Leather Jacket Thread

Either that sale is still going four years later or they shut down soon after you got your jacket and they never pulled the website down!

they must have heard you:
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 4.48.30 PM.png

thoughts on this one? Biker car coat cool or Colonel Klinck?

AEDD2623-B836-49D2-AF94-1569311F4197.jpeg

If you want that buy a vintage Kriegsmarine coat. I'm not a belt guy. Half-belt sure. Why do you want the double rider set up? I think a cafe racer style would suit you more. Or a cossack-style

Just poking around thinking about a second leather jacket. The one I have now is fairly cafe racer, though in some insanely thick CXL8.

eh. i dont see you in this particular look. you really need a whole vibe going for this type of jacket.

Fair point.

I’m really just surfing jackets while on boring conference calls for esc. I get a lot of wear out of the leather jacket I have and am very happy with it. Anything else I kinda like the look of ... looks pretty much like what I already have.

I’m kinda gravitating to mandarin collar or cross body zip with lapel snaps. this moto jacket in brown is nice, but too many details and too biker cosplay (especially since I have engineer boots on order now). Definitely prefer no belt and no epaulets.

55984E55-8754-41BB-A47A-3E663C2E0231.jpeg
3C5313ED-3BB0-42EB-B13A-4A4BB18857CC.jpeg
50E16296-0069-455D-9D9A-49F1C9FCA7E6.jpeg

32076CDD-1EBF-40A0-8B87-99193D7BE38C.jpeg

Last edited:
Same jacket as above. A few more pics. The length is pretty good and it may not be as boxy as I’d thought in the waist -but the light weight goat and lack of a belt or a structured waist band makes it kinda flap open weird.

B95363E3-DA09-44BE-82A7-3AA47F0C6BFA.jpeg
0B3695B5-BB30-441D-9C34-5BEA71109DA0.jpeg
6EB18659-6A34-4B80-B05B-622F5FE02F8A.jpeg
FD14C8F4-32EF-472B-9821-983B8D22506F.jpeg

Same jacket as above. A few more pics. The length is pretty good and it may not be as boxy as I’d thought in the waist -but the light weight goat and lack of a belt or a structured waist band makes it kinda flap open weird.

View attachment 33613View attachment 33616View attachment 33614View attachment 33615

If you have to use man bun-neck beards, wrong jacket. Look, the double rider, Schott Perfecto, biker jacket is the single most over-exposed jacket given that it is currently trendy for everyone famous and their famous dogs to be seen in and posted to the interwebz for adoring fans to see.

I do like the last pic because he is wearing a tuque. I like the SWD vibe. When he wears the flat cap and the rest of the rig he looks like a skinner.

What jacket is that and what is the price?

Look at mil/civil models. Most of the Ramones are dead.

If you have to use man bun-neck beards, wrong jacket. Look, the double rider, Schott Perfecto, biker jacket is the single most over-exposed jacket given that it is currently trendy for everyone famous and their famous dogs to be seen in and posted to the interwebz for adoring fans to see.

I do like the last pic because he is wearing a tuque. I like the SWD vibe. When he wears the flat cap and the rest of the rig he looks like a skinner.

What jacket is that and what is the price?

Look at mil/civil models. Most of the Ramones are dead.

I’m definitely open to other styles -just seems the mandarin collar cafe racer and the double rider are different enough to the jacket I already have. Looking for mid weight or maybe lightweight if it isn’t too flimsy. Brown and fairly simple, streamlined.

That’s the P213. Retail a bit over a grand, though half that slightly used. I’m thinking about a lowball offer of $400 on one.

The Ramones sucked. Mil/civ, like Top Gun bomber jackets?

I’m definitely open to other styles -just seems the mandarin collar cafe racer and the double rider are different enough to the jacket I already have. Looking for mid weight or maybe lightweight if it isn’t too flimsy. Brown and fairly simple, streamlined.

That’s the P213. Retail a bit over a grand, though half that slightly used. I’m thinking about a lowball offer of $400 on one.

The Ramones sucked. Mil/civ, like Top Gun bomber jackets?
You could do a bomber jacket

Great minds

But ... it’s the same jacket. Are you mostly reacting to the doofus in the pic and the rest of the clothes he’s wearing?

FWIW, weekends I’m in boots, jeans and t shirt year round. Jacket in the colder weather. I tried a sweater this past winter, but I still gravitate back towards a solid jacket.

But ... it’s the same jacket. Are you mostly reacting to the doofus in the pic and the rest of the clothes he’s wearing?

FWIW, weekends I’m in boots, jeans and t shirt year round. Jacket in the colder weather. I tried a sweater this past winter, but I still gravitate back towards a solid jacket.
Yes. You dont want to be that doofus.

Second midlife crisis? Second leather jacket! 😄

489CF267-1338-4E66-9CA9-5DDD66C558E1.jpeg
D261ECCB-ADF7-47F3-AB5B-2FD6899AF943.jpeg

10DFFE5C-C92A-4C73-9D3B-0E3AD89A2586.jpeg

Last edited:
Good choices there but don’t zip the biker jacket up so high it looks dorky.
Shades in the top pic look good.
Shades in the bottom pic look all wrong.
If you got these second hand at a decent price (subjective of course!) you’ve done very well. Fit looks just about spot on in both cases which we all know is not easy to achieve with online purchases.

i dont know. its not really jumping out at me as a must keep. the brown one fits well but i definitely would like the brown better if it was in the style of the red jacket. looks more suited to your frame. plus you're not really going to keep it buckled like that and it just seems like its in the way. was this custom or do you have the opportunity to return/exchange it?

I picked it up in the end of season Schott 25% off sale though today was the first time wearing it. Istared at it for a few weeks deciding if I’d keep or return.

The fit is really good and it is very comfortable right out of the box (the burgundy heavy cxl above is still stiff even after four years of breaking in). I don’t have to decide yet, but I think I’m going to keep it.

Also trying on the clip-on shades again in an effort to like them. Wish I could send them back.

I picked it up in the end of season Schott 25% off sale though today was the first time wearing it. Istared at it for a few weeks deciding if I’d keep or return.

The fit is really good and it is very comfortable right out of the box (the burgundy heavy cxl above is still stiff even after four years of breaking in). I don’t have to decide yet, but I think I’m going to keep it.

Also trying on the clip-on shades again in an effort to like them. Wish I could send them back.
i dont know there's something about it i cant put my finger on. maybe its the double buckle effect. maybe its the color. can you exchange it for a different color?

love the fit. just not 100% on the style. but if you're happy with it then go for it. really can't do much better off the rack than that fit.

Mav and the Goose (RIP) were navy pilots, so that’d be a G1 I think. Pretty similar though.

Brown Double Rider (ish) fits well but colour is all wrong. Most brown leather only looks good if a bit darker, and as much as I hate to use the word, has a bit of patina. Or even better properly fucked up. It’s might look alright if you soaked it in stale beer in a bucket then dragged it for 100ks behind your Ute on a gravel road. Then threw on the floor of your shed for a year.

The burgundy one fits well but it needs a very tiny weeny bit of crumpling.

not for white t and jeans.

try it with paisley or large polka dot shirt. Black jeans. Or white jeans with turtle necked jumper.

Brown Double Rider (ish) fits well but colour is all wrong. Most brown leather only looks good if a bit darker, and as much as I hate to use the word, has a bit of patina. Or even better properly fucked up. It’s might look alright if you soaked it in stale beer in a bucket then dragged it for 100ks behind your Ute on a gravel road. Then threw on the floor of your shed for a year.

It’s new. That will come with time.

The burgundy one fits well but it needs a very tiny weeny bit of crumpling.

not for white t and jeans.

try it with paisley or large polka dot shirt. Black jeans. Or white jeans with turtle necked jumper.

Jesus. I’m getting images of The Triffids and other 80s bands in my head.

Anyone see the 15% off of Falcon Garments jackets? Noticed it in the RSS feed. Seems you can successfully run an MTO made-in-Korea leather jacket outfit as long as Drew is not involved.

Anyone see the 15% off of Falcon Garments jackets? Noticed it in the RSS feed. Seems you can successfully run an MTO made-in-Korea leather jacket outfit as long as Drew is not involved.

Is this something people are seriously contemplating?

Just poking around the Internet and now I’m looking at the Lewis Leather 402T in brown horsehide as a ‘light’ jacket. Under $1k, MTO, has some history and solid revues on quality.

Just poking around the Internet and now I’m looking at the Lewis Leather 402T in brown horsehide as a ‘light’ jacket. Under $1k, MTO, has some history and solid revues on quality.
Link? Im unfamiliar with that brand.

Link? Im unfamiliar with that brand.

OG English motorcycle, rocker and punk brand. Under $900 for MTO.

Im digging this model:

Better pics:

They do a lot of sheep leather, but I prefer this Mr Ed:

908A7251-F1B7-4DC4-B036-BDB644DC8321.jpeg
908A7251-F1B7-4DC4-B036-BDB644DC8321.jpeg
A8987D21-4A57-4580-ADA3-086D907D6E53.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom