Home Decorating, Renovations & Remodeling

I've decided on getting some reproduction artworks in my music room. I was at the Van Gogh Museum on Sunday and those 3D reproductions are magnificent, just a shame they're €25,000 each. So I will start more modestly with L.S. Lowry:

1959-647-Man-Lying-on-a-Wall-300ppi_large.jpg

Interesting week. Ran into a guy who had a bunch of peeled, scraped logs. He was looking for some quick cash and his price was fire sale reasonable.

So I bought them.

Now what the fuck was I to do with them.

Talked to the missus and this is what we ended up doing with them. Will finish the roof next time I am out in BC. Made the bench out of scrap wood
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG

Interesting week. Ran into a guy who had a bunch of peeled, scraped logs. He was looking for some quick cash and his price was fire sale reasonable.

So I bought them.

Now what the fuck was I to do with them.

Talked to the missus and this is what we ended up doing with them. Will finish the roof next time I am out in BC. Made the bench out of scrap wood
View attachment 29959View attachment 29960
you did that all by yourself?

you did that all by yourself?

Most of it. I used a chainsaw to cut pieces and notch the joints. My neighbour Rick has a portable saw mill and used it to get straight cuts for the uprights. Other neighbour Duane has a bobcat we used to raise the logs. Kind of a pergola raising event.

The wives all drank and laughed

Most of it. I used a chainsaw to cut pieces and notch the joints. My neighbour Rick has a portable saw mill and used it to get straight cuts for the uprights. Other neighbour Duane has a bobcat we used to raise the logs. Kind of a pergola raising event.

The wives all drank and laughed
Thats pretty fucking impressive

Thats pretty fucking impressive

Not that much different than framing a pole shed. I've done a ton of them. Just have to get used to the round wood. The notching is easy; doesn't have to be pretty. Use a long augur bit to drill a pilot hole and use log screws for fastening. Must have is an old school electric drill with high torque and low RPM. No battery drill.

That's excellent!

I do wonder, though, why there's a bit that looks like a scrotum on the pole holding up the apex of the roofing logs.

http://www.moley.com/

"Moley has created the world's first robotic kitchen. Featuring an advanced, fully functional robot integrated into a beautifully designed, professional kitchen, it cooks with the skill and flair of a master chef. The prototype was premiered to widespread acclaim at Hanover Messe, the international robotics show. The consumer version set for launch in 2018 will be supported by an iTunes' style library of recipes."

Given doghouse doghouse won't even have a microwave in his kitchen, I doubt he'll be the first in queue to get this. I still don't understand why mankind had to make a robotic chef's hand look like a human being. If my finger could turn into a KitchenAid attachment for stirring and whipping, wouldn't that be much more efficient a la Jetsons?

Why program something to pick up olive oil when you can squirt olive oil out?

Back on the Left Coast and was in a building mood again. Tried to use up all the left over wood I have.

Dog cabana to shelter the dog bed
IMG_1739.JPG

who here is into electrical work? i need to install two dedicated outlets in the bathrooms for these bidets i bought. any good walkthroughs for this?

who here is into electrical work? i need to install two dedicated outlets in the bathrooms for these bidets i bought. any good walkthroughs for this?

What are the electrical requirements of these bidets? Do they have a heater? How many watts do they draw or how many amps do they use? Total load that can be fixed in place 50% of the rating of the branch circuit. So do you have a 10 amp, 15 amp or 20 amp dedicated circuit for the bathroom?

You have to figure that out first to determine if you need a dedicated circuit for each bidet.

For example, the low wattage ones draw around 600 to 700 watts. So 700 watts/120 volts = 5.8 amps so you could install it on a 15 amp circuit.

Others draw 1200 to 1300 watts so 1300/120 = 10.8 amps so you're probably better off with a dedicated circuit for it.

What are the electrical requirements of these bidets? Do they have a heater? How many watts do they draw or how many amps do they use? Total load that can be fixed in place 50% of the rating of the branch circuit. So do you have a 10 amp, 15 amp or 20 amp dedicated circuit for the bathroom?

You have to figure that out first to determine if you need a dedicated circuit for each bidet.

For example, the low wattage ones draw around 600 to 700 watts. So 700 watts/120 volts = 5.8 amps so you could install it on a 15 amp circuit.

Others draw 1200 to 1300 watts so 1300/120 = 10.8 amps so you're probably better off with a dedicated circuit for it.
1200. figured i'd do 2x 20amps, one for each bathroom. i'm into more the how-to part, specifically cable running and box installs. i have attic access and believe i can straight drop the cable down the walls, but i'm not 100% on that.

1200. figured i'd do 2x 20amps, one for each bathroom. i'm into more the how-to part, specifically cable running and box installs. i have attic access and believe i can straight drop the cable down the walls, but i'm not 100% on that.
I'm amazed at the electrical stuff - here that is illegal building works. Who certifies its safe etc?

Do the dogs live outside? In Winter?

Nope. They have a kennel with A/C & heat. They go in and out the doggie door. The Newfs and Shephards love being out in the snow. It's mild in the winter. Rarely colder than -10 C

The building in the distance
IMG_4850.JPG

I'm amazed at the electrical stuff - here that is illegal building works. Who certifies its safe etc?
adding an outlet doesn't require a permit. most in-home things don't. if you're going to replace your breaker box you technically need one but you could even get a homeowners permit to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom