The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

See Rambo's post - we have a thread dedicated to The Foo.

He's a bit of a fixture on StyleForum and has spawned a number of memes and epic posts:
- Attempts to order a green breast wallet at Hermes;
- Attempts to get a "tubo" belt from Jay Kos;
- Lecturing bespoke shirtmaker Alex Kabbaz on how to run his business (this was when Foo was still a law student) and when Kabbaz called him a "student" Foo was highly indignant because he already had an undergraduate degree and was now studying law (actually, this happened on the "Ask Andy About Clothes" forum);
- Buying multiple pairs of the same style of Alden longwing shoes to have a "one shoe" wardrobe;
- Waiting many months for trousers by Ambrosi, being referred to as an "ovalheaded dwarf" by Ambrosi, finally receiving the trousers, then finding that the trousers don't fit;
- Entering some sort of "America's best-dressed man" competition and appearing on TV (again, I think that this was when he was a student);
- Having a mid-life crisis, getting a Porsche 911, and buying skinny jeans and a double-rider moto jacket from Saint Laurent;
- And many, many more.

Edited to add:

I realised that I forgot about the bespoke Camille Fournet (Lavabre Cadet) gloves that didn't fit; the bespoke Cleverley shoes that were made incorrectly (in contravention of Foo's specific instructions) and that later either broke or came apart in some way; and the apparent requirement to order eleven items from someone (such as Rubinacci) before you can properly comment on their quality or ability. Plus, there's his obsession with particular consumer goods and brands, such as Leica, Gibson (guitars), Panerai and then Patek Philippe and other such status symbols.

ooooh this is fantastic. Now I have entertainment for the whole weekend!

He's a bit of a fixture on StyleForum and has spawned a number of memes and epic posts:
- Lecturing bespoke shirtmaker Alex Kabbaz on how to run his business (this was when Foo was still a law student) and when Kabbaz called him a "student" Foo was highly indignant because he already had an undergraduate degree and was now studying law (actually, this happened on the "Ask Andy About Clothes" forum);
- Buying multiple pairs of the same style of Alden longwing shoes to have a "one shoe" wardrobe;
- Waiting many months for trousers by Ambrosi, being referred to as an "ovalheaded dwarf" by Ambrosi, finally receiving the trousers, then finding that the trousers don't fit;
- Entering some sort of "America's best-dressed man" competition and appearing on TV (again, I think that this was when he was a student);
- Having a mid-life crisis, getting a Porsche 911, and buying skinny jeans and a double-rider moto jacket from Saint Laurent;
- And many, many more.
The most interesting thing is that he is Matthew Fan who adopted a London, Cockney pronunciation for his first user name of Mafoofan.

Other than that just another attention seeker. What is it about little guys?

The most interesting thing is that he is Matthew Fan who adopted a London, Cockney pronunciation for his first user name of Mafoofan.

I may be wrong, but I think that Ma Foo Fan is his Chinese name, or something similar to his Chinese name.

I may be wrong, but I think that Ma Foo Fan is his Chinese name, or something similar to his Chinese name.
When he was looking quite good as an Esquire Best Dressed finalist in 2009.
SmartSelectImage_2021-06-04-13-36-52.png

- And many, many more.

Edited to add:

I realised that I forgot about the bespoke Camille Fournet (Lavabre Cadet) gloves that didn't fit; the bespoke Cleverley shoes that were made incorrectly (in contravention of Foo's specific instructions) and that later either broke or came apart in some way; and the apparent requirement to order eleven items from someone (such as Rubinacci) before you can properly comment on their quality or ability. Plus, there's his obsession with particular consumer goods and brands, such as Leica, Gibson (guitars), Panerai and then Patek Philippe and other such status symbols.
not to mention that the $$ was from his wifey and it took him forever to pass the bar (I think he did eventually pass).

I never found the hype others did on that cousin of fuckfok.

His suits got tons of tailoring fails as all Tackynacci ones.

The guy was other snob who followed hypes and brands but got no idea about tailoring. A complete fail as everything
from the other toxic forum.

Curious is that Sarto met that tailor Paone after he left Tackynacci and helped fitted a client in a hotel, and
the final result was a masterwork. It seems the tailor could be forced to do Tackynacci awful style instead of his own one
by himself due to the complete tackyness, pretentious and ignorance of the Tackynacci family.

What was his beef with Paone?

I'm not really sure.

From memory - although I may be wrong - he essentially accused Paone of being old and doddery, and thus not able to work very well anymore. The Foo also seemed to think that Paone was not worth seeing now that he had left Rubinacci.

Then there was the odd conviction that, in order to properly judge a tailor's ability, you must have ordered something like 11 items from them.

I'm not really sure.

From memory - although I may be wrong - he essentially accused Paone of being old and doddery, and thus not able to work very well anymore. The Foo also seemed to think that Paone was not worth seeing now that he had left Rubinacci.

Then there was the odd conviction that, in order to properly judge a tailor's ability, you must have ordered something like 11 items from them.

fascinating, thanks.
He is also a client of Mimmo Pirozzi, right?

^ I honestly don't know.

I remember the Foo mentioning Anna Matuozzo for shirts and Ambrosi (of course) for trousers, but don't know if he has ever used Mimmo Pirozzi.

When one thinks of 'foo, one is put in mind of Maynard Keynes' quip about Hayek.

"[...] It is an extraordinary example of how, starting with a mistake, a remorseless logician can end up in Bedlham [1]”.

[1] Bedlam was a Victorian Asylum.

I'm not really sure.

Sarto who met in 2015 Paone and helped fit a Madrid client in Naples who also delivered him shirts, shown shirts of Burgos and Tanga to him, the answer is the spected... ( I won´t post by respect to that great tailor and better person)

Also in honor to the thruth, Sarto wrote a lot of post in the chinavirus unforum expossing all the tailoring fails Rubinacci suits had. The ignorats called him “troll” while being trolls themselves as we all know, same happened when he expossed the Giannigate fake vintageties scandal.

Curious Paone working for himself did a perfect style and one of the best jackets Sarto watched in his life, not the 2 sizes bigger rags of wrinkles of Tackynacci, so Foo´s opinion seems he likes badspoke and defective shitte instead of well fitted perfect ones, also paying crazy double or triple price for it for the Tackynacci tag so he can impress his illegal communist cousins coming out of the boat while employeed delivering rice three delices in NYC while showing any of those feet written assticles of newspapers saying Tackynacci is the best tailoring house. So he opens the jacket and shows the tag to impress, thing that he can´t do with Paone tag, since no one knows him or any real tailor name in the street, who ever the name is.

Curious Paone worths a lot to be visited nowadays, never in the past while orders of Tackynacci pathological family.

Curious this pretentious ignorant tackys only visit the famous names given in books ( Mattuozo, Ambrosio etc and love to enrich them paying extra tourist fee), as tourists who go out of a cruise go to McDonalds in Naples or the two or three famous pizzerias ( that are ok, but not the best which are randomly around)

Curious on that bluff, other person who has any idea about tailoring, just a tacky inmature with Cluster B personality who loves to show off as a girl dresses her Barbys. The more I know about this tackys, the more it shows their ignorance, and worse is the people who follows those on the toxic forum believing they know more than tailors. Those trolls that I even suspect might be paid by the owner to keep the forum moving, Edina, Piobaire, Cross22 and those degenerate bidenists whitetrashers who seem to never work and might live of public funds.

What person with a real work or live can post 50-100 times per day? Only CMs paid, lazys, drugaddicts and the natural born toxic fauna of the chinavirus unforum.

Here the perfect example with his already cousin tackyvirus.

edited: added a degenerate name who thanks God I never got in my mind: Piobaire and their accomplices.

btw what are they doing in a forum about suits those that never wear one? Apart from chatting about their frequent uniform: orange for convicts?

1623028516350.png

Last edited:
Important not to forget Foo's obsession with tiny teapots and his claims to Chinese royalty in the 'design' thread.

I didn't remember the royalty bit, but how could I forget the tiny teapots and equally small cups that he commissioned?!

Don't you know the mafoo? The only poster in SF with his own emoji.

He has already made up his mind on what to do and is playing with everybody posting in that thread.
what did i say?

his mind was set from the first post and was going to go with charvet regardless of what the people say.

It seems people gets diarrea out of the Foo and Fok home delivered menus, and no one gives me like about my post regarding what they deliver.

I am sad. :cry:

This post does not delivers

The "Bespoke western shirt" thread on SF continues to deliver:

"Remember when Anna Matuozzo held the warrant as Foo's appointed shirtmaker? This reminds me of his laundry day photos where he'd hang all his shirts on the shower rod to dry and fluff the little custom nubs"

"And within months the seams began unravelling."

"Thus Bespoke Zarafoostra"

I laughed out loud at the last comment. Really, that would be a great title for a thread about the Foo's clothing adventures.

insufferable twat discussing jacket lengths. I only skimmed the text so I wouldn’t be tempted to throw my phone at the wall.

What’s funny is that I am 6’ and wear long (38 in my case) in that brand - because their house ‘contemporary’ cut is a bit of a bum freezer (too short). Long is a better body length for me and the lapels and buttoning point balance out a little better. The sleeves are comically long, but since they are tacky unsleeves anyway, it’s not too hard to get the tailor to lip off six inches and see functioning button holes. Worth the effort? Probably not - better to go with another brand unless it’s a deep sale.

Meanwhile, numbnuts tries on a long and pontificates like a third-rate Crompers.

Pitti Day 2:

Ok, the suit actually looks very nice on the other photos. I just found this pic with the icecream and dustpan rather bizarre.

Edit: swipe to second photo.

Pitti Day 2:

Ok, the suit actually looks very nice on the other photos. I just found this pic with the icecream and dustpan rather bizarre.

Edit: swipe to second photo.

Homeless hair and beard with expensive clothes. A thing I would never understand even being a lumpen.

To shave daily or not to be.

Homeless hair and beard with expensive clothes. A thing I would never understand even being a lumpen.

To shave daily or not to be.
The whole effect is dreadful. Not sure if we should advise other humans to first avert their eyes from the ill fitting clothes or the scruffy hair and unshaven jaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom