Music Of The Moment

Absolutely.

Yeah, they are currently back on speaking terms and touring. They are supposed to be here next week actually. I'm tempted to go just because they could devolve into a fist fight at any given moment.
That would be beautiful, great music, beer and a kick-off on the stage...!!!!

They are a great band.

Benjamin Todd has a new solo album coming out in a few days, plus a new album from his ‘band’ (wife and a few friends, really - he’s still the driving creative force) Lost Dog Street Band. And the dude is now a full-time farmer/rancher in Kentucky.

As someone who has participated in all the formats, HR streaming services give you the biggest bang for your buck and you will listen to a wider range of music and new releases. The problem with vinyl is that it starts to soak up your spending money, I was last into records big time early to mid 2010's and I was easily spending €500/++ every month, sometimes a lot more. It's intense and it fills space too. I like that level of intensity though, I was big into Ivy style at the time and that delivered the same vibe.

But at this stage, my Qobuz HiRes subscription at €14.99 delivers much more on musical exploration and just setting playlists, sometimes just stuff you like the album cover, or track name. If I stuck with vinyl, I'd still be into subscriptions of Blue Note albums released on two 12'' 45rpms and the like. Very aesthetically pleasing and great talking pieces, but not where I need to be right now.

As someone who has participated in all the formats, HR streaming services give you the biggest bang for your buck and you will listen to a wider range of music and new releases. The problem with vinyl is that it starts to soak up your spending money, I was last into records big time early to mid 2010's and I was easily spending €500/++ every month, sometimes a lot more. It's intense and it fills space too. I like that level of intensity though, I was big into Ivy style at the time and that delivered the same vibe.

But at this stage, my Qobuz HiRes subscription at €14.99 delivers much more on musical exploration and just setting playlists, sometimes just stuff you like the album cover, or track name. If I stuck with vinyl, I'd still be into subscriptions of Blue Note albums released on two 12'' 45rpms and the like. Very aesthetically pleasing and great talking pieces, but not where I need to be right now.
Playing vinyl is is akin to a sacrament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom