- Messages
- 9,933
The White House correspondents dinner was last night, I think. It's such a useful thing to do with the Obama time.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Is this a serious question?Why can't the right drop the religious BS.![]()
Is this a serious question?
Jokes about smoking pot, while 5,000+ are sitting in federal prisons for weed. I'm not sure we've ever had a president so in love with himself.
Is this a serious question?
Alternatively, if the Dems could lose their religious animosity and tone down the abortion and sodomy advocacy, the moral majority might not rule them out altogether.
What are your thoughts on the Torries wholesale selloff of the NHS?![]()
The Tories here in the UK kept saying that they are responsible for the fastest growing economy in the Euro zone.
Latest figures show that it's not the case. What is their response?
"It would have been worse if other parties had been in power"!
Politicians, you just gotta love their logic!
The Tories here in the UK kept saying that they are responsible for the fastest growing economy in the Euro zone.
Latest figures show that it's not the case. What is their response?
"It would have been worse if other parties had been in power"!
Politicians, you just gotta love their logic!
"The stimulus failed because it wasn't big enough"
"A bunch of Saudis and Algerians bombed us, let's get revenge by invading Iraq."
"I'm a proud member of the most transparent administration ever. That's why I bought a personal email server for my work emails."
"I'm opposed to government bailouts and Obamacare. Except when they make me a billionaire."
The hipster men will be all over them to prove their devotion to the feminist cause.
It'll be a sea of long beards and dark rimmed glasses at rallies.
Elizabeth Warren's name has been tossed in the mix by the media, though she vehemently denies her potential bid. I will pack up and go back to the old country if Clinton/Warren become running mates and win.
I do wonder if a Girl Power ticket would alienate enough people or if the lefty "men" would be tripping over themselves to prove their feminist credentials.
America is not ready for an Injun President
What's an Injun?
What are your thoughts on the Torries wholesale selloff of the NHS?
This never ceases to amaze me either. US Presidential debates epitomize the appearance of policy discussion when nothing in fact gets said.
Surprised? It's designed to be that way.
[QUOTE="Scherensammler, post: 104735]
David Cameron was on Radio 2 today. It was quite impressive how he avoided to answer a question directly, or at all!
It is all about acting and no action
This is really an art form. I've recently gotten into politics and been depressed out how quickly I've picked up this skill.
I'm actually okay with that.No, we won't change dividend income taxation.

Do you think you have enough material for a thread on this? I think it would be cool to get an inside baseball view on this.This is really an art form. I've recently gotten into politics and been depressed out how quickly I've picked up this skill.
Do you think you have enough material for a thread on this? I think it would be cool to get an inside baseball view on this.
I do. But I really need to wait until after I leave the position to give any specifics.
When evading a question, I usually say the vague evasion. If I get asked again, I'll repeat it and then say something like "And that's about as much as I can tapdance on that subject" (this line sounds great when delivered with a light apologetic Gulf Coast drawl and a grin), "but I can talk about blabhblah" followed by a long statement on blahblahblah, ended by "so what are ya'll's thoughts on blahblahblah?" and then call on someone who wants to talk about blahblahblah.
I also use a lot of strawmen. Not the Obama "there are those who.....", but more rhetorical. I'm not a rabid partisan, and my background is in the law and auditing, so I'm pretty neutral in work. I say things like "well, the liberal argument is..... andsome conservatives argue....." and then give my own viewpoint. Since I represent a conservative, I sometimes try to give the most extreme conservative argument, and paint it as such, and then say, "but I think (my Boss) and I, like most conservatives would agree that (insert more moderate conservative viewpoint that now seems even more rational and moderate)." It really all depends on your audience and your message.