Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

He keeps a fire extinguisher in the living room, so I will applaud his preparedness. That’s the kindest thing I can say.

View attachment 40667

Can you save something?
I like the shades (wouldn't wear em meself I prefer 70 style shades) and the shirt which is a bit daft.

His pants are too tight making his feet look big. I like horse-bit loafers but can't see the quality of the ones he's wearing.

I can picture him driving a Lamborghini.

....and wearing a Panerai.

Last edited:
As I see this turquoise colour is rather unsuitable for a suit, the more in this formal version in three pieces with shawl lapel jacket. Also disagreeable the match with a t-shirt. Bottega Dalmut.

Screenshot (585).png

I visited Dalmut when I was in Puglia last year. They have a very interesting and I would say in my opinion quite decent house style in terms of cut, but they do lean towards the tacky in their “creations”. Still, I would have had a jacket cut if I had the time - alas I couldn’t make the calendar work for me.

DB

SB

He keeps a fire extinguisher in the living room, so I will applaud his preparedness. That’s the kindest thing I can say.
Well spotted, but I deduce it's the lobby of a small boutique hotel.
As I see this turquoise colour is rather unsuitable for a suit, the more in this formal version in three pieces with shawl lapel jacket. Also disagreeable the match with a t-shirt. Bottega Dalmut.

View attachment 40730
Wow! That's so wrong on so many levels.

They are in fact prone to tackiness, especially in the colour choice and some details, like metal buttons.

View attachment 40803View attachment 40804View attachment 40805View attachment 40806

But they also have a nice cut, as I see.

View attachment 40807View attachment 40808View attachment 40809
I agree that this house has an absolutely disastrous taste in design details, but that they have a nice cut. If only their jackets were longer.

Even though in the last two pictures, their cut doesn't suit the model at all. He has Simon Crompton- level sloping in his shoulders. The lack of any shoulder padding and those giant lapels make him look even more pencil-necked and elongated than he already is.

What on earth are people like him dressing up for? The office? Restaurants? Appointments with their psychiatrist? Taking selfies in the safety of their balconies?

Don't have pics on hand, but why do I keep seeing igents taking selfies with their fists clenched? Not just fingers tucked into palms, but actually vein-popping clenched. Looks like they're holding in diarrhea or something. Truly strange, and I've seen it enough times now to think to make an inquiry of it here.

Not the best colour for a suit, as I see. The tie is ovelong as well as the sleeves: Pino Luciano is not making a great advertising for his business.

Screenshot (658).png

Certainly entitled to that opinion. I think it looks excellent and a great advertisement for his business.

Not super keen on his tie knot though

You're entitled as well to your opinion, of course. You would at least agree that the sleeves are way too long.

He’s real worried you won’t be buying his stuff. For real.
I'm in at his trunk show in three weeks here in Oslo. His RTW in the shop is really nice. He's over with Mr. Ambrosi so it might be beans on toast and the local soup kitchen for the rest of the month.

I'm in at his trunk show in three weeks here in Oslo. His RTW in the shop is really nice. He's over with Mr. Ambrosi so it might be beans on toast and the local soup kitchen for the rest of the month.
A man's gorra suffer for his art...!!!!

I do indeed for my tastes, but the long sleeve is more of a classical look and I don't think it detracts from the suit.
My old tailor, Paul Fisher (1977 Golden Sears winner, boy did he dine out on that) told me that the standard length used to be to the thumb knuckle.

A man's gorra suffer for his art...!!!!
True, least we forget, quailty is long remembered after price is forgotten. Lets hope I don't lose to much weight though.

This is a nice peacoat (called the Bridge Coat) from the collaboration between Crompton and Private White V.C. It differs a little from their classic peacoat: the cloth has a small amount of cashmere (10%) as opposed to the 100% melton wool of the standard version and the rows of buttons have a peculiar line. Moreover it has two more inches of length, so to cover any jacket or sports coat. I still prefer the classic one, but this is lovely as well.

Somehow in all of the photos I have seen from this particular photoshoot, Crompton looks like a brooding school shooter.

I would honestly be on guard if I saw someone who looked like this in real life.
C631F0F0-398F-489F-A868-4F0DDFA0BBD8.jpeg

75771385-B239-4246-BEC6-60A41C4A4445.jpeg

This guy is by far the most present in the styleforum thread WAYWRN and has boasted hundreds (he should have a huge wardrobe) of attires, the most good and pleasing to me.

This one however is rather unpleasant: I see a contamination of styles here with that tech jacket, already ugly on its own, that really does not match in the frame. It looks like a waxed cotton top matched with an underjacket in fluo orange fleece.

View attachment 40561View attachment 40562
Would it help to know that the orange fleece is made of wool, casentino cloth to be specific, and it's a gillet/vest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom