See Rambo's post - we have a thread dedicated to The Foo.
He's a bit of a fixture on StyleForum and has spawned a number of memes and epic posts:
- Attempts to order a green breast wallet at Hermes;
- Attempts to get a "tubo" belt from Jay Kos;
- Lecturing bespoke shirtmaker Alex Kabbaz on how to run his business (this was when Foo was still a law student) and when Kabbaz called him a "student" Foo was highly indignant because he already had an undergraduate degree and was now studying law (actually, this happened on the "Ask Andy About Clothes" forum);
- Buying multiple pairs of the same style of Alden longwing shoes to have a "one shoe" wardrobe;
- Waiting many months for trousers by Ambrosi, being referred to as an "ovalheaded dwarf" by Ambrosi, finally receiving the trousers, then finding that the trousers don't fit;
- Entering some sort of "America's best-dressed man" competition and appearing on TV (again, I think that this was when he was a student);
- Having a mid-life crisis, getting a Porsche 911, and buying skinny jeans and a double-rider moto jacket from Saint Laurent;
- And many, many more.
Edited to add:
I realised that I forgot about the bespoke Camille Fournet (Lavabre Cadet) gloves that didn't fit; the bespoke Cleverley shoes that were made incorrectly (in contravention of Foo's specific instructions) and that later either broke or came apart in some way; and the apparent requirement to order eleven items from someone (such as Rubinacci) before you can properly comment on their quality or ability. Plus, there's his obsession with particular consumer goods and brands, such as Leica, Gibson (guitars), Panerai and then Patek Philippe and other such status symbols.
ooooh this is fantastic. Now I have entertainment for the whole weekend!