King of Dhaka discussion thread

HIS DENTIST IS NO PRIVATE EUROPEAN CLINIC I THINK.

He enjoys the same quality of dental care that all of his countrymen enjoy (women and children excluded of course)

1382678966-local-practioners-provide-cheap-dental-treamtment-in-dhaka_3041959.jpg

street-dentists.jpg

Is that a tab collared shirt in gingham? That makes no sense, nor does wearing it with a navy DB coat. I'm not big on light shoes with dark suits but it's not the worst.

Call me nuts, but I really like that tie and how it goes with the jacket. I have almost no tolerance for mixed shades of red, so the ps is a problem for me.
Thruth may have noted that the date-stamped camera is revealing that the date function on at least one of his watches is indeed not set right or not working at all.

Call me nuts, but I really like that tie and how it goes with the jacket. I have almost no tolerance for mixed shades of red, so the ps is a problem for me.
Thruth may have noted that the date-stamped camera is revealing that the date function on at least one of his watches is indeed not set right or not working at all.
You're nuts. That jacket is a trainwreck.

Does anyone else find the ultra-high gorge and long pointed shirt collar to be a visually odd combo?

Thruth Thruth the suit coloration is ok but the padded shoulders are a terrible look for him. The tie is a poor color match as well.

Does anyone else find the ultra-high gorge and long pointed shirt collar to be a visually odd combo?

Thruth Thruth the suit coloration is ok but the padded shoulders are a terrible look for him. The tie is a poor color match as well.

To be honest I find it less weird than many of his other collar choices but I see your point.

Out of order ...
2014091406.jpg

This I hate. Windowpane on black seens wrong. Plaid on stripes is wrong. Black with maroon is dicey. Black suit with brown shoes. It's interesting that his trousers are cuffed today.
The pattern matching is spotty on the front but just awful in the rear. The ties, shirt and pocket square are a decent pairing with each other...

Really, exactly one stripe matches. When it shifts this badly, it's time for a do-over. It is interesting that the vertical centering is decent while our submission from yesterday had horizontal alignment and little else. Tailor needs to learn to work in two dimensions, and maybe one day we'll get to the third dimension...

Out of order ...
2014091406.jpg
This I hate. Windowpane on black seens wrong. Plaid on stripes is wrong. Black with maroon is dicey. Black suit with brown shoes. It's interesting that his trousers are cuffed today.
The pattern matching is spotty on the front but just awful in the rear. The ties, shirt and pocket square are a decent pairing with each other...
But yet hes better dressed than most of the well dressed people you will meet in any big city in the world.

But yet hes better dressed than most of the well dressed people you will meet in any big city in the world.
This is exactly why he is so interesting. He is so close yet so far away. He wobbles. Too much color one day, not enough the next day .
Why he insists on local tailoring is a mystery. Some better rack stuff would be a wake up call to his local tailor.

callback time
2014091606.jpg

The same high gorge and long collar misproportionality
Are the coat buttons placed better here? 2x6?
I like the colors and patterns. Fit is typical.
Note sprezzy tucked pocket flap and cocked tie.

callback time
2014091606.jpg

The same high gorge and long collar misproportionality
Are the coat buttons placed better here? 2x6?
I like the colors and patterns. Fit is typical.
Note sprezzy tucked pocket flap and cocked tie.

I like the jacket pattern. On the full body pics on his blog the top buttons still seen quite spread. The tie pattern strikes me as dated but looks better from afar than unclose. The Malcom McClaren collar pin is overkill to me and I would change the square.

2014091605.jpg

i like this vibe, very summery. Massive knot. would do away with the patterned shirt. seems like wonky sleeve buttons but there is always something.

2014091801.jpg

another appealing vibe. funky zippered boots. like the tie with the ensemble, less so the square. Gorge/collar again? poor fit if the vents are any indication

2014091701.jpg

2014091703.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom