Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

At an airport restroom today and the guy next to me was swinging his body back and forth laterally with gusto while urinating.

Perhaps he was just succumbing to his animal instincts, and marking his territory??
 
Men who go out with women to smoke. Women are in cocktail dresses and the men continue to wear their jackets as if nothing is wrong it's 6c outside with 40km/h winds. (another table)

Afterwards, I am chastised for standing up when the woman from my table stands up to leave for the bathroom.
 
This afternoon I was in the Delancey St. subway station and decided to use their bathroom next to the F platform (I know). I went in and peed at the urinal while some homeless guy was in the stall, probably doing drugs. It smelled like dead livestock inside, but for some reason I felt like I should flush the urinal after peeing to sort of start the process of hygiene, hoping some good karma would bring cleanliness to the rest of the bathroom. Bad, bad idea. Water came oozing out of the urinal (which was already full of piss when I started going). I flooded the entire bathroom floor in about four seconds, and immediately ran out as soon as the guy in the stall started hollering when piss and water invaded his stall. Yikes.
 
This Latina woman kept typing "jajajajajaja" to me. I thought maybe it was a typo on her mobile, but it's so consistently a typo that I now suspect j is silent in Spanish so it's the equivalent of ha?
 
This Latina woman kept typing "jajajajajaja" to me. I thought maybe it was a typo on her mobile, but it's so consistently a typo that I now suspect j is silent in Spanish so it's the equivalent of ha?

Not silent but J is pronounced like an H in Spanish. Abandon your English pig dog bias. I hope you have not been calling Latinas name Juanita "jewanita"
 
Not silent but J is pronounced like an H in Spanish. Abandon your English pig dog bias. I hope you have not been calling Latinas name Juanita "jewanita"

We're conversing in English. Why is she injecting her language into English? Do Chinese people suddenly drop a few symbols into their prose?
 
We're conversing in English. Why is she injecting her language into English? Do Chinese people suddenly drop a few symbols into their prose?

How have you missed all the Sarto speak jajajaja that's been plaguing this forum for the past year?
 
We're conversing in English. Why is she injecting her language into English? Do Chinese people suddenly drop a few symbols into their prose?

Take it as a compliment Fwiffs. You genuinely made her laugh and she responded naturally.

When you sleep with her will you demand she orgasm in English?

you drop "lift" and "flat" into your posts. Nobody demands you use the common North American terms like "elevator" and "apartment". We just silently use google translate to figure out what you are saying.
 
How have you missed all the Sarto speak jajajaja that's been plaguing this forum for the past year?

I thought that was just forum slang or de rigeur. This woman doesn't participate in forums about clothing so I started to question it.
 
Take it as a compliment Fwiffs. You genuinely made her laugh and she responded naturally.
When you sleep with her will you demand she orgasm in English?

you drop "lift" and "flat" into your posts. Nobody demands you use the common North American terms like "elevator" and "apartment". We just silently use google translate to figure out what you are saying.

Why do people keep thinking I sleep with everyone? I'm getting old - I don't have a need for daily sexual conquests. I ignored her for two years and only started paying attention when she gave notice so the novelty will wear off soon.

I attribute my funny English to my mother who raised me to say serviettes instead of napkins.
 
Why do people keep thinking I sleep with everyone? I'm getting old - I don't have a need for daily sexual conquests. I ignored her for two years and only started paying attention when she gave notice so the novelty will wear off soon.

I attribute my funny English to my mother who raised me to say serviettes instead of napkins.

Serviettes is very Canadian as well. Compliments to your mother
 
It wasn't brains that got me to where I am today. I don't know why some people assume I am intelligent. I'm really not.

No worries, we all assumed it was your liver that got you where you are, not your brains.
 
I attribute my funny English to my mother who raised me to say serviettes instead of napkins.
Theres nothing funny about that. Its correct.
Napkins are things you put on babies bums. Serviettes you use at a dinner table.
I assume you can also use a knife and fork properly too
 
Theres nothing funny about that. Its correct.
Napkins are things you put on babies bums. Serviettes you use at a dinner table.
I assume you can also use a knife and fork properly too

I was always taught - although this may be incorrect - that a serviette was paper and a napkin was cloth.

So when you eat takeaway food, you're given serviettes, but when you're eating Christmas dinner at home, you're using linen napkins.

Napkin comes from "napery", a rather old-fashioned term for the household linens - table cloths and so on.
 
I was always taught - although this may be incorrect - that a serviette was paper and a napkin was cloth.

So when you eat takeaway food, you're given serviettes, but when you're eating Christmas dinner at home, you're using linen napkins.

Napkin comes from "napery", a rather old-fashioned term for the household linens - table cloths and so on.

This post makes me want to take a dirt nap.
 
Nylons...pantyhose....stockings - whatever. People are emerging from their parkas here so I'm getting a glorious chance to see women's legs. It's been unusually nippy this spring so all I get are ripped hosiery, nicks here and there. This woman sitting on the train has a rip from her thigh down to her ankle. As it is only her left leg, I will assume this is not by design. Do people not notice these things when they put them on?

And no, I'm not the john on the corner picking up street walkers.
 
Its late autumn heading toward winter but the weather has been, to use a phrase, unseasonably warm. Mainly only in the middle of the day as the mornings and evenings can have a bit of a chill. Sometimes its windy and rains a little bit. (not enough)

All this seems to be too much for most train travellers to grasp. So what we have on the train, in men and women, is some people in shorts and T shirts, others rugged up with the ubiquitous black fleece** "active wear" jacket and heavy coats. No one seems to have between weather gear - between weather is after all is the majority of the year here - or heard of "Melbourne Layering".

** do other countries have this Black Fleece Jacket syndrome - where what I would consider garden wear to be tossed in the washing machine each weak and once or twice worn to the supermarket in an emergency. Do other countries have the worn scruffy old black fleece emerging as the weekday office wear of choice in a urban (3m popn.) environment?
 
Its late autumn heading toward winter but the weather has been, to use a phrase, unseasonably warm. Mainly only in the middle of the day as the mornings and evenings can have a bit of a chill. Sometimes its windy and rains a little bit. (not enough)

All this seems to be too much for most train travellers to grasp. So what we have on the train, in men and women, is some people in shorts and T shirts, others rugged up with the ubiquitous black fleece** "active wear" jacket and heavy coats. No one seems to have between weather gear - between weather is after all is the majority of the year here - or heard of "Melbourne Layering".

** do other countries have this Black Fleece Jacket syndrome - where what I would consider garden wear to be tossed in the washing machine each weak and once or twice worn to the supermarket in an emergency. Do other countries have the worn scruffy old black fleece emerging as the weekday office wear of choice in a urban (3m popn.) environment?

Fleece vests are very popular in certain circles. Mostly in shades of navy, grey and green though, not much black.
 
Missed it by that much:
​
Yard Sald.webp

I would understand this error if the sign were typed; the 'E' and the 'D' keys are right next to each other. Got it. Copyediting error. But it's freaking hand-lettered.

I beat my brains in all morning trying to figure out the thought process that led to this mistake.
 
Not every day but often enough it annoys me. People who have hiking poles in Toronto. We barely have a hill for skiing - how much elevation is there when you're on foot in the city?
 
Tall women with heels. Not platforms - heels. How much taller do you need to be? 2m?
 
Kind of a strange routing: Cali to Vancouver to JAPAN to get to me in Saskatchewan, no?

image.webp
 
Tourist season is starting. I see a man struggling in the middle of the sidewalk with a paper map AND a mobile phone with map and I assume GPS. If you still can't figure out where to go in the middle of a block on a one way street, nothing will help you.
 
In the past week, I've been passed whilst walking around the city. One lady this morning ran past me on the street only to slow down about 20m in front of me and peck away at her mobile. I eventually passed her by the end of the block as she maintained her "I'm engrossed in my mobile" drunkard's stumble.

The day before, a man ran down the escalator and his bag clipped me. I was standing, by etiquette, on the right hand side. About 15m ahead, I passed by his tortoise like pace completely oblivious as to why someone needs to run down the escalator only to slow down to the pace of a senior citizen. Momentum from his backpack?
 
People buying luggage. Every time there is a sale on luggage, it attracts a horde of people - all ethnicities, all ages and backgrounds. How many pieces of luggage must one own? Where do you find space to stow multiple sets? What do you do with the old one?

From the looks of it, a lot of these folks are buying things that will end up being checked. How often do they travel?

I bought a Tumi bag five years ago and took it with me as a carry on for almost two hundred flights. It's still not broken. I reckon buying cheap luggage is like buying cheap shoes. People get a thrill to hit the sales after 12 months.
 
People buying luggage. Every time there is a sale on luggage, it attracts a horde of people - all ethnicities, all ages and backgrounds. How many pieces of luggage must one own? Where do you find space to stow multiple sets? What do you do with the old one?

From the looks of it, a lot of these folks are buying things that will end up being checked. How often do they travel?

I bought a Tumi bag five years ago and took it with me as a carry on for almost two hundred flights. It's still not broken. I reckon buying cheap luggage is like buying cheap shoes. People get a thrill to hit the sales after 12 months.
Often the brazilians here will buy luggage and fill it with shit they've bought to bring back home.
 
People who wear tight fitting or skin tight clothing but have folds. Do you look at yourself in the mirror and think, "I look natural and smashing!" or, "I'll sit at a table and no one can see me from the chest up anyway." It's the 18th century, fatty folds make me desirable and affluent.

Honestly, it's as if a man leaves the house with an atrocious tie, square and shirt combination and thinks - this won't bother me, much less other people.
 
For the past few days, I've noticed there's a dirty homeless woman around my neighbourhood. She has a sign today that reads Pregnant and Hungry and lifts her t-shirt up to show an enlarged belly. I wonder if it's fake or maybe she's suffering from what those starving African children suffer from on television.

Wouldn't starving the fetus initiate some kind of abortion?
 
The (((neighbours))). Free range cattle. Along with the wild horses they walk up and down the roads and into people's properties if not fenced. They are in the trees up behind our place now.
image.webp


Wait for me
image.webp


Hurry, we're losing them
image.webp


I think they went this way
image.webp
 
The law here is if you know your cattle are on the road and you've made no effort and someone hits one. It's the cattle owners fault.
 
Or you could slaughter one and put it in freezer. But they look like just bloody Hereford s anyway.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom