Hate the Millennials/Ask a Millennial a question

OfficePants

Supporter
Ratings
I thought that was because of the Richard Hatch Mandatory Homosexual Character Inclusion Act of 1999. I'll have to do some firsthand research, but I get the sense that the Millennial has no subtle sense of humor and anything not slapstick or overtly sexual or excretory is missed.
This is what happens when you're spoon fed culture.

Ratings
I thought that was because of the Richard Hatch Mandatory Homosexual Character Inclusion Act of 1999. I'll have to do some firsthand research, but I get the sense that the Millennial has no subtle sense of humor and anything not slapstick or overtly sexual or excretory is missed.
From my point of view this arises from market research correctly deducing that millennials derive a sense of culture and superiority by deigning to watch shows filled with diversity! And challenging the status quo established by those gosh darned baby boomers!

OfficePants

Supporter
Ratings
From my point of view this arises from market research correctly deducing that millennials derive a sense of culture and superiority by deigning to watch shows filled with diversity! And challenging the status quo established by those gosh darned baby boomers!
News to millennials, we already knew about the gays. There is absolutely nothing edgy about it. In fact it's camp, just like my generation noticed the token black guy in every show.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
Fucking Baby Boomers they just make me sick.....wait a minute.....nevermind

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
"Financial adversity and scarcity and austerity, and being shocked into a global awareness, means that our generation is primed and prepared for greatness." - says the 30 year old millennial mayor of Ithaca, NY.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
"Financial adversity and scarcity and austerity, and being shocked into a global awareness, means that our generation is primed and prepared for greatness." - says the 30 year old millennial mayor of Ithaca, NY.
Scary, he is describing your current financial situation Fwiffs

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Scary, he is describing your current financial situation Fwiffs
Actually it was part of a longer article saying how millennials born between 1980 and 2000 have eclipsed baby boomers in the US, and how the representation amongst government and those who govern is disproportionate to them but not any of the other age groups.

Monkeyface

Monochromatic Clothing Troll
Supporter
Ratings
I would hope we can move past this inter-generational conflict, if it even exists to the extent the media makes one believe. For better or worse, we’re all in it together.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
I would hope we can move past this inter-generational conflict, if it even exists to the extent the media makes one believe. For better or worse, we’re all in it together.
An Australian economist - Prof John Quiggin often writes about the bullshit that is generational generalizations

The generation game, yet again
September 5th, 2017John Quiggin

At Inside Story, I’ve had yet another go at the silliness of generational analysis, reworking some material I’ve posted previously, but improving the analysis in some ways, I think. In particular, I think the intro helps to explain the persistent appeal of generational cliches in the face of repeated refutation.

Every generation thinks it invented sex, and every generation is wrong.” As that quotation from the American writer Robert Heinlein suggests, we all experience as unique and revelatory the transformations we undergo through the course of our lives, from childhood to puberty, adulthood, parenthood and old age. As a matter of logic and observation, though, these processes are experienced at all times and in all places, and differ more in detail than essentials.

This is the paradox at the heart of the otherwise inexplicable durability of claims that people’s characteristics can be explained by their membership of a “generation” (baby boomers, generation X, and so on).

http://johnquiggin.com/2017/09/05/the-generation-game-yet-again/

http://insidestory.org.au/the-generation-game/

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
There's always generational differences: when my dad and his mod mates walked past some middle aged geezer walking his dog, there was no way of telling whether that chap had been a fighter ace in the battle of Britain or had been in the first wave on Normandy. I think that created a tension between the Greatest Generation and what became the hippies and later yuppies of the 80s.

I don't see any tension between my generation and the millenials. I don't think there's anything notably distinguishable about them at all. All this media talk that somehow they are on a mission to do away with borders, countries, ways of working and are dead against previous generations is just piffle and spin from globalistas who are looking for some pawns. The nonsense of safe spaces and neutral gender pronouns and stuff is not a millenial creation, but that of old men in dark corridors of post-Marxist thought. The kids will soon wise up. I don't see a repeat of the Chinese cultural revolution just yet.

Millenials in lots of ways have had it a lot easier than other generations, but also they find themselves competing against the whole world for jobs and housing in places like the South East of the UK is absurdly expensive. I wish them good luck.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Millenials are the most narcissistic generation?

"At the next table in the cafe where I was working this morning, a young woman spent a whole hour talking excitedly to her older companion about herself, her hopes and aspirations for her job, her romantic relationship and her home. It was hard to avoid the impression that she thought herself the centre of the Universe, her dreams eminently fascinating and important."

What?! I'm not the most important in *my* life?

This reminds me of what the man who hired me in my current firm remarked a few times, "It's not all about you..."

Or doghouse's classification of me as a "millennial snowflake"

Or at a wedding, I asked my MD cousin what malady I could be suffering under and she said her diagnosis was narcissism and if I needed more clarification on the treatment and symptoms, I ought to consult a dictionary because my photograph would be next to the definition.

"Scientists have known for years that we’re getting cleverer, by around three IQ points per decade."

Is that per decade of *my* life or vis-à-vis time of birth?

Top Bottom