The Food Thread

20171224_181611.jpg

the stone crabs were glorious. price sucked, but what are you going to do.

Complain to the Christians that they sucked away prices after the New Testament

Copyright law not enforced at the time.

Complain to the Christians that they sucked away prices after the New Testament

Copyright law not enforced at the time.
sadly my complaints would have to go straight upstairs as this price hike was due to inclement weather screwing up the growing season.

The secret to microwave food

And to think my brother was trying to convince me to move to a condo-hotel - well basically a hotel - where you only have a microwave and a sink.

I need my oven. I need to sear and reduce stuff on a real stove. I actually hate using the microwave now.

You Americans and Mexicans,

I have discovered Chipotle, that is exotic on Europe.

Please tell me your favorite brands so I order some.

I’m still playing with the Joule gadget. I’m far from convinced it lives up to the hype, but I will say it turns out some flawless meat. Mostly, I’m using it for steaks, chicken and salmon. This is a steak I did with the Joule while I baked potatoes and then seared it for a minute on each side. The other pic is some chicken I’m cooking to go into a pasta alfredo (my 5 year old’s favourite meal).

B6C10E03-9CD8-4B5D-BBC1-8F2AAB8ED755.jpeg
A5422C5C-3059-4976-AF10-54FAC6256FD8.jpeg

Made some Canolones this weekend. Have this on the menu for Christmas day this year. Chicken livers in the meat sauce to really ramp it up.

20180805_130117.jpg
20180805_124232.jpg
20180805_170310.jpg
20180805_131705.jpg
20180805_183859.jpg

Christmas dinner this year was canalones, but I unfortunately didn't get pics....

finally tried out that La Croix sparkling water after a few people i know raved about it. i don't understand the appeal. it tastes like seltzer with a lime waved over the top of the glass.
Thats whats great about it. Seltzer is already excellent the essence of lime is just enough. The lime and cherry version the best tho.

I thought this thread was post photographs of things you cook.

Fwiffs - I hate to disillusion you but McGee writes on the science of cooking - not recipes.

Again - what was the original intention of this thread?

You did recommend those to me but I won't be cooking any until I shift flats at the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom