Music Of The Moment

This was playing in Morrisons in Wimbledon and now I can’t get it out of my head

I mentioned this to a pal who still - unaccountably - likes bands that I have not heard mentioned since I was at school. He was not impressed.

a goodie

another guy plays 6 octaves on the trombone. I knew blokes like that who could play about 6 octaves and a tongue faster than a lizard.

Last edited:
Bob Dylan and Neil Young at no.1 and 2 in the UK album sales. That Murder Most Foul, is brilliant, shows that at 79 you can still have it in abundance. Creative talent that is. The Neil Young is a lost album from the 70s, so not new stuff. I am surprised at the CD sales, I thought everyone had gone streaming now.

Still reading Morrissey's autobiography. It's brilliant. Don't be put off by the controversy. I feel guilty for neglecting his solo stuff until comparatively recently. It's all in there, The Smiths court case, how vindictive forces who once courted him in the NME decided he was racist and a year later were exalting Brit Pop bands for draping themselves in the Union Jack, the passionate live following, how he only feels alive in stage and how he got old and fat.

I was astonished back in the early 2000's when I first walked into an Ipanema surfer bar, to hear How Soon Is Now being played. I had considered The Smiths, like Madness to be so colloquially English to be not transferable to other cultures.

How wrong I was, the Latino world gets Morrissey the Brazilians absolutely adore him, via Legio Urbana who cited The Smiths as a lyrical influences. I had work colleagues come up to me to explain Morrissey's lyrics, one being what does this mean: ''Some girls are bigger than other girls mothers''? Not exactly the best example of his unique talent, but still.

Bob Dylan and Neil Young at no.1 and 2 in the UK album sales. That Murder Most Foul, is brilliant, shows that at 79 you can still have it in abundance. Creative talent that is. The Neil Young is a lost album from the 70s, so not new stuff. I am surprised at the CD sales, I thought everyone had gone streaming now.

Still reading Morrissey's autobiography. It's brilliant. Don't be put off by the controversy. I feel guilty for neglecting his solo stuff until comparatively recently. It's all in there, The Smiths court case, how vindictive forces who once courted him in the NME decided he was racist and a year later were exalting Brit Pop bands for draping themselves in the Union Jack, the passionate live following, how he only feels alive in stage and how he got old and fat.

I was astonished back in the early 2000's when I first walked into an Ipanema surfer bar, to hear How Soon Is Now being played. I had considered The Smiths, like Madness to be so colloquially English to be not transferable to other cultures.

How wrong I was, the Latino world gets Morrissey the Brazilians absolutely adore him, via Legio Urbana who cited The Smiths as a lyrical influences. I had work colleagues come up to me to explain Morrissey's lyrics, one being what does this mean: ''Some girls are bigger than other girls mothers''? Not exactly the best example of his unique talent, but still.

Old rock stars are a funny band.

Ronnie Wood is one template - like a wizened old Evening Standard vendor with a bad wig on his head.

Rod Stewart is regularly in the tabloids in the same 1970s style clothes still trying to play Jack the Lad.

Morrissey is a newer version. So precious. I really enjoyed the Morrissey interview with Jonathan Ross where Ross gently sent him up. Morrissey was wearing a red coach drivers jacket. I don’t normally like Jonathan Ross but this was enjoyable.

Old rock stars are a funny band.

Ronnie Wood is one template - like a wizened old Evening Standard vendor with a bad wig on his head.

Rod Stewart is regularly in the tabloids in the same 1970s style clothes still trying to play Jack the Lad.

One of the kids godfather is the epitome of an ageing rock star, but in a very good way. He's the artist one, 70 now, but his birthday has been postponed to later this year. He has a full head of hair in grey, in early 1970s Robbie Robertson style and always wears paisley shirts. If he died his hair, he could pass for someone in their early fifties and well looked after. He has a collection of motorbikes and is big into The Beatles. And yes, he makes great money from his freaky paintings.

For 70, its a good look, much better than the alternatives.

Morrissey is a newer version. So precious. I really enjoyed the Morrissey interview with Jonathan Ross where Ross gently sent him up. Morrissey was wearing a red coach drivers jacket. I don’t normally like Jonathan Ross but this was enjoyable.

Jonathan Ross is his mucca by the way. Morrissey's interviews don't really capture him well.

Started reading Elton John's autobiography, I somehow expected it to be very shallow (it was a Christmas gift, all two of them), but it's not. He gets to the nitty-gritty with no campness, or glossing over things. A riveting read.

One of the kids godfather is the epitome of an ageing rock star, but in a very good way. He's the artist one, 70 now, but his birthday has been postponed to later this year. He has a full head of hair in grey, in early 1970s Robbie Robertson style and always wears paisley shirts.

That looks like a syrup to me.

1593345163883.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom