Its The Economy, Stupid - Economic & Business News From Around The World

Fwiffo

Supporter
The thing with inherited wealth it tends to fizzle out over the generations. But when it comes to it, it's always good to be an only child.

Pretty sure my cousin's kids are inheriting nothing. There goes my maternal great grandfather's land owning gentry legacy. Chauffeurs, nannies and servants are definitely a thing of the past unless you count the Hispanic or Filipino cleaning lady that comes to my cousins' houses.

The West is certainly in decline, much less productive than it once was, dependent on exploited foreign labour, elements of the common-culture are decadent and possessed by hysteria, a Jacobin elite that despises where it came from and seeks Orwellian and authoritarian control with a message to the plebs that you need to your life expectations curtailed to live poorer and reduced lives for the greater good of the planet.

I can already guess where you are with veganism and the stance that consumption of red meat is tied to climate change.

Pimpernel Smith

I can already guess where you are with veganism and the stance that consumption of red meat is tied to climate change.
I am against enforced veganism. I went veggie for several weeks over the summer and I've started again as I am starting to put weight on. But a full vegan diet for westerners without supplements will make you ill long term, not only physically, but mentally. Our bodies aren't tuned for that. The Indians have had thousands of years at it. We haven't.

Paul McCartney is right though, a vegetarian diet can be very varied and tasty. If you're going to put the effort in. My brother and his family are full on vegans and his kids are minute compared to mine (similar ages) and he is very bland in his vegertarian dishes. Spuds, turnips and a bit of cabbage. Real bland. Washed down with hyper-young and high alcohol supermaket Aussie reds.

There's a couple of vegetarian Indian restaurants in The Hague now and they're pretty good. I've had one too sugary takeaway meal that really pissed-me-off. But other than that, excellent. My wife insists only the vegetarian Indian restaurants from now on, as the normal (meat) ones are super heavy in comparison.

The best vegetarian restaurant I ever went to was a Buddhist one in Shanghai. Our country manager took me there back in 2016 it was magnificent. But he said it's too labour intensive to export to Europe.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"The government has sold the airline to the company, which was the highest bidder at nearly $2.4bn (£1.7bn)."

"Apart from its fleet of over 130 aircraft, the new buyer will now have control of the airline's 4,400 domestic and 1,800 international landing and parking slots at domestic airports, as well as 900 slots at airports overseas.

Air India also owns millions of dollars worth of prime real estate. According to the aviation ministry, its fixed assets - land, buildings, planes - in March last year were worth more than 450bn rupees ($6bn)."

Bid was for 2.4B on a distressed company with 6B in fixed assets. Can we spell divestiture?

Pimpernel Smith

Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith formby002 formby002
I've just finished Whatsapping my mother and she gets everything delivered and she said you have to be double quick on getting the delivery slots, but other than frozen food (reliant on C02) there's no experience of shortages in food. The family are all getting their fuel too.

ballmouse

I consulted at Universal about their booking system a few years ago. I was shocked at how much things cost and how so many callers were calling about buying packages that must be a month's salary.. And then I remembered that Disney was around the corner and they must be even more expensive.

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
Good, these idiots in Montreal and the GTA who voted in the little potato deserve it. Let the eastern bastard freeze in the dark. Dan McTeague routinely rips these people for good reason.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
Good, these idiots in Montreal and the GTA who voted in the little potato deserve it. Let the eastern bastard freeze in the dark. Dan McTeague routinely rips these people for good reason.
Who is Dan mcteague?

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
Who is Dan mcteague?
Former liberal MP of eighteen years, mainly discusses the Canadian energy sector and is getting alot of airtime lately which I think is well deserved.

Rambo

Supporter
Former liberal MP of eighteen years, mainly discusses the Canadian energy sector and is getting alot of airtime lately which I think is well deserved.
what's his plan?

Rambo

Supporter

why your chicken is so expensive

Fwiffo

Supporter

"To be specific, we are talking the kind of processed snacks popular among all age groups - Pringles, Doritos, Hula Hoops, and so on.

Prices for these snacks went up by 7.6% in the 12 weeks to the end of October, compared with the same period a year earlier, information from data firm, Kantar shows.

Prices for canned colas, potato crisps and cat food also all went up by nearly 6%, or more, at the same time, the data show.

Part of the reason is a hangover from the struggles caused by the pandemic."

Pringles!

Pimpernel Smith

"To be specific, we are talking the kind of processed snacks popular among all age groups - Pringles, Doritos, Hula Hoops, and so on.

Prices for these snacks went up by 7.6% in the 12 weeks to the end of October, compared with the same period a year earlier, information from data firm, Kantar shows.

Prices for canned colas, potato crisps and cat food also all went up by nearly 6%, or more, at the same time, the data show.

Part of the reason is a hangover from the struggles caused by the pandemic."

Pringles!
I've not noticed much of an increase (yet), if any, with the exception of petrol. And I have bought Pringles in the last week.

Edit: My missus has and has recommended we go back to Hello Fresh. Steady on, no need for that.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Mr Dimon made his original remarks at Boston College on Tuesday, where he was taking part in a series of interviews with chief executives.

'I made a joke the other day that the Communist Party is celebrating its 100th year - so is JPMorgan,' he said.

'I'd make a bet that we last longer,' he told the event. 'I can't say that in China. They are probably listening anyway,' he added."

Maybe not JPMorgan but Goldman Sachs will definitely outlast both the communists and the bank. After all they staff most of the governments and world agencies.

Top Bottom