The Football/Soccer Thread

Brazil and Switzerland still scoreless after all the goals from today's fixtures.

Ecuador started with 3 points and is finally out after 4 points. Netherlands advance. Senegal too without Mane. Qatar finish with no points.

England finally woke up. Foden should have been on last game.

Iran can still go through with a draw.

USA through. Iran didn't do themselves any favours by only threatening at the very end.

Another incredibly boring match
Now it will get more boring. Pulisic was the best player.

Bad for him and Chelsea.

Aussies are up. Tunisia up to against the French B squad.

Aussies are watching at 330am in Fed Square in Melbourne. That's hard core.

Messi's penalty saved by Szczesny.

I just left the viewing party where an Argentine woman was screaming "Shoot" every time Messi was near the box.

That's a lot of goals Mexico has to score on Saudi Arabia if they want to advance.

Argentina now up by 2.

Reading that the decision between Poland and Mexico advancing on same goals and points is on number of yellow cards.

Poland just picked up a yellow card. 7 for Mexico. 5 for Poland.

My country has one goal and one own goal. My meeting finally finished so I can have a look at the results.

Morocco top the group.

Belgium's squad looks great on paper but the limited minutes and lingering injuries makes one wonder if the right players were fielded.

b398f833-5976-478d-a14d-f8eaddba0dbd.png

What?

At least Spain make it through. Germany needed to score five to make up that goal differential. What an insane group this is for leaving it all till the final game.

Germany out on group stages again.

Uruguay up by 2. South Korea now beating Portugal which means it's a goal differential shootout in the final minutes.

Portugal and South Korea through. Dani Alves will captain Brazil. I didn't even know he was still in the national squad.

Looks like Cameroon is waiting for Serbia and Switzerland to sort out who goes through.

I keep forgetting I see Xherdan Shaqiri once or twice a year when he plays here for Chicago Fire.

Cameroon finally score...and hoping Serbia will score.

A player with a yellow card scores and takes off his shirt to get a second yellow and red.... Proof that footballers aren't always the most intelligent people.

Will be interesting what Van Gaal does if the score holds. Rest some players or go for the kill. Doubtless people saw what happened to Uruguay yesterday.

Will be interesting what Van Gaal does if the score holds. Rest some players or go for the kill. Doubtless people saw what happened to Uruguay yesterday.

You go for the kill! It increases confidence.

_127864379_germanfrontpage.jpg

"I think there's a lot of talent in that squad and they haven't found their high years yet," he said.

"We have one wonder child, there's no doubt about it, in terms of performances in Musiala - he is an exceptional, exceptional player.

"There is a lot of talent, they can build things fairly quickly towards the Euros."

Most nations only have one wunderkind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom