NBA 2023-2024 Season

The end of the OKC - Mem game was nuts. Too bad OKC fell apart in overtime.

The Dubs, on the other hand, apparently hired a JV high-school team to stand in for them tonight. Jesus, what a shelacking.

I watched the end of the Dallas game live at the gym. That was an amazing shot by Vince carter.

Gotta love the braying and gnashing of teeth over the Donald Sterling. Serial racist, Donald Sterling. Wonder what's going to come down the pike from this one.

Raps looked good today. You gonna go to the game Fwiffo Fwiffo ?

Surprised that the Dubs were able to handle the Clips like that. Some good series this opening round. Much much better than I thought they would be.

No mate. I'm not really a big fan of basketball. I live a block away from the stadium so if I go to the patio on the seventh floor of my flat and crane my head out I can see the crowds and the outdoor television. I pass by the stadium every day going to work.

Actually I can hear the roars of the crowd with my windows and patio door closed so for me, it's better if they wrap it up soon.

Vince Carter is still playing? First Kevin Garnett, then Carter. I almost thought I'd see Tracy McGrady. Aren't there any new stars?

Maybe the Clippers are losing because of bad karma.

Amazed that Dallas was even able to come back and make that game close. That is a hell of a series.

Atlanta completely blew Indiana out. I have no idea what's happened to the Pacers but it's NOT good. Heads are going to roll over this.

Ok, I'm legitimately SHOCKED at how the NBA came down on Donald Sterling today. I never would have expected that in a million years.

Really? I'm not.
That a group of old white men, who had previously done absolutely nothing about this long standing racist and bigot, all of a sudden decided to take a strong stand doesn't surprise you in the least?

That a group of old white men, who had previously done absolutely nothing about this long standing racist and bigot, all of a sudden decided to take a strong stand doesn't surprise you in the least?

Not really. It was always kept in the NBA family. It was handled within. Other owners probably at one time said "tone it down". He probably said, fuck you!

Did you hear what PJ Carlesimo(I believe) said Sterling asked him when he interviewed for the coaching job? Once again, handled within. PJ didn't want his name out there as someone who put Sterling on blast.

This time Sterling did it to himself and they all wanted no part of defending him.

Also, the commish has been a part of the NBA for a long time. He had to have heard/seen/experienced it. Also kept in house. Now that TMZ put him on blast, everyone had no choice.

ANOTHER game 7. Go Mavs! This first round has been fantastic.

Shame the Raps lost. Think the Blazers are going to pull it out tonight.

No it's not a shame they lost. I had to dodge at least one reporter doing a live shot of the crowd going home because someone I was with didn't want to be on television for her husband to identify us. She couldn't push her way through the crowd to go home.

The office building near by hired extra security. I don't think extra security means standing next to an electrical outlet charging your iphone.

Anyway - last game today before my neighbourhood returns to normal.

And my neighbourhood goes back to sleepy doldrums. Well at least one side of it.

So its Brooklyn/Miami and Washington/Indiana in the East and OKC/LA Clippers and San Antonio/Portland in the West. Who do we have? I'm going Miami in 6, Indiana in 6, OKC in 6 and Portland in 7.

Miami all the way. Clippers deserve to lose because of bad karma.

Melo considering leaving the Knicks. Jackson is definitely shaking things up in a good way.

Melo considering leaving the Knicks. Jackson is definitely shaking things up in a good way.
YAY SOMEONE'S TALKING SPORTS OTHER THAN SOCCER!

I think he'll bolt. If Jackson were smart he'd pull the trigger on a trade now. Houston makes the most logical sense. Bring back my boy Jeremy Lin!

Some of the commentators also brought that up. Lin is a good fit for Houston, IMO. I just cannot see Melo/Harnden/Howard on the floor together since both Harnden and Melo are both scorers and will constantly demand the ball.

Melo is a great player if he was the only one on the team, but I do not see him as a part of the team which is what it takes to win championships.

I am wondering if Lebron would leave the Heat if they lose the championship this year.

Some of the commentators also brought that up. Lin is a good fit for Houston, IMO. I just cannot see Melo/Harnden/Howard on the floor together since both Harnden and Melo are both scorers and will constantly demand the ball.

Melo is a great player if he was the only one on the team, but I do not see him as a part of the team which is what it takes to win championships.

I am wondering if Lebron would leave the Heat if they lose the championship this year.
Lin isn't really a good fit because they a) have Patrick Beverly, who beat Lin out for the starting job, and b)have too many scoters and people who can't defend, as you've pointed out.

The theory behind adding Melo would be let Dwight handle everything in the paint and Beverly everything behind the 3. Melo's actually not as awful on D as his rep would have you believe. Harden is that awful though. I think it could work.

I think All of the Heat 3 will opt out. Whether they'll resign is a different story though.

I was surprised that Beverly got the starting job since I believe Lin is a better player and does play more minutes than PB in most games.

Currently I don't see Melo as a good fit for any team. He is too selfish.

I was surprised that Beverly got the starting job since I believe Lin is a better player and does play more minutes than PB in most games.

Currently I don't see Melo as a good fit for any team. He is too selfish.
Beverly's a better defender. A WAY better defender. But I'm a big Lin fan. I think he could do a lot more if given a better chance.

As for Melo, we'll see. I suspect he'll end up somewhere other than Miami or NY though.

Lebron opted out with the Heat today. Anyone want to gamble on where he'll end up?

I have a pipe dream that he, Carmelo, and Kevin Love will all swing to the Lakers somehow. Man's gotta dream.

I think he opted out to restructure the deals. He doesn't want to leave and can attract help.

I think Love ends up in Golden State.

Chandler and Fat Ray to the Mavs for Larkin, Calderon, and detritus.

And just in - Houston trades Omer Asik to New Orleans for a 2015 protected 1st round pick. I like this deal for The Pellies.

Last edited:
Chandler and Fat Ray to the Mavs for Larkin, Calderon, and detritus.

And just in - Houston trades Omer Asik to New Orleans for a 2015 protected 1st round pick. I like this deal for The Pellies.

Definitely. That front line needed support.

The Magic trade Arron Affallo to the Nuggets for Fournier and a 2nd round pick. Those schmucks in Cleveland have to be kicking themselves since they turned down the Magic's 4th and 10th pics + Affallo for the 1st pick. Putzes.

We should generalize the title. No point in starting a new thread (for the 3 of us).

This was fun to watch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom