The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

Which was the one who was from Coventry or Leicester who worked for some consultancy firm?
Yuca? I know he lives in Leicester, on or just off Queens Road which is a nice area, not posh but nice. I always found Yuca agreeable. The on running spat between him and Bop was always fun. Poor old Bop, he bit off more than he could chew with that.

Which was the one who was from Coventry or Leicester who worked for some consultancy firm?

And what's Chinny-Chenners latest get rich quick scheme?
No idea.

I thought Chensvold was still involved. I did not realise the new man was completely running the show now.

The other crap new moderator stanshall.
I had some backroom bother with him. He had passive/aggressive behavioural traits that I found really offputting.

I always thought he was connected in some way to Jim. What with him basing his online name on Vivian Stanshall.

Stanshall is from Florida. I'm pretty sure he has no connection to Jim.

I always found Stan to be ok.

Yuca? I know he lives in Leicester, on or just off Queens Road which is a nice area, not posh but nice. I always found Yuca agreeable. The on running spat between him and Bop was always fun. Poor old Bop, he bit off more than he could chew with that.
Yes, that Yuca. Couldn't remember his name. I wonder what happened to him?

There were some properly boring bastards in that place Talk Ivy. Someone who seemed to have owned every item of Ivy known to man. The rest looked like they had bought them off him after he had ridden the arse out of them. Then there was the jazz, some bongo player, lots of assumed superiority. Quite an odd little world.

Indeed.

There was another poster called Andy B, amongst several other real life Andy's, who was the ex-teacher who had a breakdown and divorce. I had some correspondence with him and I received some ties that came from an address in Macclesfield, I wonder know if he was actually a sock puppet of Jim?

Maybe not, but he was rattling the cages of quite a few members and when it all got out of hand, he sent a PM to say Jim had been encouraging him rile up the other posters to create a buzz about the forum.

In any event, I believe he admitted to seeing a local prostitute and falling in love with her.
He was and is real and is back posting (somewhat manically) on TI. He lives in Derbyshire, where men are men and sheep are scared. However according to Andy (who reads these pages) the young lady in question was not a 'lady of the night' but actually worked for the NHS. I have no idea how true that is although I think it's fair to say that, as he's from Derbyshire, it's pretty commendable that she wasn't a sheep.

Remember the odd chap with all the tattoos that had a melt down and really slagged the dark side off? WTF was his name, he ripped someone off on there buying clobber that was never sent. I can't remember who got ripped off but I've never seen anyone so upset at being scammed for £1.50.

Young Soul Rebel. Owner of possibly the fugliest tattoos ever. He sold a shirt on Ebay that I bought, then posted it up again on Ebay and at least one other person bought it. The other buyer also happened to be a TI poster who then mentioned it on the forum, at which point we realised who the seller was and that he was ripping at least one of us off. After which YSR had some kind of hate-fuelled breakdown.

I actually received the shirt and it remains one of my favourites.

Last edited:
If you thought Chenners and Ivy Style was bad, his replacement is a disaster.

I read that site with pleasure after discovering it, but the new editor is terrible. He can't write well, certainly not anywhere near as well as CC, isn't funny but thinks he is, and removes comments he doesn't like, especially on his posts pandering to inclusivity and the like.

He also knows next to nothing about ivy clothing, is more interested in ivy as some absurd concept rather than a style of dress and, speaking objectively, is one of the worst dressed people online. I did make those points to him, albeit in a tactful way, in private and public, but my words fell on deaf ears. As far as he's concerned he's an ivy expert. Apparently he's even written a book or a chapter in a book about ivy clothing. The mind boggles.

Last edited:
The aforementioned Andy B, from Derbyshire.
And what's Chinny-Chenners latest get rich quick scheme?

Chens lost interest in IS some years ago, and also realised that he no longer needed to fake an interest in ivy clothing, however his attempts to sell his blog failed. Eventually he worked out some sort of deal with the present editor.

I suspect Chens still lives off IS's profits (to be fair he certainly spotted and filled a gap in the market). He had a novel out last year although I would be very surprised if that earnt him anything. I believe he now writes a monthly magazine article somewhere, about the spiritually of refusing to wear masks.

Last edited:

I lived in Leicester for 17 years then a little over 3 years ago I emigrated to Latin America, where I remain.

Bop and I eventually ended up getting on quite well, although we did used to fight a lot initially. A hell of a lot in fact. Incidentally I believe he is now a successful artist. Well deserved too.

Last edited:
As for Stanshall and Berkeley Breathes: I always enjoyed their posts on TI and hope both return. As moderators it's possible they erred on the side of caution as I'm sure they didn't want the forum to descend into the madness it experienced for a while.

As regards my user name: I was mostly faking it as a bongo player back then but in the last year I've started to take it more seriously. My aim is to be good enough to join a decent band by the end of the year. If I ever move back to Europe I'd like to form a Latin soul band. It's not that Latin soul is my favourite music, more that there are little to no other bands playing that music. Gigs at some mod events would be good.

Last edited:
Welcome Yuca. I'm gonna call you that cause I'm not writing, Some bongo player everytime I address you. Nice to hear from you.

He also knows next to nothing about ivy clothing, is more interested in ivy as some absurd concept rather than a style of dress and, speaking objectively, is one of the worst dressed people online. I did make those points to him, albeit in a tactful way, in private and public, but my words fell on deaf ears. As far as he's concerned he's an ivy expert. Apparently he's even written a book or a chapter in a book about ivy clothing. The mind boggles.
Welcome, Bongo. The new Ivy Style supremo has made it clear that he is more into 'trad" than Ivy and his 'open to all' approach has received support from several including thrifted Ivy supremo, Berkhead Breath.

As regards my user name: I was mostly faking it as a bongo player back then but in the last year I've started to take it more seriously. My aim is to be good enough to join a decent band by the end of the year. If I ever move back to Europe I'd like to form a Latin soul band. It's not that Latin soul is my favourite music, more that there are little to no other bands playing that music. Gigs at some mod events would be good.

Welcome Yuca. I'm gonna call you that cause I'm not writing, Some bongo player everytime I address you. Nice to hear from you.

Yes, You will always be Yuca to me my friend. I can't change after all these years, it's too ingrained.

Glad you popped in here.

Welcome, Bongo. The new Ivy Style supremo has made it clear that he is more into 'trad" than Ivy and his 'open to all' approach has received support from several including thrifted Ivy supremo, Berkhead Breath.
Ooooo, maybe its time to bring back my splinter group, T.I.I (Trad Italian Ivy) back and hit the Ivy cult with some serious soft shoulders and OCBDs. Bop really went into meltdown when I did it on the dark side. Entryism at its finest I thought.

Ooooo, maybe its time to bring back my splinter group, T.I.I (Trad Italian Ivy) back and hit the Ivy cult with some serious soft shoulders and OCBDs. Bop really went into meltdown when I did it on the dark side. Entryism at its finest I thought.
I'd give it a go on Talk Ivy and then Ivy Style can get some inspiration.

Maybe?

The aforementioned Andy B, from Derbyshire.
Thought Andy B was teacher.
I lived in Leicester for 17 years then a little over 3 years ago I emigrated to Latin America, where I remain.

Bop and I eventually ended up getting on quite well, although we did used to fight a lot initially. A hell of a lot in fact. Incidentally I believe he is now a successful artist. Well deserved too.
I was getting you mixed up with someone from Coventry, not Leicester.

Remember you digged Cal Tjader, always a winner.

Where Latin America have you gone to?
As for Stanshall and Berkeley Breathes: I always enjoyed their posts on TI and hope both return. As moderators it's possible they erred on the side of caution as I'm sure they didn't want the forum to descend into the madness it experienced for a while.
Think it was Stanshall now. Didn't he become obsessed with posting collegiate stuff?

Thought Andy B was teacher.
I think he's some sort of education consultant.
I was getting you mixed up with someone from Coventry, not Leicester.
I have no recollection whatsoever of anyone from Coventry ever having been on TI.
Remember you digged Cal Tjader, always a winner.
Oh yes.
Where Latin America have you gone to?
3 years in Cali, Colombia with occasional time to explore the rest of the country. And it is one hell of a country. Not everyone's cuppa I'm sure but I love the place. Stunningly beautiful and the people are, for the most part, friendly and enjoy life. (I might as well pre-empt the drugs references: I don't use cocaine and neither do 99.9% of Colombians, indeed it's a very taboo subject over there due to the immense damage it's done to the country and its reputation.)

Then 3 months in Puebla, Mexico. A lovely place to visit but for living, not so much.

3 years in Cali, Colombia with occasional time to explore the rest of the country. And it is one hell of a country. Not everyone's cuppa I'm sure but I love the place. Stunningly beautiful and the people are, for the most part, friendly and enjoy life. (I might as well pre-empt the drugs references: I don't use cocaine and neither do 99.9% of Colombians, indeed it's a very taboo subject over there due to the immense damage it's done to the country and its reputation.)

Then 3 months in Puebla, Mexico. A lovely place to visit but for living, not so much.
The old South American joke goes along the lines that one of the angels asked God why he created such a beautiful landscape as regards the mountains, rivers, countryside and rich farm land in one nation state. Then God said, just wait to see who I populate it with!

StyleForum member works for C&J and states that he advised SF management when he started working there.

C&J is not an SF affiliate.

Other SF members ask questions about C&J in thread about C&J.

SF member tries to be helpful in responding to those questions. It appears it specifically related to a group made-to-order (GMTO) project started by SF members.

Fok contacts C&J directly to complain about their employee being "too commercial".

StyleForum member works for C&J and states that he advised SF management when he started working there.

C&J is not an SF affiliate.

Other SF members ask questions about C&J in thread about C&J.

SF member tries to be helpful in responding to those questions. It appears it specifically related to a group made-to-order (GMTO) project started by SF members.

Fok contacts C&J directly to complain about their employee being "too commercial".

What a petty cunt. Can’t believe he pm’ed this guy’s boss to bitch at him about doing his job and trying to sell shoes. All because for couldn’t make a few extra bucks off the deal.

Someone should PM Crat and have him migrate over. Perfect test case for what we are doing here.

Former member @EFV seems to have opened up a shop of his own

Here’s to hoping he succeeds

Former member @EFV seems to have opened up a shop of his own

Here’s to hoping he succeeds
I wasn’t expecting it to be used stuff. He didn’t seem like the thrifting type, but maybe I’m misremembering him.

if he can coach a team and do it you can as well

He sounds like he knows what he's doing on the congas. My other goal is to get a conga drum next year and get good on it. But only if I've made good progress on the bongos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom