It's always five o'clock somewhere

Fwiffo

Supporter
Why do you live in an office?
By my count in that photograph there are only 5 buildings that are commercial. One is still being built in the top left corner. The rest are residential with retail space or the odd office at the bottom.

What are you doing living the CBD?

Get out whilst you still can!
Actually I live in a neighbourhood called southcore - which is south of the CBD core. The financial district is one subway stop away. But high rents and lack of space is driving people to build down here. I'm a 5 minute walk to the airport train, the shuttle to the second island airport, the main rail and subway stations. It's quite convenient.

In addition my parents and my brother and his family all live in one of the buildings in that photograph.

Pimpernel Smith

By my count in that photograph there are only 5 buildings that are commercial. One is still being built in the top left corner. The rest are residential with retail space or the odd office at the bottom.

Actually I live in a neighbourhood called southcore - which is south of the CBD core. The financial district is one subway stop away. But high rents and lack of space is driving people to build down here. I'm a 5 minute walk to the airport train, the shuttle to the second island airport, the main rail and subway stations. It's quite convenient.

In addition my parents and my brother and his family all live in one of the buildings in that photograph.
It's all very David Byrne 2020/20th century man.

All that proving you are creative in the cities and such like. Very wooden and grey.

The escape to the country has begun.

Don't get caught on the wrong side of the great divide.

Last edited:

güero

So you claim that you actually do not live in an office, but that it just looks like an office?

Fwiffo

Supporter
So you claim that you actually do not live in an office, but that it just looks like an office?
It looks like to you. My dream home is highlighted and glowing.

I'm not at all interested in a palatial English manor unless they give me the staff that maintains on weekends when I show up.

Kingstonian

It looks like to you. My dream home is highlighted and glowing.

I'm not at all interested in a palatial English manor unless they give me the staff that maintains on weekends when I show up.
You are in walking distance of work and the location suits. I cannot see a problem.

A separate business district is a rather outdated idea nowadays.

The City and Holborn London used to be dead at weekends and late evening but there are lots of residents in Holborn and the City fringes now and shops and amenities to cater for them.

Pimpernel Smith

It's a very English thing to want to live in the country. I notice most other nations and cultures frown upon the very idea.

Living by the sea is another English one, but with all the junkies placed on the B&B's, it has a certain edge, along with the maritime climate.

You are in walking distance of work and the location suits. I cannot see a problem.

A separate business district is a rather outdated idea nowadays.

The City and Holborn London used to be dead at weekends and late evening but there are lots of residents in Holborn and the City fringes now and shops and amenities to cater for them.
Many parts of London use to be like that. I remember my uncle telling me that after work the pubs were buzzing, but my 7pm it was completely dead with the exception of the street walking prostitutes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom