Music Of The Moment

I remember that was one of the top songs on the Rage countdown on ABC TV for months and months. I got so damn tired of hearing that song!

And now I am scouring my few remaining memory cells trying to remember the other band/song he liked back then. He had a VHS cassette of them playing at Atlantis Theme Park in Yanchep in the early 80s.

Things I find on the dark parts of my brain when I’m looking for something else:

Favourite of the Nashville bomber.

I did some work a few years ago in an office with a camp gay chap who was a huge Petula Clark fan. I only really know this song.

She was also commemorated with a plaque in a former Wetherspoon near me - local girl made good. She seems to have had a very long career, much of it based on the continent and she is fluent French speaker.

I did some work a few years ago in an office with a camp gay chap who was a huge Petula Clark fan. I only really know this song.

She was also commemorated with a plaque in a former Wetherspoon near me - local girl made good. She seems to have had a very long career, much of it based on the continent and she is fluent French speaker.

When singers used Standard English pronunciation and not mock Cockney.

How quaint, Downtown where all the stores are boarded up nowadays.

I finally sorted my vinyl collection from a decade ago into keep and sell piles. Had to listen to nearly all of them as most I only played once for my radio show and I couldn't remember the music. Some interesting bits (mostly hidden in albums) I rediscovered:

Sounds interesting - what was your radio show?

I was on the college radio (I didn't get a FM slot, so I was internet only).

I spent those years crate digging in NYC and playing whatever I found that was cheap and I liked. So I ended up with lots of 70s-00s era NYC club/DJ records: disco, r&b, funk, house, etc. records.

So I'm reading about Prince and apparently Neal Schon was Prince's favourite guitar player, from when he was in Santana and Journey. Plus Prince copied Journey's "Faithfully" to write Purple Rain.

“I want to play something for you, and I want you to check it out,” Prince told him (Jonathan Cain). “The chord changes are close to 'Faithfully' and I don't want you to sue me.”

Didn't they settle in OZ for a while?

‘Life on Mars’ season 2 episode 4.Netflix. I usually watch the whole thing on Netflix - episode by episode and nothing else. So that could mean weeks or months. Therefore Strawbs again. I never particularly liked them either. Consider yourself fortunate I am not posting Gene Hunts favourite Roger Whittaker. ‘I’m gonna leave old Durham Town...’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom