The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

West Side.gif

I guess it's Andy B under a new name. He had a psychotic episode a few years back, and apparently is on track for another.
I've just had a cursory glance, he doesn't appear on the verge of a psychotic episode to me. Although the ramblings about Charlie Parker records, John Simons and Brooks Brothers stores appears rather old hat to me now.

More jackdaw meanderings from our favourite unhappy little midget.

Yes, he detailed the saga (as he usually does) in The Watch Appreciation Thread (the aptly-named TWAT) on SF.

He sent the watch off somewhere for repair. The repair involved melting down the buckle from a Patek Philippe watch (necessary, apparently, to ensure the precise shade of white gold alloy), "laser welding" a bit of the metal from the buckle on to the Foo's watch, and then polishing it down so that it matched the rest of the watch. Apparently, the repair cost several thousand dollars.

It entirely escapes me how someone can hand-polish a watch so that it wears down part of the case. How hard was he rubbing it?!

(Please, please, no double entendres here!)

Yes, he detailed the saga (as he usually does) in The Watch Appreciation Thread (the aptly-named TWAT) on SF.

He sent the watch off somewhere for repair. The repair involved melting down the buckle from a Patek Philippe watch (necessary, apparently, to ensure the precise shade of white gold alloy), "laser welding" a bit of the metal from the buckle on to the Foo's watch, and then polishing it down so that it matched the rest of the watch. Apparently, the repair cost several thousand dollars.

It entirely escapes me how someone can hand-polish a watch so that it wears down part of the case. How hard was he rubbing it?!

''laser welding'' aka (in this case) soldering.

You can wear down the case through over polishing. You should postpone polishing of cases to get scratches until the last moment you can stand it.
You don't revive by endlessly posting about hardly anything. Do you?
The zeitgeist has moved on, anecdotes about London Fog macs are going to get the forum nowhere.

Berk Breath takes on Chenners' replacement and for a change he isn't a berk.

I did think BB and the new guy was an odd combination (being as I have a high opinion of the former).

So not only does the new guy know next to nothing about ivy clothing, even when it comes down to discussing the ivy-related concepts that he's more interested in, he struggles to make any sort of intelligent commentary. I hope a replacement is in the wings, as he or (better yet) she may soon be needed.

Berk Breath takes on Chenners' replacement and for a change he isn't a berk.
I got as far as; As a Buddhist... that was enough waffle for me.

To be fair, when it comes to waffle the new guy is an expert. Book reviews: not so much.

I take it you haven't seen any photos of him, Sauce?

A Fine Sadness is giving his best revive the FNB Ivy forum.
Yes. Prolific output and good style, reminiscent of the busy days of Jim and co.

Problem is not many others chipping in. The other danger when reviving old threads is referring to people others have never heard of. A valiant effort to move things on and update though.

Yes. Prolific output and good style, reminiscent of the busy days of Jim and co.

Problem is not many others chipping in. The other danger when reviving old threads is referring to people others have never heard of. A valiant effort to move things on and update though.

The biggest problem is the forum doesn't actually work. An update is on its way though so it's no big deal in the long run.

I guess it's Andy B under a new name. He had a psychotic episode a few years back, and apparently is on track for another.

Only him? All this forums are plenty of psychopaths/narcissists or and psychotics ( the ones who lose contact with reality), in fact most of those manage a lot of multiaccounts at once selftrolling. Florish shit is an example of psychotich

Only him? All this forums are plenty of psychopaths/narcissists or and psychotics ( the ones who lose contact with reality), in fact most of those manage a lot of multiaccounts at once selftrolling. Florish shit is an example of psychotich
How dare you call me and my puppets psychotic, Mr. Lumpen! Find your third eye quickly and use it.

By the way, a troll on the new revised psychotic-run FNB Talk Ivy is looking for a few hundred hand-made Ivy style ties and shirts. Would you happen to know who could make them for him? Thanks in advance for the info.

Whatever happened to the "What's New With The FOO?" thread? Did Grand Potentate Grand Potentate have to take it down after our diminutive hero sent a cease & desist?

How dare you call me and my puppets psychotic, Mr. Lumpen! Find your third eye quickly and use it.

By the way, a troll on the new revised psychotic-run FNB Talk Ivy is looking for a few hundred hand-made Ivy style ties and shirts. Would you happen to know who could make them for him? Thanks in advance for the info.

My crew could do the ties, the shirts I can ask, how many would be? Everything is almost closed due to covid and low export.

sadly, nothing this interesting other than your diminishing eyesight.
The shitty search function more likely. But thanks. Also - feel free to move my link about his overpolishing his knob watch to that thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom