The Prime Minister accuses the UK of "cringing embarrassment" about its history and traditions.
www.bbc.com
"'We have come to the right conclusion which is a creative conclusion, an artistic conclusion... it is there in a medley of instrumentals playing around sea shanties and all of that and I suspect it will be back next year.'
The concert is due to take place on 12 September, without an audience and with limited performers at the Royal Albert Hall, due to concerns around Covid-19.
Responding to the news of this year's changes, Mr Johnson told reporters: 'I cannot believe... that the BBC is saying that they will not sing the words of Land Of Hope And Glory or Rule Britannia! as they traditionally do at the end of The Last Night of The Proms.'
'I think it's time we stopped our cringing embarrassment about our history, about our traditions, and about our culture, and we stopped this general fight of self-recrimination and wetness.'
'I wanted to get that off my chest,' he added."
Absolutely agree with the selection of music but not quite sure belting out jingoistic anthems in an enclosed space is the smartest thing to do when you have 1K plus infections a day.