Everything Eyewear

Growing up in Florida, the only ducks I saw were these:
Muscovy-Duck-051a.jpg

Everywhere.

Muscovy ducks?

We should ask LKP LKP what he thinks about good Russian ducks defecting to the balmy southern climes of the US of A.

I already had the black/pewter version but wanted these brown lenses for when it's less sunny out.

I already had the black/pewter version but wanted these brown lenses for when it's less sunny out.
I cant wear black glasses. My hair is too fucking black. Dark grey i think kt works great with me. Cant fucking weird tortoise, i think i look like a fuckinh idiot specially since im ugly as fuck

With Zhirik and Trump as presidents the world would be a better quieter place

Quieter, as we'd doubtless all be dead from the nuclear war and the ensuing atomic winter that would inevitably happen if those two were in charge of the US and the USSR Russia!

Is it worthwhile to purchase prescription sunglasses? I'm near sighted. The benefit for me is everyone looks touched up by Photoshop if I wear plain ones. I don't drive so that's not an issue.

The problem is switching with my regular spectacles. Except golf, I wear a jacket all the time so I could slip it behind the pocket square. I used to do that with my previous pair which came with a clip on.

If you don't need to read signs or anything and it doesn't cause eye strain, I wouldn't bother.
I always put one pair up on my head, then remove the other to put away. It's a juggle any other way and dropping really sucks.

IMG_8995.JPG
I'm still wearing prescription glasses for driving only and doing ok. However, I suspect at my next exam in January they will say it's time to wear them all the time. I may also need transition lenses (the modern version of bifocals, if that's what they are called). Eek! I hate the idea of needing glasses but am preparing myself for the inevitable.

My question is about frame choice. I like acetate keyhole type retro lenses I think, but I have no clue what shape to match my face.

Brands, models, styles or other suggestions?

The whole shape matching face is oversold - a bit like colour "science" in clothing.

You don't want your eyebrows looking through your frames. You look like you need a better nose height.

On a brief squiz at your dial above I'd be saying the old Shuron Malcolm X frames.

With a bit of luck (if you buy them with the clip on shades) you could look nearly as cool as me.
1550_shuron_clip_ons (1).jpg

View attachment 19245 I'm still wearing prescription glasses for driving only and doing ok. However, I suspect at my next exam in January they will say it's time to wear them all the time. I may also need transition lenses (the modern version of bifocals, if that's what they are called). Eek! I hate the idea of needing glasses but am preparing myself for the inevitable.

My question is about frame choice. I like acetate keyhole type retro lenses I think, but I have no clue what shape to match my face.

it might be the picture angle but it looks like the right side is a bit tight on your head. you ever tried a wider frame size?

View attachment 19245 I'm still wearing prescription glasses for driving only and doing ok. However, I suspect at my next exam in January they will say it's time to wear them all the time. I may also need transition lenses (the modern version of bifocals, if that's what they are called). Eek! I hate the idea of needing glasses but am preparing myself for the inevitable.

You should try barton perreira. I try the kent not so long ago and the finish was beyond awesome.

Round glasses (think oliver peoples/ american psycho)
In case you have the desire to spend a bit more, in real tortoise shell
Otherwise top faux lookalike

Warby Parker has great knock offs, with a slightly better shape to the frame. Preferred it over the Oliver people's.

it might be the picture angle but it looks like the right side is a bit tight on your head. you ever tried a wider frame size?

They often seem a bit crooked on my face - like one ear is lower or something.

So something more rounded is what most of you are saying, right?

They often seem a bit crooked on my face - like one ear is lower or something.

So something more rounded is what most of you are saying, right?

If your ears aren't level then frames with sides made of thin bendable metal will solve the balance problem.

IMG_9005.JPG
I had a little time after a meeting was cancelled so went to an optician to try some frames. The Sharon style is cool but definitely not me. Most of the Oliver Peeps also didn't really work on me. I found some Persols that were ok, but my favorites were some grey IC Berlins. But $350 for stamped sheet metal?
IMG_9018.JPG

View attachment 19281 I had a little time after a meeting was cancelled so went to an optician to try some frames. The Sharon style is cool but definitely not me. Most of the Oliver Peeps also didn't really work on me. I found some Persols that were ok, but my favorites were some grey IC Berlins. But $350 for stamped sheet metal?
View attachment 19282
I like top better, but i think you can still do much better.

Ok, so maybe when I did this today I was self-conscious and looking for subtle and for glasses that don't 'make a statement'. I definitely agree with the more rounded shape.

Any additional suggestions are welcome!

Dropbear - they are not proper Shurons - and its all the bits that aren't proper that are spoiling them - try the Shuron Revelations. Your eyebrows are still looking through them. Proper Shurons can be specified bridge width and lense depth width and hinge to hinge as well as the temples (arms) length and type. So you get a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom