexing. He spends a lot of time and energy on taking cosplay selfies on Instagram and has quite a following among the iGents.

“I’m carrying a tan-leather doctor’s bag, which is pretty striking and luxurious. But there’s no reason I couldn’t just have a simple tote, or no bag at all. “

‘No bag at all’ sez he!!!!!!!

I’d sooner leave the house stark naked.

I’m carrying a very striking and practical bag frequently used by a plumber’s mate.

However, mine is specially commissioned from a family of Italians who run a luggage business in Dundee. Dundee is famous for jute and my bag is made from an old batch recovered from a sunken Russian ship. Handles are the finest bridle leather and fittings are brass which I designed myself.

I’m carrying a very striking and practical bag frequently used by a plumber’s mate.

However, mine is specially commissioned from a family of Italians who run a luggage business in Dundee. Dundee is famous for jute and my bag is made from an old batch recovered from a sunken Russian ship. Handles are the finest bridle leather and fittings are brass which I designed myself.
Did I ever tell you of my grand investment in jute farming in the Andes?

Not recommended.

is he wearing a cravat?

It looks as though it's a scarf knotted around his throat, possibly silk - similar to the ones that fighter pilots used to wear to avoid friction as they had to continually turn their heads to monitor for enemy fighters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom