The James Bond Thread

Fwiffo

Supporter
The new James Bond film is finished but delayed due to coronavirus. Is that a social decision or a commercial decision that potential box office revenues would be negatively impacted?

Journeyman

Supporter
^ I suspect it's a commercial decision. Various other movies have been delayed, too, and in many cases this happened a few weeks ago, before the more serious social distancing rules were introduced (depending upon where people are located, of course).

I walked past my local multiplex cinema yesterday and it was deserted - the doors were half shut, there was no-one at the ticket desk, and I couldn't see anyone walking around the foyer area.

I was rather looking forward to seeing Mulan and Black Widow, but we'll just have to wait.

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
The new James Bond film is finished but delayed due to coronavirus. Is that a social decision or a commercial decision that potential box office revenues would be negatively impacted?
revenues. no one will be going to the movies for a long while. mulan got delayed as well.

Pimpernel Smith

revenues. no one will be going to the movies for a long while. mulan got delayed as well.
The current celebrity culture and entertainment industries are going to get swept away by this. It will be like The Jazz Singer, all the old stuff from that world will be too old fashioned for mass consumption.

Top Bottom