Everything Eyewear

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Maybe think about waiting? It's only 2 months away and you wouldn't want to get stuck having to put in a new prescription should it change.
I'm just buying frames for now - still have $130 to spend on frames this year.

In Jan I will get another test and get lenses. I suspect I'm going to be wearing them more - feels like my eyes are getting worse at medium distances.

Fuck, I might even go to the dentist next year. My insurance is getting better.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
I'm just buying frames for now - still have $130 to spend on frames this year.

In Jan I will get another test and get lenses. I suspect I'm going to be wearing them more - feels like my eyes are getting worse at medium distances.

Fuck, I might even go to the dentist next year. My insurance is getting better.
just remember that the depth of your prescription will affect the weight and size of the lens in the frame. if you're near blind you might not be able to wear a semi-rimless lens because they'll need to make it too thick to support the prescription and it will weigh down the rimmed portion. i'd recommend waiting to make your final purchase closer to the end of the year and getting the new appointment after new years. this way, you'll end up inside your frame return/exchange period in case something goes awry.

Journeyman

Supporter
Ratings
I like the shape of the first Fossil pair the most. As fxh fxh says, the thinner frames and the smaller lens size suit your face better.

My personal preference would be for a pair of acetate lenses with a thinner frame in a mid- to dark-tortoiseshell, in a similar size to the first Fossil pair. The question, though, is whether you can find such a pair.

Leitmotif

Eating his po boy w/oyster,petrosyan caviar,& gold
Ratings
I like the shape of the first Fossil pair the most. As fxh fxh says, the thinner frames and the smaller lens size suit your face better.

My personal preference would be for a pair of acetate lenses with a thinner frame in a mid- to dark-tortoiseshell, in a similar size to the first Fossil pair. The question, though, is whether you can find such a pair.
He can have them mtm! We can always invite Fabio Attanasio olo

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
that shape's not bad at all but i think the frames are a bit too spartan for you. get a very harry potter-esque vibe from them.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Like this?
https://www.classicspecs.com/mens-eyeglasses-beaumont-maple-crystal-tortoise-020030290014012A

that shape's not bad at all but i think the frames are a bit too spartan for you. get a very harry potter-esque vibe from them.
I appreciate the feedback, but don't feel I'm narrowing in on to much.

Better again . You need thinner frames and smaller lenses.
Like the spartan frames above?

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
i think you are. you've gotten much much better with the fit. now you just need the style. this takes time. you're going to be wearing these damn things on your face all day long. be patient and get it right.

Leitmotif

Eating his po boy w/oyster,petrosyan caviar,& gold
Ratings
i think you are. you've gotten much much better with the fit. now you just need the style. this takes time. you're going to be wearing these damn things on your face all day long. be patient and get it right.
Not eberybody is pedantic like you rambo.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Like this?
https://www.classicspecs.com/mens-eyeglasses-beaumont-maple-crystal-tortoise-020030290014012A
Like the spartan frames above?
I think those spartan ones are good - but -they aren't sitting on top of your ear properly and they aren't high enough up on top of your nose. I assume you know that and you are just trying on a pair? If you are in an active role (paramedic?) you'll find a well fitted cable temple holds them on better.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
I found another place doing the free home trial thing and also claim to have a range of narrow-fit frames. We'll see how these go:
IMG_9206.PNG

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Dropbear Dropbear there's a few online glasses shops that allow you to up load a face pic of yourself and try the glasses on. - might be worth a shot to get a general idea only

Top Bottom