“I’m selling them the right way and the wrong way. When I’m out of state, like in Atlanta and Georgia and all that, it’s all legal, but New York, it’s completely illegal. So when I bring (expletive) up here and sell it up here, that’s illegal,” Bassier allegedly said in a wiretapped phone conversation.
Malum prohibitum: bad laws making criminals out of good people.
I really want to know how a toddler is grasping a side arm, much more actually pulling a reasonably stiff trigger. Even given the criminal parental negligence, I'm skeptical.
Police fatalities up in 2015, gun deaths down
Texas tops the 2015 list for the most number of officer fatalities, followed by Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi.
Can anyone guess what immediately comes to mind about these states in my mind?

I really want to know how a toddler is grasping a side arm, much more actually pulling a reasonably stiff trigger. Even given the criminal parental negligence, I'm skeptical.

I suspect it would be quite possible with a Glock with the standard trigger pull. Given the popularity of those pistols, I suspect they figure in many, if not most of these shootings. If a conventional single-action auto pistol is kept in "Condition One" (cocked, chamber loaded, safety engaged) and the kid pushed off the safety, he could easily fire the gun. Also, many of these shootings may involve tiny "vest pocket" pistols that even a small child could handle with relative ease.

That's a bit of a loaded question and nearly half of those polled don't thing background checks would make a damned bit of difference.
ebg6k4eei0okrqia8xuuwq.png
myfsuefjyky0m34q00bfxg.png

All retail and private interstate firearms sales already require a NICS background check.

The poll looks at people's attitudes to expanding the federal background check to local private sales. Most people don't believe this would affect mass shootings, I cording to the sample.

Armed Robber’s Family Complains He Was Shot Too Many Times

“Some people don’t actually know how to use guns, They go to firing ranges, but it’s not the same as a bullet going into someone’s body, it’s not the same as a bullet going into flesh. They should be able to wound first, kill next. He didn’t deserve to get shot multiple times.” ~ Igbinosa Oronsaye, Gildersleeve’s [the late armed robber's] stepson

Fuckery at its finest. Of course blame anyone & everyone else EXCEPT the moron with a mask and a fake gun trying to rob the place

I don't think anyone "deserves" to be shot multiple times. I think an adversary should be shot as many times as necessary to neutralize the threat he presents. If he is taken out by the first shot, that's fine. You haven't wasted any valuable ammunition.

"Igbinosa Oronsaye"--what kind of a name is that?

Keep shooting until the threat is neutralized, not shoot, wait and assess.

I don't think anyone "deserves" to be shot multiple times. I think an adversary should be shot as many times as necessary to neutralize the threat he presents. If he is taken out by the first shot, that's fine. You haven't wasted any valuable ammunition.

"Igbinosa Oronsaye"--what kind of a name is that?

Nigerian surname

Keep shooting until the threat is neutralized, not shoot, wait and assess.
Shoot until threat is neutralized, shoot some more, assess for other threats, and then empty the magazine into the leaking hulk. Carry anything other than a .45 ACP and blame it on shitty stopping power when the responders get there. Dead men don't sue.

Shoot until threat is neutralized, shoot some more, assess for other threats, and then empty the magazine into the leaking hulk. Carry anything other than a .45 ACP and blame it on shitty stopping power when the responders get there. Dead men don't sue.

I know it may sound satisfactory, but pumping "finishing shots" into a downed opponent is likely to land you in trouble with the law even in the case of a shooting that was initially righteous.

I know it may sound satisfactory, but pumping "finishing shots" into a downed opponent is likely to land you in trouble with the law even in the case of a shooting that was initially righteous.
Can you put him down and then shoot him every time he twitches?

And no joke; in the military we're taught that if you have to use your sidearm, use a lot of it. Do not give the aggressor a chance to get back up, or to keep coming and run you down as he's bleeding out. Especially with the craptacular 9mm ball we carry.

Civilians in a shooting are usually advised to shoot to stop the threat, not shoot to wound or shoot to kill. If you can dump 14 rounds center-mass before he drops, the grand jury should be fine with that.

What you don't want to do is shoot, pause, assess and then shoot again unless that next shot is really required to stop the threat. Bystander-witnesses are also likely to construe this badly.

Can you put him down and then shoot him every time he twitches?

And no joke; in the military we're taught that if you have to use your sidearm, use a lot of it. Do not give the aggressor a chance to get back up, or to keep coming and run you down as he's bleeding out. Especially with the craptacular 9mm ball we carry.

Big difference between military and civilian self-defense shootings. Let us bear in mind that the vast majority of civilian self-defense shootings involve bad guy vs. bad guy, and the line between legitimate self-defense and second-degree murder is often a very blurry one.

Yeh, that's the thing about rights and freedoms. If you are a law-abiding citizen who chooses or is suspected of joining or endorsing a political party or group labelled as terrorist, you can still vote and you can still purchase firearms.

If you are suspected of supporting the KKK, Aryan Brotherhood, Animal Liberation Front or the ELF, you can't be stripped of your rights until you actually commit some crime. Being suspected of supporting these groups isn't a crime. Crazy, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom