Leitmotif
Eating his po boy w/oyster,petrosyan caviar,& gold
- Messages
- 4,621
I love how the rolling stones, bunch of commie fucks keep making fun of the GOP, but they still can't acknowledge how shitty is the DNC and it only has two days so far!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I love how the rolling stones, bunch of commie fucks keep making fun of the GOP, but they still can't acknowledge how shitty is the DNC and it only has two days so far!
View attachment 17480
what?DNC should be closed down for carrying around Communist flags and not even having one US flag, although I hear this has now changed. What a bunch of assholes.
what?
Commies.Lies
Commies.
Which is one of the reasons Trump is, and this is serious, interesting. Literally no one in the establishment wants him. That actually makes him attractive.I believe Hilary was selected years ago by the elites. The elections are just a show for the slaves so they can falsely believe they have a choice, IMO.
he's gonna snag some of the Bernie voters with this shit.doghouse your boy Terry is shitting the bed again.
“Slaves that worked there were well fed and had decent lodgings provided by the government”
I also found this fairly hilarious. Bill O'Reilly, rebutting Michelle Obama's noting of slave labor used to build the White House.
He's actually right. But they were still slaves and he's clumsy for trying to point that out. A better argument would be that Michelle could always not sleep there if she's that upset about something that happened almost 200 years ago.
Its anything, but joyous IMO.He's actually not. They were woefully treated and slept in a single barn.
Sounds to me like Mrs. Obama wasn't upset, but joyous that things have changed so much.
yes, but the comparison was to the treatment of other slaves, not to the treatment of the white population. as narrow minded of a point to make as that is.He's actually not. They were woefully treated and slept in a single barn.
yes, but the comparison was to the treatment of other slaves, not to the treatment of the white population. as narrow minded of a point to make as that is.
of course. he's got to get the intellectual high ground somehow.Yeah, that's pretty much my point. Only O'Reilly would think it was worth bringing up.
He's actually not. They were woefully treated and slept in a single barn.
I agree with your point on Ms. Obama, but I think your views on how the slaves were treated lack context. This was a time when white soldiers and sailors were routinely whipped for offenses and poor whites lived in really shitty conditions.
I highly recommend reading Slavery in Florida by Larry Rivers (a black professor at FAMU). Sorry for the tangent, but it's interesting to read about the differences in slavery as administered by the English, Dutch, and Scots-Irish vs. as administered by the Spanish. The Spanish employed a system where the slaves were given a task to do in a given day and once they were done, they had the rest of the day off. They were expected to be mostly self-sufficient. (Many slaves, regardless of ownership, had Saturday off and almost all had Sunday off). The WASPs employed a system where the slaves had to work from sun-up to sun-down and were expected to tend to their own affairs on Saturdays or at night. They were given more supports than the Spanish system, but I have no doubt the quality was minimal. Florida began with WASPs using the Spanish system but then as the Spanish influenced waned, importation of slaves stopped, and the Spanish-system's competitive economic disadvantage evidenced itself even more, most of Florida adopted the WASP system.
But as I stated previously, the White House builders were still slaves and that's shitty. And it's shitty for a modern-day white guy to act as if slavery was acceptable.
That sounds like a really good read, I'll check it out.
It presents a real moral conundrum. I think society's view of slavery has undergone a dramatic pendulum swift - from the ridiculous "those happy negroes just loved working" nonsense of Gone With the Wind to the over-the-top, in-no-way-economically-logical barbarism depicted in Django Unchained. I think the real answer lies more toward Django but it's still a little jarring to watch that movie and think "oh come on, it wasn't that bad."
It was bad, but like all things, there's a lot of nuance that's uncomfortable or difficult to deal with. Kind of like how we scorn Sea World because of it's animal cruelty yet ignore the fact that millions of Americans keep castrated wolves in 900 square foot apartments for 23.5 hours a day.
We're all horrifically cruel, it's just how cruel that is up for debate.
I also found this fairly hilarious. Bill O'Reilly, rebutting Michelle Obama's noting of slave labor used to build the White House.
