The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

If you go into the city get to the tube station called, Ostermalmstorg. Thats where the cool shops are. When you come out the station you will see Skoaktiebolaget across the road. If you turn left and go down the hill theres some super cool clothes shops. Few bars as well that serve food. Great city. Enjoy.

If you go into the city get to the tube station called, Ostermalmstorg. Thats where the cool shops are. When you come out the station you will see Skoaktiebolaget across the road. If you turn left and go down the hill theres some super cool clothes shops. Few bars as well that serve food. Great city. Enjoy.

Outstanding, many thanks for the reccomendations!

If you get bored round there get to the part they call "Old Town". Thats were all the bars are. Theres a great blues bar with live music Sunday evenings round there called, Stampen. I know you play so I think you'd like it. The band we saw was really good.

If you get bored round there get to the part they call "Old Town". Thats were all the bars are. Theres a great blues bar with live music Sunday evenings round there called, Stampen. I know you play so I think you'd like it. The band we saw was really good.
Oh that’s great! Maybe not this weekend as we have friends with kids, but definitely next!

I am in Sweden. Does anyone know what iGents usually do in Sweden?

Copy Neapolitan wanna be ties at 200 euros piece not made in Italy with odd center and way
more expensive than real Neapolitan one. Sarto is laughing loud out of this:

About the name Baltzar, have this losers copied the infamous AlBazar Lino Letucce name?

1625361200699.png

I am in Sweden. Does anyone know what iGents usually do in Sweden?

I'm sure that there's a Monocle or Permanent Style guide to Stockholm that you can check to see what iGents do! ;-)

However, a few suggestions if you are in Stockholm:
- Skoaktiebolaget for shoes or ties;
- Herr Judit for vintage clothes;
- Grandpa for life goods and casual clothes - my son bought a pair of indigo-dyed shorts and a pair of canvas sneakers here when he was on a school music tour and they were really nice.

I'm sure that there's a Monocle or Permanent Style guide to Stockholm that you can check to see what iGents do! ;-)

- Grandpa for life goods and casual clothes - my son bought a pair of indigo-dyed shorts and a pair of canvas sneakers here when he was on a school music tour and they were really nice.
Monocle use to be a great magazine, haven't read for it years mind you.

I am sorry to say that - Skoaktiebolaigent is only good if you want to be a tacky igent with Lino Letucce clown look. Awful shop and asshole owner, can´t be worse. All Sarto haters are simply degenerates as that shop owner. You won´t find a single elegant classic garment there but Pitti shitte.

Film Noir Buff forums reopened.

Not that many new posts yet.

Will the two twats ruin it again?
Announcement from FNB

Good Gentle Fellows,

Before I delete several threads that I am not happy with personally, I need to make a brief statement.

I wanted to allow the forum to take some shape before I added any comments myself. And, I do realize that a lot of you have sent me emails saying youd like to post but you feel it would be held against you at another site. Thats a shame but I frankly dont need the forum to be hopping with activity, unless it is creative contributions. If people in positions of authority on other message boards are afraid and need to act like that, what can I do?

However, in spite of other site's low brow behavior, this forum is not primarily provided to bash other foras. It is intended to post reviews, articles, pictures and what have you. As pathetic or small minded as they may or may not be run, I assure you that I alone have enough positive content planned to shine on my own site. Further, though Im sure that I have been more wronged and lied about for less than some, Im not planning to rant about it ad naseum. Now, I dont want you as posters to think you dont have a place to air your frustrations but you're going to have to tie it in to some cleverness and use some subtlety. Frankly, I would rather you all to contribute about the things in style that make you passionate, rather than focus on the negative. it should be enough that you have a place where you can still contribute. For everyone's information, I have some very serious people looking at this site and I don't think they understand, nor care, about the soap opera which is the world of some of the internet style message boards. In short, if you embarrass me, I am not going to appreciate it.

I think you all understand me when I say I am simply not interested in a competition between websites, that is for those brought up in the "survival" mentality, which I am not a part of. I am not competing with anyone. Further, I am not from a background that needs to look at everything as a panic or challenge to either be won or be eliminated. I am what you all hoped to see when you built the boards, a real, modern day arbiter elegantiarum that you can learn from or simply enjoy. I take orders from no one and I apologize to no one for what I like or dislike.

However I am concerned about the current expenditure of energies on the worthless. We need to focus on works of artistic merit and reviews. An occasional "blowing off of steam" is understood, but you need to speak your piece and move on, not let it fester. I want to keep it lighthearted but I have zero commercial interest in this and no need to be perceived as a "great guy" so that you vote for or buy something from me. You either like what I like or you dont. And believe me, if you dont like it I do not care. You can post about what you like to wear here free from any recriminations from me, I am not jealous, nor am I insecure in the slightest about my tastes. You can read about them, comment about them, contribute in your own right, or not post at all.

In the end, quality and a desire to have fun will win the day, if, in fact, there is a day to be won. Which brings me to my final point. I find this all very interesting as a hobby, I have no competition as a "dandy", nor do I need to compete with people in the trade, or degrade them. If someone has displeased you, state your information with responsibility and then take a deep breath and move on...but do move on.

Thank you all, I know you both empathize and will completely disregard everything I've said. And I appreciate it.

Yours light heartedly,

FNB

This worked:

Can't say I demanded it, but I'm glad to see it back up. But please, FNB, can you add to your articles on 'the other side' of the Forum - I found them most erudite and interesting.

Announcement from FNB

Good Gentle Fellows,

Before I delete several threads that I am not happy with personally, I need to make a brief statement.

I wanted to allow the forum to take some shape before I added any comments myself. And, I do realize that a lot of you have sent me emails saying youd like to post but you feel it would be held against you at another site. Thats a shame but I frankly dont need the forum to be hopping with activity, unless it is creative contributions. If people in positions of authority on other message boards are afraid and need to act like that, what can I do?

However, in spite of other site's low brow behavior, this forum is not primarily provided to bash other foras. It is intended to post reviews, articles, pictures and what have you. As pathetic or small minded as they may or may not be run, I assure you that I alone have enough positive content planned to shine on my own site. Further, though Im sure that I have been more wronged and lied about for less than some, Im not planning to rant about it ad naseum. Now, I dont want you as posters to think you dont have a place to air your frustrations but you're going to have to tie it in to some cleverness and use some subtlety. Frankly, I would rather you all to contribute about the things in style that make you passionate, rather than focus on the negative. it should be enough that you have a place where you can still contribute. For everyone's information, I have some very serious people looking at this site and I don't think they understand, nor care, about the soap opera which is the world of some of the internet style message boards. In short, if you embarrass me, I am not going to appreciate it.

I think you all understand me when I say I am simply not interested in a competition between websites, that is for those brought up in the "survival" mentality, which I am not a part of. I am not competing with anyone. Further, I am not from a background that needs to look at everything as a panic or challenge to either be won or be eliminated. I am what you all hoped to see when you built the boards, a real, modern day arbiter elegantiarum that you can learn from or simply enjoy. I take orders from no one and I apologize to no one for what I like or dislike.

However I am concerned about the current expenditure of energies on the worthless. We need to focus on works of artistic merit and reviews. An occasional "blowing off of steam" is understood, but you need to speak your piece and move on, not let it fester. I want to keep it lighthearted but I have zero commercial interest in this and no need to be perceived as a "great guy" so that you vote for or buy something from me. You either like what I like or you dont. And believe me, if you dont like it I do not care. You can post about what you like to wear here free from any recriminations from me, I am not jealous, nor am I insecure in the slightest about my tastes. You can read about them, comment about them, contribute in your own right, or not post at all.

In the end, quality and a desire to have fun will win the day, if, in fact, there is a day to be won. Which brings me to my final point. I find this all very interesting as a hobby, I have no competition as a "dandy", nor do I need to compete with people in the trade, or degrade them. If someone has displeased you, state your information with responsibility and then take a deep breath and move on...but do move on.

Thank you all, I know you both empathize and will completely disregard everything I've said. And I appreciate it.

Yours light heartedly,

FNB
As I find, very reasonable and very well said.

It will be interesting whether or not Woof does his Ivy knock off Crusty shots again, if Ox can find his manbag and deserted street, if Berk Breath has done any more thrifting and if Stan can disguise his heavy breathing as he congratulates the Berk. What else? That was it at the end really.

It will be interesting whether or not Woof does his Ivy knock off Crusty shots again, if Ox can find his manbag and deserted street, if Berk Breath has done any more thrifting and if Stan can disguise his heavy breathing as he congratulates the Berk. What else? That was it at the end really.
Beestonplace was very amusing.

FNB might need a whole new set of posters though. ‘Serious posters’ too. So it does not augur well for a revived ‘inane’ posts thread.

Not sure about moderators either. No sign of Stan Hall and Berk Who Breathes yet, thankfully.

Like Crusty, there was a reassuring continuity with Oxford Cloth Button Down’s street photographs from Middle America. Let’s hope it has not been overrun now with violent demonstrations and Cop Tyranny - or destroyed by covid.

There was also the chap from Vienna who posted til the end with his English/German language clothes blog.

Last edited:
Beestonplace was very amusing.

FNB might need a whole new set of posters though. ‘Serious posters’ too. So it does not augur well for a revived ‘inane’ posts thread.

Not sure about moderators either. No sign of Stan Hall and Berk Who Breathes yet, thankfully.
Berk Who Breathes. Even better than Berk Breath.

Announcement from FNB

Good Gentle Fellows,

Yours light heartedly,

FNB
I thought that was rather verbose. Simply, I'm back and I'm going to pay more interest this time instead of letting the twats run amok.
This worked:

Can't say I demanded it, but I'm glad to see it back up. But please, FNB, can you add to your articles on 'the other side' of the Forum - I found them most erudite and interesting.
His early articles on the difference in American and English style were spot-on, amongst others, but then lost his way and became a reseller of Duchamp ties and cufflinks with a once a blue moon, input into his own forum. And all like it he was kindly gracing us with his presence, as it was all rather beneath him.

I'm not convinced you can resurrect a dead forum. The brand seems soiled to me, from JFM's guerilla tactics to what followed.

Last edited:
I thought that was rather verbose. Simply, I'm back and I'm going to pay more interest this time instead of letting the twats run amok.

His early articles on the difference in American and English style were spot-on, amongst others, but then lost his way and became a reseller of Duchamp ties and cufflinks with a once a blue moon, input into his own forum. And all like it was kindly gracing us with his presence, as it was all rather beneath him.

I'm not convinced you can resurrect a dead forum. The brand seems soiled to me, from JFM's guerilla tactics to what followed.
Rebranding is not easy .

Announcement from FNB

Good Gentle Fellows,

Yours light heartedly,

FNB
Wasn't this on there before he closed shop?

I'm not sure I'll bother tbh. I felt suffocated by Berk the Bastard. His endless pictures of tatt attire was quite impressive though. If hes one thing, hes consistant tatt, I'll give him that. And Stan will never be half the man his mother was. I thought Woof was agreeable, and at least he looked presentable. Can't see Beeston showing up, FNB seemed to be always gunning for him for some reason. But never say never.

I kinda like here. Good crew and banter.

Wasn't this on there before he closed shop?

I'm not sure I'll bother tbh. I felt suffocated by Berk the Bastard. His endless pictures of tatt attire was quite impressive though. If hes one thing, hes consistant tatt, I'll give him that. And Stan will never be half the man his mother was. I thought Woof was agreeable, and at least he looked presentable. Can't see Beeston showing up, FNB seemed to be always gunning for him for some reason. But never say never.

I kinda like here. Good crew and banter.
I only saw it now.

It is a good crew here.

But basically FNB collapsed when Doggie and Formby and Mr. Smith and Shooey and FXh and others moved here.

But now is now , and there are as you say some interesting posters on DW , including the Euros, who were not (apart from one) on FNB.

There were some properly boring bastards in that place Talk Ivy. Someone who seemed to have owned every item of Ivy known to man. The rest looked like they had bought them off him after he had ridden the arse out of them. Then there was the jazz, some bongo player, lots of assumed superiority. Quite an odd little world.

Last edited:
I only saw it now.

It is a good crew here.

But basically FNB collapsed when Doggie and Formby and Mr. Smith and Shooey and FXh and others moved here.

But now is now , and there are as you say some interesting posters on DW , including the Euros, who were not (apart from one) on FNB.
I truly tried to keep up posting there, as did formby002 formby002 . But it got to the point that it was me, you, formby with occasional insane beestonplace ramblings and an intermittent Shooey post and a once per four year visit from Horace.

I thought Woof was agreeable, and at least he looked presentable.

I've actually had pints with woof, he is a good dude.

Thee Captain is also a riot to drink with, he got woof out to drink with us in Soho once which is how I got to know woof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom