Music Of The Moment

Thruth Thruth will be thrilled to know I am thinking about getting tickets to see these young Turks when they play here next Saturday. Well, thinking about it … though it is past my bedtime and crowded nightclubs don’t sound as fun as they used to …

I shared my Spotify account with my wife last month so she could do a playlist for her dad’s funeral. Now look at what she’s done! 😂

ACF43481-A2F8-41DE-8815-1D65225DD566.jpeg

Sooooooo amazing for me. I don't credit yanks for more than their mercurial prowess but this line of music is absolutely unparalleled.

Kwak Dakyung is 12 years old and killing it on the trumpet.

More talented kids in the U.S youth orchestra. Such great sounds.

^ That's awesome!

He's in great voice for someone who must be about 60 years old now (although the song's called "Take on Me") - although I do miss the awesome rotoscoped music clip for the original version of the song.

^ That's awesome!

He's in great voice for someone who must be about 60 years old now (although the song's called "Take on Me") - although I do miss the awesome rotoscoped music clip for the original version of the song.
looks pretty damn good as well. he could pass for 45 easy.

Was watching an interview with my old mucca, Henry Normal, last week and his conclusion on Clarke: not nearly prolific enough. Same as mine. As we know, only two books of poetry, last one only recently released. I've got it, but haven't read it yet. Hard to make time for poetry these days.

Same as the heir of Bukowski, the LA machine shop poet, Fred Voss.

We need modern poets with the work ethic of Bukowski. Not one book of poesy every 30 years or so.

I’ve been getting into this guys solo stuff recently. Kinda campy 70s-80s horror movie soundtracks that blend Alice Cooper with Andrew Eldritch.

it was funny to see Danny Fields interviewed in the Stooges doco. I read his book about Hollywood excess with the Doors and Iggy as a teenager and just assumed he was dead now.

Speaking of 70s excess, I started watching the Alan Rickman (who Journeyman Journeyman says I resemble) movie CBGBs last night. It’s light and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom