The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

Actually for me the best mafoofan thread (apart from the green wallet one) was the fa-fucked shoulder on the nsm jacket. he was fighting like a cat belly up as we say in Spanish.
The pafucked NSM shoulders and red contour lines were legendary.

I actually think Foo had a good sense of aesthetics (in clothes at least) but his bespoke failures were fun and spawned a lot of memorable threads. Same with Manton, who doesn' t remember that A&S unjacket? I miss the good times.

I actually think Foo had a good sense of aesthetics (in clothes at least) but his bespoke failures were fun and spawned a lot of memorable threads. Same with Manton, who doesn' t remember that A&S unjacket? I miss the good times.

The Anderson Unjacket is everything that is Manton.

Yes, it was a chambray cloth, perhaps a French-made chambray. People on SF, including the Foo, had been talking about how great it was - until they discovered that it was an impure blend.

It was a Simonnot- Godard (i think) same one that the Danish guy (sartorial notes? was selling at crazy prices on his website. Luckily fire purified everything....

Yes, it was a chambray cloth, perhaps a French-made chambray. People on SF, including the Foo, had been talking about how great it was - until they discovered that it was an impure blend.
This was the funny bit. If the chambray looked good, felt good etc how come it was all of a sudden no good because it had a bit of synthetic in it. A bit that couldn't be detected in the real world of looking and wearing. I miss the heyday.

I'm getting all nostalgic. I almost forget the famous ambrosia strides, whereby our hero complained publicly about waiting a year or two for a few pair of trousers that turned out to be a cm or two to small in waist or something similarly minor. Then the surprise appearance of the Italian pants man himself on the thread drunken posting live from Tokyo. His diatribe at the Foosta delivered the "oval headed dwarf" jibe. Showing how amateurish the Top Hat Kid with his "on your mothers life, balls in mouth, over the border in Tijuana " was. I would even put forward that the Oval Headed Dwarf outdid even our own pet falangist and Opus Dei ranter Sarto.

It was a Simonnot- Godard (i think) same one that the Danish guy (sartorial notes? was selling at crazy prices on his website. Luckily fire purified everything....
Yep, Torsten Grunwald. That’s where he bought it too. Think he got his money back.

What kind of synthetic did the Foo chambray have? Was it even poly? If so, and if it was less than, say, 10%, I see no reason to return it if it felt good. But if it was rayon, viscose or the like, that's not even fully synthetic...

What kind of synthetic did the Foo chambray have? Was it even poly? If so, and if it was less than, say, 10%, I see no reason to return it if it felt good. But if it was rayon, viscose or the like, that's not even fully synthetic...
There was no rational reason - even tho tha Foo spent thousand of words justifying himself. It was all about bragging rights to "special cloth" iirc.

Talk about emperor's clothes - no one said "It's just a fucking chambray shirt ffs" - I think it was a button down too.

Lets face it - shirts are basically underwear and chambray is inherently casual. No one has been scammed if a chambray shirt has a tiny weensy bit of something NOT cotton in it - that cannot be detected by eyes or feel without proper (AS9000 or whatever cert) Lab Tests

Does anybody still have the pics of foo standing on naples (or rome!?) in a grey peak lapel sc with dandy pocket thirst and aviators on?

Does anybody still have the pics of foo standing on naples (or rome!?) in a grey peak lapel sc with dandy pocket thirst and aviators on?

olo. oh so many streets & so many shades to eyes

bd8c75a8_vbattach21258.jpg

compare to real stylish asian in aviators
1179GreyDBWeb.jpg

bonus aviators to giant oval head

images

1zeuch.jpg

images

tumblr_inline_nompxwr4Kq1qfex1b_540.jpg

kim.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 11.48.13 PM.png

images

images

images

another stylish asian interlude

tumblr_mhvmxl0GIT1s4ph1ho1_500.jpg

28t25h.jpg

3be025d799ff08370388bffbdc7fcd9b.jpg

captur12.jpg

I'm getting all nostalgic. I almost forget the famous ambrosia strides, whereby our hero complained publicly about waiting a year or two for a few pair of trousers that turned out to be a cm or two to small in waist or something similarly minor. Then the surprise appearance of the Italian pants man himself on the thread drunken posting live from Tokyo. His diatribe at the Foosta delivered the "oval headed dwarf" jibe.

I really am amazed that anyone orders pents from Ambrosi, as he is so notorious for his service issues and vastly extended delivery times.

Here are a few samples from SF:

- As mentioned by fxh fxh , the "commercial management" of Ambrosi (ie Salvatore) created a thread on SF to apologise to people who had been waiting a long time for their pants, and then insulted customers including Mafoofan and called him an oval-headed dwarf:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/237582/ambrosi-napoli

- A thread started by Mafoofan, detailing his frustrations with Salva:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/285821/buyer-beware-and-avoid-ambrosi-napoli

- An earlier thread, in which a frustrated buyer notes that his trousers were allegedly shipped two months ago but have not arrived, no tracking details were provided, and Salva refuses to communicate at all:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/207672/is-salvatore-ambrosi-still-alive

There are probably other threads as well and in each of the above threads, other frustrated customers chime in with complaints about Ambrosi's appalling service. Of course, the threads also contain some fine examples of the Foo arguing with multiple other people in addition to Ambrosi.

You dumbo - you left out the iconic "casual" sweat shirt with flannels in the park

Thruth Thruth s post reminded me of my other favorite classic Foo moment. His long winded insistence he didn't have the muscles to smile or some shit when he looked nonplussed in all his wedding photos

These were the best of times...

When the clothin foraz absolutely rocked with high-octane lunacy.

I miss them...

Thruth Thruth s post reminded me of my other favorite classic Foo moment. His long winded insistence he didn't have the muscles to smile or some shit when he looked nonplussed in all his wedding photos

Yes, it's probably linked in the "What's New with the Foo" thread which is somewhere on DW.

Screenshot_2018-01-15-18-40-18-1.png

For those of you who missed it, we will be taking Yellow Hook in a completely different direction starting in the Fall of 2018. This Spring will be our LAST collection of our hand made neckwear, and we'll be doing less and less #menswear inspired staples. To be frank, it's just not earning us enough for the effort we put in. My personal passion, and style, has evolved over the past few years to the point where menswear has become completely irrelevant in my life. I feel many Americans are going this route as well, and are looking for clothing that will make them feel comfortable and look good with a bit more of an edge to it. On top of it, we're practically giving our stuff away at our prices. For those who don't know, we make our shirts side by side, using the same construction as Domenico Vacca (whose shirts retail at almost 5 times our price). While that may work for a shop like their's with a Madison Ave Storefront and a huge marketing budget, we're literally just two public school teachers...with ZERO marketing. Combine that with the fact that I don't even wear the stuff anymore, it makes it even harder to promote. We don't even have a budget to hire a photographer with what we make to do product shots.

So...we're going to be taking Yellow Hook in a completely different direction after the upcoming Spring Season. We'll be featuring a full line of handmade neckties this season, but after that, NO MORE. We'll also be featuring one last go around of our fantastic (and if you know how shirts are made, and what kind of labor goes into really making a handmade, single needle shirt in the US) Heirloom Button Downs and Napoli Spread Collars. These shirts and ties, once they're gone, and there aren't many, will be our last under this Yellow Hook brand.

Our rebrand will be geared more towards the streetwear crowd. Good news is, we'll be keeping the work shirts in our rotation, all made by hand at the same shop we've been using, the same shop where DV shirts are currently made and the shop that put Engineered Garments and Supreme on the map, and we do own the patterns I designed for the Heirloom ButtonDowns and Napoli Spread Collars. Should anyone here want any of those, please reach out and we'll be doing bespoke options via email only under the old label, for $250 a shirt.

This is an exciting time for us, and one that we feel we'll be able to do better with by allowing our passion to be injected back into a brand that already makes the world's best products.

BREAKING: MENSWEAR COSPLAYER MOVES TO NEW FAD. TURNS OUT DIDNT CARE ABOUT ACTUALLY LOOKING NICE, CITES LIFESTYLE JARGON.

Story at 11.

My personal passion, and style, has evolved over the past few years to the point where menswear has become completely irrelevant in my life. I feel many Americans are going this route as well, and are looking for clothing that will make them feel comfortable and look good with a bit more of an edge to it.
What an insufferable twat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom