The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

35A86B72-2042-4454-9A93-59FA10E53353.jpeg

May have been an epic whiny-bitch melt down, but we will never know. He edited that shit pretty quickly.

Just wondering. He was an interesting character to me. i follow some of his European counter parts on Instagram, but have not really seen him at all lately

^Really?! That must be an absence of ten years or so - hopefully his business is still going well.

I think that he must be facing a lot more competition nowadays, though, as there are quite a few businesses operating on similar models now.

Trying to restart a dormant business, would be my guess.

You’re right. Ten years ago his skinhead style was closer to fashionable with the kids (skinny lapels, tight and shrunken all over, etc). It was a great deal for a full canvas MtM suit, if you knew what to ask for (tempering the house cut’s extremes) - which most of us did not.

I got married in a TaT VBC charcoal suit over ten years ago. I can pick a bunch of things I’d change about it now (having a little about clothes here since then), but I’m lucky the pics still look pretty good.

Lol really? At his price point, he has to offer something unique to compete with the suitsupplies of the world.

$400 for a MtM full canvas was a solid deal back in the day. Now ... he’s pushing $600 and competing with full field.

Plus, he sells suits HE likes and won’t make a suit to a customer’s specs if it doesn’t fit HIS aesthetic.

Still, no overheads and a niche Mod/Skin market as a sideline business isn’t that silly I guess.

Who is making his suits if there is no overhead?

I don’t pretend to understand the suit business in general, but the impression I got was that you’d place the order and pay- then he’d buy the fabric and send it to his aunt in Seoul to put it together. He’s not carrying any inventory costs or whatever the right business term is.

Trying to restart a dormant business, would be my guess.

You’re right. Ten years ago his skinhead style was closer to fashionable with the kids (skinny lapels, tight and shrunken all over, etc). It was a great deal for a full canvas MtM suit, if you knew what to ask for (tempering the house cut’s extremes) - which most of us did not.

I got married in a TaT VBC charcoal suit over ten years ago. I can pick a bunch of things I’d change about it now (having a little about clothes here since then), but I’m lucky the pics still look pretty good.

Nope. They are still actively in business. A far better website. $550-$650. Full canvas. More limited fabric choices. You have to like the cut though.
1567135182534.png

1567135220640.png

1567135294380.png

That is a shite tattoo. Get ready for a gazillion more shite tattoo posts from the fey Euro fanboys of this fool.

All tattoos are shite. I did not think Crompton would be interested in tattoos though.

That said, this is a wonderfully pretentious post about the ideas behind the design - throwing in London ironwork, the Arts and Crafts movement, Portuguese and Islamic alternatives.

The tattoo maestro has an Italian name in line with Crompton’s preference for most things Italian. I think I have passed the place in Exmouth Market it used to be close to a pie and mash shop(not Italian in this case). Exmouth Market, like many others, is now mostly filled with chancers selling ‘streetfood’ from all over the world. Caveat Emptor.

All tattoos are shite. I did not think Crompton would be interested in tattoos though.

That said, this is a wonderfully pretentious post about the ideas behind the design - throwing in London ironwork, the Arts and Crafts movement, Portuguese and Islamic alternatives.

The tattoo maestro has an Italian name in line with Crompton’s preference for most things Italian. I think I have passed the place in Exmouth Market it used to be close to a pie and mash shop(not Italian in this case). Exmouth Market, like many others, is now mostly filled with chancers selling ‘streetfood’ from all over the world. Caveat Emptor.
Other than that - its cool? - post a pic of your tatts

Tatgate: not a scandal, just a movement of limpwristed Euro twats with tattoos that look like garden gates.

Last edited:
Tatgate: not a scandal, just a movement of limpwristed Euro twats with tattoos that look like garden gates.
But Crompton took five years to get his done. Many customers just walk in and point at a design and it is soon complete.

It would be funny if the Crompton pattern was put on display and available for future customers who did not have Crompton’s artistic sensibilities. It may become fashionable like Pamela Anderson’s barbed wire armband.

Last edited:
What the hell happened to SF. It went from a repository of knowledge and discussion to a collection of advertisements that clueless 20-somethings respond to.

How did it come to this?

you're my new favorite member. welcome.

I've spent the past couple hours reading this thread and am still only on page 30 or so. It's a good real time documentation of the decline of SF. I've felt like the place has sold out for a long, long time now but didn't realize how far back it went. Late to the party but... ugh.

Where do people even go to discuss clothing like big boys these days? Reddit is even more idiotic than SF. SZ and SuperFuture are dead. AskAndy and Fedora Lounge are okay but very narrow in scope. Is that all there is?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom