The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

Did Grand Potentate Grand Potentate already post this? It seems like something he would post.

He did. I remarked y'all have a warped sense of the constitutional monarchy. You hate it. But you still want to join it (by popular election or appointment).

But I'm one of three supporters of the constitutional monarchy on this forum so who listens to me? No one.

He did. I remarked y'all have a warped sense of the constitutional monarchy. You hate it. But you still want to join it (by popular election or appointment).

I don’t think it’s an issue many people care about that strongly, though most Australians would prefer to ditch Lizzo. The cost and nuisance deter more people than any loyalty to the old empire.

For a minute I thought you meant the singer.

I won't belabour the point but a head of state without political party influence is an asset in an age where low 30 percent popular vote can get you a majority in parliament and the tendency of the masses to vote for the hellspawn between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler who can play the social and traditional media game.

If the head of state or president in this hypothetical Republican system was white, she would still stick her first up. If it was aboriginal, some black would do it. So on and so forth.

For a minute I thought you meant the singer.

I won't belabour the point but a head of state without political party influence is an asset in an age where low 30 percent popular vote can get you a majority in parliament and the tendency of the masses to vote for the hellspawn between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler who can play the social and traditional media game.

If the head of state or president in this hypothetical Republican system was white, she would still stick her first up. If it was aboriginal, some black would do it. So on and so forth.

Do you consider the Governor General a political appointee?

Do you consider the Governor General a political appointee?

No. I hope people don't appoint card carrying party members.

Then when the going gets tough for your party you can prorouge parliament until whatever issue of the day blows over.

6EF35B4B-9F60-4CD8-855F-917F2B1B2575.jpeg

I hope they're not using the same dodgy voting machines as the US

"Mr Bolsonaro has repeatedly sought to discredit Brazil's voting system.

He has claimed that electronic voting machines enable cheating, because of the absence of a paper trail."

What was dodgy about them, other than the crazy claims by Trump’s teams of clowns?

I was using single irony.

I saw a recent photograph of Hunter Biden and thought it was a bit tragic whatever he was doing to maintain his hair is going the same way of his father. Then I came across a lot of articles about his laptop, drug use, etc. and the 30,000/month the Secret Service use to rent the home next to his to keep surveillance.

L

I saw a recent photograph of Hunter Biden and thought it was a bit tragic whatever he was doing to maintain his hair is going the same way of his father.
I thought he only pulled other people’s hair ;)

Bungling of coronavirus. A GDP that shrank during 2020 and never recovered. High unemployment amongst youth in their 20s. Islamiphobia. Under class of domestic help and migrant workers. BJP and Modi practising dirty politics.

Happy independence India (and Pakistan, and Bangladesh).

Let's fire five over those islands and into the coast on the west side. That'll show them.

"The Japanese embassy in Washington said it believed four missiles fired by China had passed over Taiwan's capital Taipei."

"'It's very important that we contest this type of thing. I know that the gorilla in the room is launching missiles over Taiwan,' Vice Admiral Thomas told reporters in Singapore. 'It's irresponsible to launch missiles over Taiwan into international waters. If you don't challenge it... all of a sudden it can become just like the islands in the South China Sea [that] have now become military outposts. They now are full functioning military outposts that have missiles on them, large runways, hangers, radars, listening posts.'"

Maybe she's going to roll it into her presidential bid.

"Locals say she has appeared in public a few times in recent weeks — to meet with members of the Jewish community, for example — but her campaign had no public events scheduled over the weekend or on Monday. On Saturday, in a rally more appropriate to a town council race than one of the most closely watched congressional races in recent political history, about a dozen of her supporters waved Cheney signs at cars passing the town square. There was no trace of the candidate.

On television, Cheney's ads are focused on her fight with Trump — the apostasy that alienated her from most GOP voters here and across the country. Cheney, the third-ranking Republican at the start of this Congress, was virtually read out of the party for voting to impeach Trump and taking a leading role in the House inquiry into his role in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol.

She is likely to finish the race with a substantial unspent war chest, reflecting both the ease with which she raised money from anti-Trump donors across the country and the futility of dumping millions of dollars into a lost cause. Three weeks ago, she still had $7.4 million in the bank in a state where TV ads are cheap."

Personally I'd like to see more partying and more videos.

I have no objections to this being reposted daily. Preferably with additional pics.

I have no objections to this being reposted daily. Preferably with additional pics.

Were they expecting her to dance with a 2m halo around her? And there is a bloke who put his hand on her ass. He's not cupping.

All of this sounds mild compared to the days of Berlusconi.

And if it were Merkel dancing away till 4am, no one would think the free megabytes on their mobile would be worth using to snap photographs.

There's no crime being young and hot.

Were they expecting her to dance with a 2m halo around her? And there is a bloke who put his hand on her ass. He's not cupping.

All of this sounds mild compared to the days of Berlusconi.

And if it were Merkel dancing away till 4am, no one would think the free megabytes on their mobile would be worth using to snap photographs.

There's no crime being young and hot.
The point is - cocaine references aside - there's a lack of gravitas, she hangs around with a bunch of kids/boy band types shaking her ass.

First rule of business for somebody in that position when you're going to let rip - no phones, no filming, ever.

Total lack of judgement. She looks better when she's high as a kite, I'll give her that.

Shit, imagine if the Trump family were made to take random drug tests! 🤣

4BB4F82D-7413-49B2-B229-4F2BB2A48BFD.jpeg

"Hundreds of the former prime minister's supporters gathered outside his home in Islamabad after news of the investigation broke, vowing to 'take over' the capital if police tried to detain him.

Draped in the flags of of Mr Khan's party, they have camped out at the gate of his hilltop residence of Bani Gala, chanting and singing in support of the former leader.

It is not known if he is at home."

Maybe he has a getaway plane to return to London.

The point is - cocaine references aside - there's a lack of gravitas, she hangs around with a bunch of kids/boy band types shaking her ass.

First rule of business for somebody in that position when you're going to let rip - no phones, no filming, ever.

Total lack of judgement. She looks better when she's high as a kite, I'll give her that.

She is clean. Although what drugs were tested for is another question. Cocaine lingers that long?

Anyway. She should get a reality TV show.

She is clean. Although what drugs were tested for is another question. Cocaine lingers that long?

Anyway. She should get a reality TV show.
Depends on the testing and what the coke has been cut with. In general, cocaine is out your system pretty quick in days rather than weeks. Cannabis can be tested for several weeks.

Quite a few feminists saying the response has been misogynistic, but when Michael Gove decided to dance like your dad at the local disco he looked embarrassing too. The point is, politicians should project gravitas and frolicking with boy band members and getting all TikTok generation is not a good look for a politician. If you're going to let your hair down in a big way, a person is that position, should have a no mobile phone policy. She was able to conveniently forget hers when she was dancing in the nightclub last December when she was told she needed to self-isolate. Anyway, seems it will blow over.

Let's not convene cabinet to deal with cost of living. Let's not sort out labour strife. Let's not plan for shortages coming up in the winter. Don't even bother to show up to pack the vans that have come to remove your possessions from 10 Downing.

But a photo opportunity trip to Kiev on their independence day? Count Boris Johnson in.

"She's on the same side as Marine Le Pen or Viktor Orban. And she wants a 'Europe of nations', so everyone is basically alone. Italy could become the Trojan horse of Putin to undermine solidarity, so she would enable him to continue weakening Europe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom