The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

I remember when I used to live in China, we had to recite government propaganda slogans every day: communist party, socialist system, Marxist and Leninism, and Mao's thoughts.

I agree that our system is not perfect and corruption is rampant, but trust me a socialist system will even be more rampant. Mao used the similar rhetoric to elevate himself to the top, and the rest is history.

These systems are all equal piece of shit elite mouthpieces. They just divvy it up differently, sell you different propaganda, and rights. You can play the freedom card, but America is now a police state, so I have trouble drawing the large distinctions you are.
 
These systems are all equal piece of shit elite mouthpieces. They just divvy it up differently, sell you different propaganda, and rights. You can play the freedom card, but America is now a police state, so I have trouble drawing the large distinctions you are.

I agree with you. The problem is the general voters on both sides are too clueless to realize that both establishments want bigger government, more power, and more control. The GOP spews individual rights, and yet no abortion, no gay marriage, etc. The libs toss out equality for everyone, and yet more government, more bureaucracy.

I know this argument is weak, but at this point, I want the less of two evils. In my opinion, more corporatism/cronyism is better than socialism/central bureaucracy.
 
I think we are still a land of law and equality, albeit the decline. The horror of socialism really scares me and I come of a party raised family. Both of my parents attended central party school.
 
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/23/u...n-marco-rubio-matchup-unnerves-democrats.html

A bunch of old white Democrats have decreed that Marco Rubio isn't Hispanic enough.

If only there were a term for believing people of a certain ethnic background should all behave a certain way.

Hopefully, Marco will show up at his next event in a guayabera or faded green BDU's with a painter's cap. Or even better, riding a burro while wearing a sombrero.
 
Lulz on this talk of converting Hispanics to the GOP. A small sect of Florida Cubans is the only sizable segment that will ever exist, as latter-day immigrants favor the free stuff party despite their personal objections to the lefty social issues.
 
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/23/u...n-marco-rubio-matchup-unnerves-democrats.html

A bunch of old white Democrats have decreed that Marco Rubio isn't Hispanic enough.

If only there were a term for believing people of a certain ethnic background should all behave a certain way.

Hopefully, Marco will show up at his next event in a guayabera or faded green BDU's with a painter's cap. Or even better, riding a burro while wearing a sombrero.

If he does the 2nd with a tequila bottle in his hand, then he has my vote.
 
FTFY. Unless you believe she actually bought and installed a private email server so that she could just turn all of her emails back over upon request.
Oh I'm sure she's hiding all sorts of horseshit. I seriously doubt that the Benghazi shit is the worst of it though, whatever that might be.
 
I think we are still a land of law and equality, albeit the decline. The horror of socialism really scares me and I come of a party raised family. Both of my parents attended central party school.

The social democrat angle is easily defeated by two words: higher taxes

Then throw in more welfare for more dirtbags and poof, it will be gone
 
The social democrat angle is easily defeated by two words: higher taxes

Then throw in more welfare for more dirtbags and poof, it will be gone

I have seen a lot of support on fb for Bernie by hipsters and union workers. He is definitely gaining momentum at a rapid rate, faster than Lezbo Clinton.
 
Bernie Sanders has officially launched his campaign. Sadly I would have never imagined a socialist to run for president who has the possibility to gain momentum.
 
Bernie Sanders apparently believes all women fantasize about being gang raped by three men. Or at least he believed so in the seventies. Thankfully he's a Democrat, so we won't have to hear weeks of sanctimonious hectoring by the media over something a guy said forty years ago.

Fully endorsed by the porn industry.
 
Other things Democrats believed in the seventies - Jim Jones and Fred Phelps were nice people and paragons of liberal values.

The great thing about constantly changing/evolving your policies/beliefs/values is that you never have to go back and look at how badly you fucked up on some of them.
 
Other things Democrats believed in the seventies - Jim Jones and Fred Phelps were nice people and paragons of liberal values.

The great thing about constantly changing/evolving your policies/beliefs/values is that you never have to go back and look at how badly you fucked up on some of them.

In the 70s lots of old ladies said that Richard Nixon seems like such a nice boy. He was never able to come to grips with what he did as a president (and candidate) either. Seems like it's more a symptom of the political class than of democrats.
 
As Perry warmed to Ron Paul in the past, I welcome him in hopes of shifting the Overton window on certain issues.
300px-Overton_Window_diagram.svg.png
 
Looks like the unemployment rate will go down a bit during the primaries.
Each candidate needs folk to cheer for him.

"Luckily" the election campaign rubbish here is over, for now.
The Tory government has already announced to sell off the remaining public shares in the Royal Mail.
I'm sure the winning bidder will also make a little contribution to ensure the party's future.
It's an attempt to reduce the deficit by a whooping 1,5 billion pounds, which represents 0.1% of the National debt.
In order to get that money back the new shareholders/ owners will lower the wages and increase the prices, while at the same time reduce the service. A total win- win situation, at least for the new owners.
 
Hillary needs to smile less or get a face lift. Or have a "Doris Day" filter on the cameras pointed at her. Like so:

HC%201_zpskuaz9y4z.jpg~original


I'm sure Jeb called in a few favours from the companies that gained from the Iraq war. So he'll have a lot of money to spend.
 
Hillary needs to smile less or get a face lift. Or have a "Doris Day" filter on the cameras pointed at her. Like so:

HC%201_zpskuaz9y4z.jpg~original


I'm sure Jeb called in a few favours from the companies that gained from the Iraq war. So he'll have a lot of money to spend.

I know. I'll never forget when the State of Florida invaded Iraq. Good times.
 
I'm sure Jeb called in a few favours from the companies that gained from the Iraq war. So he'll have a lot of money to spend.
Bush Family War Profiteering » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
Marvin and Jeb Bush are also highly successful members of the family war profiteering team. Marvin is a co-founder and partner in Winston Partners, a private investment firm, and Jeb is an investor in the Winston Capital Fund, which is managed by Marvin.

Winston Partners is part of the Chatterjee Group, which owned 5.5 million shares in a company called Sybase in 2001, a firm that had contracts worth $2.9 million with the Navy, $1.8 million with the Army and $5.3 million with the Department of Defense. All totaled, the federal procurement database listed the firm’s contracts that year as $14,754,000.

And, Sybase was not the only company delivering war profits to Marvin and Jeb. The portfolio of Winston Partners also included the Amsec Corp, which, in 2001, was awarded $37,722,000 in Navy contracts.

Marvin’s business partner, Scott Andrews, sat on the board of directors at AMSEC, and the company’s CEO was Michael Braham, who formerly worked for Paul Bremer, the leader of the Coalition Provisional Authority responsible for handing out contracts Iraq.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom