Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

I work in a building across from a 7/11: open 24-7. At all manners of the day, there is a mixture of sewer heat vent smell on that corner, homeless people body odour and at least four days of seven where someone vomitted on the corner facing the store. Luckily the store is not al fresco but I don't know why that is such a popular corner to vomit.

During busy times of the work week, if you are passing by there is no way to avoid walking on the homeless person, or sewer, or vomit.

Living between two sports stadiums, I often see the leftovers of some wild evenings - nachos, hot dogs, chicken wings, pizza, vomit, etc. Pigeons and at times sea gulls make short work of these left overs. Yesterday I saw them pecking at leftover cheese nachos. They weren't very good at mixing the nachos and the cheese together. I saw them pecking at a hot dog inside an open bun - face up. There were some chicken wings which only had the flesh part consumed and a pigeon was pecking at the leftovers at the ends. Is this a form of cannibalism?

Living between two sports stadiums, I often see the leftovers of some wild evenings - nachos, hot dogs, chicken wings, pizza, vomit, etc. Pigeons and at times sea gulls make short work of these left overs. Yesterday I saw them pecking at leftover cheese nachos. They weren't very good at mixing the nachos and the cheese together. I saw them pecking at a hot dog inside an open bun - face up. There were some chicken wings which only had the flesh part consumed and a pigeon was pecking at the leftovers at the ends. Is this a form of cannibalism?

Nah, there is not enough real bird meat to qualify.

Yesterday, earlier in the day, I had exchanged text messages with a woman who is my contact for an organization I do some consulting with. Last night, I received a text notification, picked up the phone and found a photo of her pussy staring back at me. Now let me qualify this by saying that of all the pussies in the world that I might want to be sent a picture of, this is not one of them. Not even close. I mean I'd rather have Susan Boyle send me here's. This text was followed by 7 or 8 more in rapid succession as one might do when they have sent a picture of their pussy to the wrong recipient.

"Oh my God", "I'm so sorry" "it was for my boyfriend" "Fuck, fuck, fuck" "please delete" "how did this happen" "please delete" and so on.

So, after deleting the blindness-inducing photo of her labia vomitus I simply texted her back:

http://listcovery.com/sexting-failed/ we have a winner

Then I washed my eyes out with soap. And battery acid.

Yesterday, earlier in the day, I had exchanged text messages with a woman who is my contact for an organization I do some consulting with. Last night, I received a text notification, picked up the phone and found a photo of her pussy staring back at me. Now let me qualify this by saying that of all the pussies in the world that I might want to be sent a picture of, this is not one of them. Not even close. I mean I'd rather have Susan Boyle send me here's. This text was followed by 7 or 8 more in rapid succession as one might do when they have sent a picture of their pussy to the wrong recipient.

"Oh my God", "I'm so sorry" "it was for my boyfriend" "Fuck, fuck, fuck" "please delete" "how did this happen" "please delete" and so on.

So, after deleting the blindness-inducing photo of her labia vomitus I simply texted her back:

http://listcovery.com/sexting-failed/ we have a winner

Then I washed my eyes out with soap. And battery acid.

Awesome story.

Or just be blunt, I can get bush like that from the homeless woman across the street.

A new hotel is opening across the street from me. I saw an advert on television about the prime location, the new construction, and a posh neighbourhood. I looked around my flat last night and the dog (at least I hope it's dog) feces I have to wade past every morning to work and I wonder how things look so much better on television.

A pile of soiled nappies at the end of the bridge I walk under every day to work. I reckon the homeless person who has a sleeping bag in the middle moves to the end of the bridge to defecate.

A pile of soiled nappies at the end of the bridge I walk under every day to work. I reckon the homeless person who has a sleeping bag in the middle moves to the end of the bridge to defecate.
Even bridge-dwelling homelesses know basic sanitation regarding not shitting where you eat and sleep.

"y'know, strangely, I have a lot of experience being sat on by someone far heavier than me..."

Strange things overheard by me.

How is it that today's youth are so sluggish? Doesn't matter male or female. They move like slugs. Whatever happened to the vigour of youth?

Walking across campus today I was disgusted by these baby-elephant-walking students. They block pathways with their sluggardly bodies.

Not to mention, when did young chicks' asses get so big?

The widespread promulgation of Daisy Dukes has revealed to me consistently that the large majority of America's youth are obese at this point. Most college girls now carry around 20 pounds more then even 10 or 15 years ago it seems.

I'm no stick-thin-spring-chicken either, but dayum.

And there should be regulation on wearing yoga pants. I have never seen so much wrong perpetrated by the people who should not be wearing these.

I wouldn't say I see this daily since I don't live in a gypsy camp but there are poles near the entrance of the trains and I just saw a mother encourage her young daughter swing provocatively on it like a stripper.

Quite awkward. I'm casting my eyes down to my mobile.

There's a certain honesty in acknowledging that your offspring's best bet is bouncing a ball or dancing naked. They won't cure cancer or negotiate peace deals, just amuse others.

Autumn is settling in. The homeless people are now sleeping on sewer grates to keep warm. The northeast corner of my office building is a heavy pedestrian corner. A homeless person is almost always to be found on a grate that is in the way of people queuing to cross the street. On the days the homeless person is taking time off from being homeless, pigeons will sit on top of the grate to keep warm. Which tenant of the sewer stink is more hygenic?

I thought you were supposed to re-use those things. I wonder if intentionally discarded or just came off...
I imagine there'd be liquid spraying out the tube singe I suspect the bag is fairly rugged.

This Dunkin Donuts has a conference room. Never seen that before.
image.jpg

Pigeons squatting on a bed of leftover crumbs whilst little birds dive in from the left, right and centre to try to get a morsel.

The music from the different drivers in Uber: UberX, Black limos, and taxis. The ones that put on music must have some strange interpretation of their customer's preferences. I'm in one now and he was playing top 40 pop then switched to choir music.

I heard Spotify is linking with Uber to let you play your music when you hire a vehicle. I might join Spotify simply to get out of the music selection that's all over the map here.

Stopped at a red light waiting to turn left in rush hour this morning. Usually will take 2 to 3 lights to get through.

In the distance I see a woman sort of running. More like Olympic speed walking really. Lots of motion, minimal progress. She is not out for exercise, she is in a "hurry" to get to the University.

As I sit and wait my turn to turn, this almost running in place, bird-like creature makes painfully slow progress. Slugs flash their high beams to pass. A sloth runs circles around her. Still she carries on. She is not physically disabled, nor old. A 30 something emu on spindly legs with a backpack apparently filled with quicksilver. She dares not stop at the crosswalk lest she lose momentum.

One light. She moves like a dreadnought in stormy seas.

Two lights. She has crossed the street.

Finally I turn. I am abreast of her. I am crawling in start/stop traffic. She is now in my rear view.

The human caterpillar has reached her building and oozes inside.

I am sure she is spent after expending the caloric equivalent of her last month's feed of bird seed.

Surreal.

Last edited:
My flat is now surrounded by one building in construction, three other buildings similar to mine and one building where people are starting to move in but the top of the building is yet to be completed. The amount of dog feces I encounter behind the building has just tripled. I take the back door simply to avoid waiting for the lift but as it stands, it might be safer to go out the front door now. This was quite evident after we had some snowfall and the snow melted. I had to hop over sections of the sidewalk to get to the traffic lights.

The music from the different drivers in Uber: UberX, Black limos, and taxis. The ones that put on music must have some strange interpretation of their customer's preferences. I'm in one now and he was playing top 40 pop then switched to choir music.

I heard Spotify is linking with Uber to let you play your music when you hire a vehicle. I might join Spotify simply to get out of the music selection that's all over the map here.

If you're an uber driver, turn the music off.

My office is across from another building blessed (or cursed) with a 24 hour 7/11. There also happens to be a steamy sewer grate in front of the store's entrance. It's a busy intersection for commuters going home so a homeless person is always loitering there.

Today he was sitting in an office high back chair, beige in colour, rocking back and forth of the 7/11 barking at people for money. "Of course ya don't have change for me."

Tourists staring at their mobile trying to find directions. If it's someone solo, I can usually forgive them as long as they don't clatter into anyone. But if your whole clan or litter is standing awkwardly in the middle of pedestrian traffic with a wee one spilling over on to the road, you reckon asking one of the many people around you instead of relying on your teenaged son's mobile is worth a chance?

Dog urine in the snow...sometimes I think it might be human depending on the hue of yellow.

Dog urine in the snow...sometimes I think it might be human depending on the hue of yellow.
You can't beat the taste test to correctly identify it. Sarto can probably advise the difference between the two if you ask.

I remember the very first time I went skiing, my parents told me "Never eat the yellow snow!"

People going against the grain of pedestrian traffic during rush hour and then running to a curb with a pool of dirty water to hail a cab - and the black sewage splattering on me knee high.

Homeless people putting up prices on their signs. $2. When did the needy start dictating prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom